Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adrien Silva - Terms Agreed

6 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

why did it take them 17 hours to post the update?

Because they were waiting to get verbal confirmation from the PL/FA that everything was in order. International clearance from FIFA will be a formality.   

Hopefully he gets a run out Sunday against Hungary to sharpen him up for next weekend. Iborra won't be match fit so won't be risked. 

1 minute ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Both sides have experience with last minute signings, from Sporting to Leicester, so I really can't see why there is great reason to worry.

If the hold up was late filed paper work as was mentioned this morning. Having read the goings on with a previous sporting transfer that had issues, I'm much more confident than I was. If we missed the deadline to upload ALL the documents, then it goes to FIFA to look into. If they say no, you can still go to the appeals board and they do actually give you some wiggle room.

Nice were 4 minutes late uploading their files for a transfer, the arbitration board said they should have continued the appeal they dropped as there was a good chance the appeal would have been successful. There was a misunderstanding on what had been agreed with the player and the contract had to be amended, that caused the delay. The board said it would probably have been ruled ok on that basis.

So it's certainly not a case of "you missed the deadline, so tough luck".

It's all a dream. There's no Silva, there's no Iheanacho, there's no Balloon d'Or players, there's no Premier League trophy. I'll wake up tomorrow and we'll be playing Derby in the Championship again, inexplicable with Schlupp in central midfield.

5 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Quote from my Portuguese friend (Porto fan):

"He is very good, much better than William Carvalho.  Mentally very strong, great vision, tactically perfect.  You may not notice him a lot but he controls and organizes the midfield almost alone. It's a great signing for sure"

#spaff

They're completely different players, one is a 5.74 feet tall box-to-box CM, other is a 6.14 feet tall defensive midfielder.

All I can say when comparing them is:

If William Carvalho had the same motivation and profissionalism level of Adrien Silva.. William Carvalho right now would be a starter in Real Madrid or Barcelona.

Silva is very good but not a natural talent/gifted as William Carvalho is.

When motivated William is delight to watch:

carvalho.gif

[it wasn't foul, he only hit the ball]

Sir.William.gif

[making fun of 4 FC Porto players]

Adrien is good too, but more like the hardworking player LCFC is used too.

4 hours ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

Hasn't he been at sporting for like 15 years ? If so 168 aperances is quite worrying 

168 in first team.

That's not counting his games has a youth. Being 28 and 15 years in Sporting means he went to Sporting with 13yo.

Adrien like most young Sporting players [William Carvalho too] had to make himself a player and went on a loan to Académica de Coimbra, for 2 years.

Only after Adrien rise as the best Académica player he got back to Sporting and started to play in first team.

Since he got back to Sporting he's a starter. 

In Portugal we have less teams in Primeira liga, so less games each year. But being in Sporting he have more UEFA games then any player of LCFC [not counting Iborra] and a lot of national team games.

He's a starter and experienced.

4 hours ago, FuchingKante said:

Sporting fans seem to really rate this guy

Yup. Work rate and pace [not very fast, but always running] really good.

And as a skipper and made in Sportings academy he's even higher rated than an 'outsider' player.

But it's not only Sporting fans, also FC Porto fans and benfica cvnts recognise Adrien as a good and useful player.

Fernando Santos, national team manager rate him high too - sometimes he's not a starter [Portugal have a strong midfield] but against stronger teams, Adrien is a starter.

3 hours ago, Unabomber said:

How come he wanted to sign for us so bad?

He will double his wage. Plus new contract signing bonus.

Archived