Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Manchester Utd (A) Pre-Match Thread

The problem is that they can score in different ways. From set-pieces, on the counter etc 

They will definitely score - at least 2 in my opinion which means we need to be clever. Go 4-4-2 with Okazaki helping the midfield.

We'll probably lose but there's no shame in that. Just make sure it's not a hammering.  

20 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

With the usual 4-4-2, I can see Mahrez being shut down and having a crap game, Albrighton trying his best but crosses aren't the forwards cup of tea, Shinji running like a mad man with little effect, Vardy starved and the midfield being overrun.

We can't hold the line against those, they will score. It's only a matter of when. We should go for a more attack minded formation.

If we are to lose then at least lose while trying.

I am thinking the same way exactly. So very predictable.

They have so many technically gifted players that it will be hard to hold them. They're so big and powerful that to have any chance we'll need to keep possession for long periods. 

If we're loose with the Ball they will punish us. We also need to avoid giving away corners because of the miss match in height.

It's a game we could do with DD to help retain possession but I guess he's still out. So it will be James or maybe Mendy might come into the team.

It might be the game to give Gray his chance against a big club, He's obviously buzzing after Tuesday's game, So let's see what he can offer in a big game.

Let's hope they have an off day and we catch them cold but I doubt it. I think Mourino is still smarting of his final Chelsea game against us.

I'd take a draw right now and that I feel is the best we can hope for.

On 08/23/2017 at 09:56, ZeGuy said:

With the usual 4-4-2, I can see Mahrez being shut down and having a crap game, Albrighton trying his best but crosses aren't the forwards cup of tea, Shinji running like a mad man with little effect, Vardy starved and the midfield being overrun.

We can't hold the line against those, they will score. It's only a matter of when. We should go for a more attack minded formation.

If we are to lose then at least lose while trying.

We generally try by counter attacking though, and two defensive midfielders, Ndidi and Iborra if fit, could protect a makeshift CB and a defensively weak LB and hopefully release an in form Mahrez and Vardy on the counter. Slim and Shinji both warrant a place though, both finding the net in recent games.

13 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

We generally try by counter attacking though, and two defensive midfielders, Ndidi and Iborra if fit, could protect a makeshift CB and a defensively weak LB and hopefully release an in form Mahrez and Vardy on the counter. Slim and Shinji both warrant a place though, both finding the net in recent games.

Not sold on playing 4-4-2 against one of the finest PL midfields. Drinkwater, supposing he's in form, isn't even there.  They'll gang up on Mahrez, that's a given and Bailly handled Vardy very well last season.

We'll see.

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:
7 minutes ago, Papasmurf said:
I'm shitting myself at the prospect of Wilf and James vs Pogba, Matic and Mata.

I'm shitting myself at the prospect of Wes hobbling around after Lukaku like old man Steptoe. I really wouldn't be upset if Wes missed this one.

Lets hope we're not sitting near each other then. Could get whiffy.

6 minutes ago, Papasmurf said:

I'm shitting myself at the prospect of Wilf and James vs Pogba, Matic and Mata.

Exactly,  it's not going to work is it, so time to depart from the same old same old and try and pick a formation and team, regardless of favourites, to try and fit within that formation and get a win or draw. There's no points for magnificent losers.

Been pleasantly surprised with our away ends this year so looking forward to getting to this! United will attack narrow which I think will suit us, but set pieces is my big fear. Pray we can stay in it as long as possible before bringing on Iheanacho late on

Maguire not trained today as a precaution. 

Vardy and Morgan expected to be ready.

Kelechi, Drinkwater and Mendy in training. Not sure if this means they're ready or not?

Huth and iborra not training. 

All from the press conference. 

44 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Exactly,  it's not going to work is it, so time to depart from the same old same old and try and pick a formation and team, regardless of favourites, to try and fit within that formation and get a win or draw. There's no points for magnificent losers.

You'd go for 3-man midfield with Amartey in there too? Iborra is a real miss for this game imo, useful on the ball along with his height for set-pieces

Ndidi really needs to cut out the sloppiness, it was even on show Vs Sheffield Utd - Very disappointing given his high standards.

For me Slimani has to play which means replacing Okazaki (unfortunately,) assuming Vardy is fit... We HAVE to get around Matic, so Albrighton is a must given that Mahrez & Gray both cut-in to the middle and provide some crosses for Slimani

Archived