Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Manchester Utd (A) Pre-Match Thread

15 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Can't see anything but a loss, they look sensational currently. I'd like to see us score early and unselttle them, but if they score first it could be a thrashing. 

They look like world-beaters the last 10 minutes of regulation, otherwise they're beatable. We'll have to be shrewd about our substitutes against Man U, though if ever there is a time we can manage that, it should be now, with our deepest team ever. I think a lot of us anticipate the problem being at CB, but I think that this will be easier for Wes than matching-up with shiftier, quicker players in the box.

4 hours ago, vanity said:

They look like world-beaters the last 10 minutes of regulation, otherwise they're beatable. We'll have to be shrewd about our substitutes against Man U, though if ever there is a time we can manage that, it should be now, with our deepest team ever. I think a lot of us anticipate the problem being at CB, but I think that this will be easier for Wes than matching-up with shiftier, quicker players in the box.

Not too bad in injury time either :P

Games don't come much tougher than this.  It will be an excellent measure of where we are.  Utd have 2x 4-0 wins so far but against Swansea they were frustrated for long periods before Swansea capitulated in the final 10 minutes.

Keep it tight in midfield and at the back, deny them space.  Our chances will be few and far between.  Got to take them when they appear.  

I live more in hope than expectation, but I would certainly take a point now if it were offered.

Despite having family who are Sheffield United fans.. going there numerous tines and seeing us lose more or less every visit without winning... tonight I went.. we won.

Saturday we will nick something. 2-1 win, Pogba sent off.

Sadly, we will get hammered!

They are too fast and too strong for us! Not looking forward to the match,  if we keep the same team, lukaku will breeze past wes, mahrez will have another performance like the arsenal one, the midfield will get overrun and somehow the ball will hit shinji by accident for our only goal so kelechi and slim won't have a chance to get a starting spot!

Just go full SAF and play with n'didi as the holding midfielder partnered by iborra or james with Ben playing the albrighton role and amartey in the mahrez role while riyad with vardy up top

Kasper

Simmo.              Wes.              Maguire.            Fuchs

N'didi.         Iborra/james

Amartey.                                                            Ben

Mahrez 

Vardy

Only way I see a chance is this!

Need to go 433 or some variant of 3 In midfield.

However what id like to see is

352/532

kasper

Cbs  Amartey  huth maguire

Fullbacks albrighton Fuchs 

CMs ndidi James (iborra if fit)

CAM mahrez 

ST Okazaki (although I'd consider slim just for physical presence) + Vardy

Pretty terrified by their front 3 to be honest but weirdly we do better against Lukaku than Ibra. Mhkytarian is in worldy form and their wide pace is scary. 

Saying that, still think they might be a little fragile at the back and we need to capitalise on set pieces. I think an on form Riyad could give Blind a torrid time and Vardy, Shinji, a hungry Slim and potentially Kelechi against his old rivals will be a danger. James will also be pumped to be back at OT as well. 

I think we will probably lose but it would be great to stop Man U while everyone is loving them and Mourinho, and it certainly won't be a dull 0-0! 

41 minutes ago, the fox said:

Sadly, we will get hammered!

They are too fast and too strong for us! Not looking forward to the match,  if we keep the same team, lukaku will breeze past wes, mahrez will have another performance like the arsenal one, the midfield will get overrun and somehow the ball will hit shinji by accident for our only goal so kelechi and slim won't have a chance to get a starting spot!

Just go full SAF and play with n'didi as the holding midfielder partnered by iborra or james with Ben playing the albrighton role and amartey in the mahrez role while riyad with vardy up top

Kasper

Simmo.              Wes.              Maguire.            Fuchs

N'didi.         Iborra/james

Amartey.                                                            Ben

Mahrez 

Vardy

Only way I see a chance is this!

Albrighton is the best defensive winger in the league. Why would you want to replace him with Chilwell who can't defend?

38 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Albrighton is the best defensive winger in the league. Why would you want to replace him with Chilwell who can't defend?

Chilwell is a decent defender, plus, I want someone who can run down the channels and play it it with his left foot.

Ben can give those bursts of pace that you need on the edge of the pitch that can force united to play wider which leaves more space for riyad and vardy to work with.

I'd like to see this setup

Kasper

Simmo.                 Maguire.            Fuchs

Mahrez             N'didi.         james          albrighton

Iniacho

Slim      Vardy

23 minutes ago, 4fuxsake said:

I'd like to see this setup

Kasper

Simmo.                 Maguire.            Fuchs

Mahrez             N'didi.         james          albrighton

Iniacho

Slim      Vardy

6-0 everyone coming down our right hand side. Mahrez as a wing back really won't work. Simmo on the right of the three will get trashed.

11 minutes ago, sylofox said:

6-0 everyone coming down our right hand side. Mahrez as a wing back really won't work. Simmo on the right of the three will get trashed.

you underestimate simmo, and with n'didi on that side they should cope just fine.

The attack look deadly, best form of defense is attack.

25 minutes ago, 4fuxsake said:

you underestimate simmo, and with n'didi on that side they should cope just fine.

The attack look deadly, best form of defense is attack.

No I don't underestimate Simmo at all. I just know Mahrez is no wing back.

Archived