Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adrien Silva - Terms Agreed

According to Portugal's "Record" newspaper, an announcement can be expected at the start of next week:

http://www.record.pt/futebol/futebol-nacional/liga-nos/sporting/detalhe/fifa-ja-tem-os-dados-sobre-o-dossie-adrien.html

Silva has already been added to our 25-man roster, btw.

http://www.abola.pt/Nacional/Noticias/Ver/690240

According to Portugal's "Record" newspaper, an announcement can be expected at the start of next week:
http://www.record.pt/futebol/futebol-nacional/liga-nos/sporting/detalhe/fifa-ja-tem-os-dados-sobre-o-dossie-adrien.html

Silva has already been added to our 25-man roster, btw.
http://www.abola.pt/Nacional/Noticias/Ver/690240
please take in consideration that 95% of the times, what portuguese newspapers do is to quote other news [emoji55]

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, marinhoo said:

please take in consideration that 95% of the times, what portuguese newspapers do is to quote other news emoji55.png

I'm clinging onto the hope that they're reporting on the other 5% in this case, of course.

11 hours ago, DatfoxesKid23 said:

ohhhhhhh no not doris anyone but doris

Well, Doris is better than Janice from accounting, because she doesn't give a ****. ;)

2 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Do any of our new sporting friend know if Silva is in line to play tonight against hungry? Or is his injury going to keep him out?  Will definitely watch if he is playing.

It's still unknown at this time. He got injured in a game before this call up, our medical department said it was a broken rib. I don't know how long it takes to heal, or how much it limits his performance, but i'd wager he's not playing.

Also, regarding how long this is taking, it was said pretty early on Friday that it would only be resolved next week. I guess FIFA takes long weekends off.

[mention=28192]marinhoo[/mention] [mention=26586]SCP4Ever[/mention] [mention=26600]SCP1906[/mention]
to be honest, I don't believe so.
Portugal midfield is quite good so Adrien it will not be missed.
also, he was injured (ribs bruise) in the last 2 weeks so.
pretty confident that is next official game will be with "foxes shirt"

[mention=28192]marinhoo[/mention] [mention=26586]SCP4Ever[/mention] [mention=26600]SCP1906[/mention]

I don't know if he's fully fit.

But you can watch Portugal to see William Carvalho playing and maybe Gelson Martins too.

After Slimani and Silva, City will be looking for another Sporting lad for next summer transfer window.

[emoji4]

Just now, SCP1906 said:

But you can watch Portugal to see William Carvalho playing and maybe Gelson Martins too.

After Slimani and Silva, City will be looking for another Sporting lad for next summer transfer window.

emoji4.png

Carvalho to replace wilf next summer who will move to united !!

3 minutes ago, SCP1906 said:

emoji4.png

Cheers.

Look forward to seeing Renato Sanches in the Premier League! (I know it's nothing related to Sporting Lisbon but i'm talking from a Portuguese aspect)

Hmmm, let's just say I hope Silva turns out to be better than Slimani has, please take Slimani back! :fc:

Cheers.

Look forward to seeing Renato Sanches in the Premier League! (I know it's nothing related to Sporting Lisbon but i'm talking from a Portuguese aspect)

Hmmm, let's just say I hope Silva turns out to be better than Slimani has, please take Slimani back! :fc:

actually, that was a pretty strong rumour around here in Lisbon.

that you offered slimani back in order to lower Adrien price.

to be honest, I didn't mind to have him back (the rumours were around 15 million GBP + Slimani).

I know it is not easy to get into Premier league pace and mentality but nevertheless, doesn't he has the same score ratio as Vardy? [emoji4]

The issue is that it seems difficult to concept Leicester on a pure 4-4-2.

even "bottom table" games seem difficult when facing away games.

while in Portugal, except facing the 3 big clubs and one or 2 additional away games, Sporting always play with 2 strikers /forwards plus the full backs being almost wingers.

Just now, marinhoo said:

actually, that was a pretty strong rumour around here in Lisbon.
that you offered slimani back in order to lower Adrien price.
to be honest, I didn't mind to have him back (the rumours were around 15 million GBP + Slimani).
I know it is not easy to get into Premier league pace and mentality but nevertheless, doesn't he has the same score ratio as Vardy? :)

It's big debate on here and you can't argue with the stats and facts.

I just find him so frustrating to watch.

Can I see him keeping the stats and facts up? I struggle to see it.

I think this is gonna open a can of worms :unsure: I hope it doesn't.

22 minutes ago, SCP1906 said:

emoji4.png

You got any decent RBs.

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

The miss against Derby was inexcusable.

3 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Reading more about "international clearance," the less worried I am. It's pure paperwork, and isn't something that gets "approved" by UEFA or FIFA.

In fact, if the Portuguese FA took too long to process the paperwork, he would be given provisional clearance, and still be able to play.

Is it just me that is worried that this deal might not go through? I wish I could share yours and everyone else's confidence that this will be straight forward and will be completed early next week.

It's the very brief and late website announcement from LCFC that is concerning me.

The similar deadline day deal for Slimani in Aug 2016 was announced with a fanfare and glowing praise of the player (also subject to international clearance):

https://www.lcfc.com/news/433773

Whereas all we get for Silva in Aug/Sep 2017 is this which is the reason for my scepticism and makes me think that there may be a problem:

https://www.lcfc.com/news/465351/terms-agreed-with-sporting-for-adrien-silva/press-release

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

c0YsFtF.png

Carvalho to replace wilf next summer who will move to united !!

Carvalho would be a even better player to Leicester City.

You'll - and Vardy - be amazed with is long passing ability.

Cheers.  

Look forward to seeing Renato Sanches in the Premier League! (I know it's nothing related to Sporting DE PORTUGAL but i'm talking from a Portuguese aspect)

Sanches is from that benfica cvnts.

He's a good player but overrated too.

He was very strong physically for is age when he made his debut in benfica, and was surrounded with good/very good players for portuguese league.

He's very good with the ball in his feet and running to other team penalty area, but most times he makes poor decisions or fails the last crossing.

He's very poor in defending too.

In Benfica that wasn't a big problem because only 1 in 10 portuguese teams have players as good and strong as Benfica... But on Swansea that will be different.

Don't know how he evolved on Bayern Munique, but considering he had few time playing there I think he didnt evolved that much.

Edit:

Btw.. is Sporting DE PORTUGAL.

it is not easy to consider all the variables when evaluating a player...
for instance, Sporting bought Bas Dost for 9 million pounds to replace slimani when he was facing low level seasons at wolfsburg.
by the year end, he was candidate to Europe top scorer, only beaten by Messi...

for instance, I believe Adrien fits better on a 4-3-3 or a "smaller team 4-4-2".
why?
because on a bigger club, the 2 midfielder guys, 1 must be very creative, must be able to "open" spaces and provide "rupture" passes.
Sporting in Portugal plays almost all the time on the opponent midfield, has like 60 and above percent of ball possession.
it is not easy for Adrien to be that creative.
for me, all the best performances from him were against teams that were able to dispute (or be above) Sporting

37 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Is it just me that is worried that this deal might not go through? I wish I could share yours and everyone else's confidence that this will be straight forward and will be completed early next week.

It's the very brief and late website announcement from LCFC that is concerning me.

The similar deadline day deal for Slimani in Aug 2016 was announced with a fanfare and glowing praise of the player (also subject to international clearance):

https://www.lcfc.com/news/433773

Whereas all we get for Silva in Aug/Sep 2017 is this which is the reason for my scepticism and makes me think that there may be a problem:

https://www.lcfc.com/news/465351/terms-agreed-with-sporting-for-adrien-silva/press-release

The real mystery is, several players were signed from overseas Clubs on dead-line day with no mention/issues on International Clearance.  All will be revealed tomorrow.

The delay could be because the Silva deal was later than other deals which required international clearance. Did Spanish clubs who completed international deals a few hours later also have to wait? I don't know. It's also possible that there's a situation which FIFA have been advised to give the once over.

Hopefully there'll be a resolution, but it's interesting to wonder at what may happen if he doesn't sign. Could it work to our advantage? If Morgan / Huth have still got it, or Dragovic steps up, then would we risk Maguire in a DM role? Or would it be back to Amartey / King? Will Amartey have learned from his game time last year? Could Iborra play a box-to-box role? Have we got a recall on Barnes? Will we switch to the Pearson-era 3-4-1-2? Or a 4-3-3 / 4-2-3-1? Or just Ndidi-James?

If the signing were to fall through, there's always the chance that it will throw something up which is new, and for the good. And it would give us time to evaluate our options, and perhaps identify an even more suitable replacement. My biggest concern is that it would also create unrest - a loss of belief in some players that the club were moving forward and doing its business efficiently.

Archived