Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adrien Silva - Terms Agreed

41 minutes ago, vanity said:

as someone who is an itk in another sport (my college's football recruiting, which prob sounds silly, but college football is massively popular over here in the U.S., people are fanatics), it is so very easy to look like you don't know anything. Things change quickly, a player decommits, and suddenly your team is after a player it wouldn't take a call from the week before. I expect there was a point there was no interest in Silva, and no interest from him either -- he looked to be headed to the hot tots, and we had too many MFs. But then Chelsea comes in for Danny, Mendy goes to Nice, Silva doesn't head to the tots, and we decide to have a quickie in the car together after months of seeing other people.

Idk whether the ITKs are legit on this forum, but that stuff is so fluid, people out front of the moves look like fools when they fall apart, but at the time they share their info, they are absolutely right and privvy to inside info. Just things change.

This is a great post for perspective. 

3 hours ago, murphy said:

Just a thought but Drinky's sale basically gives us Silva and Maguire for free.

Splendid business. 

...or gives us two new midfielders for the price of one.

That said, we do carry the risk that we have replaced a tried and tested Premier League player with two that might struggle to adapt. Won't be the first time.

2 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

Wasn't meant to be harsh and I agree with your sentiments. The sands move quickly as TDD approaches and I'm sure it's easy in such circumstances to move from ITK to DHAC pretty quickly!

There are some fake attention seekers though........

46 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Love how people drop Fuchs and Albrighton for two lesser players.

They're not gonna improve here if they don't play though really, gotta blood them somehow at a reasonable level or they're well within their rights to leave.

4 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Yeah, it's all a bit tentative on the LCFC side - no real carefree announcement just a quick few lines which they can appeal against or blame somebody else when the shite goes down. There is just something missing in relation to the commital of the 'we've got this done team' type approach which just challenges my confidence. Has the FA definitely approved the transfer and categorically said all is good, paperwork submitted correctly and on time - just FIFA o approve international clearance?

If the Club have cocked-up, leaving us light in MF for the next 4 months, that must be a sacking offense. So where would blame rest internally for that?

16 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

If the Club have cocked-up, leaving us light in MF for the next 4 months, that must be a sacking offense. So where would blame rest internally for that?

Having someone's head for it won't make me feel any better! I'd rather keep the person who screwed up... they won't do it again!

32 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

why speculate on something that isn't going to happen?  There are enough old women on here already without offering free gender change therapy!  stop worrying - it's just procedure. If we were yanited or chelski we wouldn't even bother with the wording. Because we are little old Leicester we continue to tug the forlock to the authorities.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Love how people drop Fuchs and Albrighton for two lesser players.

If we play 4231 with Ndidi & Silva/Iborra at the pivot then Albrighton becomes kind of redundant because we are not as desperate for his defensive duties as we are in a 442. Albrighton is obviously a fine player but Gray offers more offensively and he has better technical ability than Albrighton. Against top 6 opposition I'd definitely start Albrighton as he's tactically savvy and protects his full back better. I think both Gray & Albrighton should be rotated depending on the opposition.

Fuchs should start all day ahead of Chilwell unless we play 352.

congrats for the signing.
let's hope that FIFA/UEFA will approve everything (can't understand why wouldn't but that is a different case).
like my portuguese friends mentioned, you got the typically box to box midfielder, quite able to play either on a 3 or 2 central midfield.
European champion, captain of sporting for some years, always present on Portugal national team.
major handicap... free kicks. good, never knew why he hit all Sporting's free kicks....

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

On ‎01‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 18:16, foxinsocks said:

It a sigh of relief from me...

But...

Please can someone explain what the hold up was. .. . And in best ft tradition ...hint at the culpable

The hold up was not being able to fax the paperwork in time. We had to print up duplicates and get them all re signed. Someone had to return to the ground to re sign it.

Apparently poor old Doris had been in since 8am. She was asked to make a celebratory cuppa. When she returned she dropped the tray spilling tea all over the paperwork.

5 hours ago, SpazticChicken said:

They're not gonna improve here if they don't play though really, gotta blood them somehow at a reasonable level or they're well within their rights to leave.

They currently aren't better, should they get more game time... yes.... should they start ahead of better more consistent players....no.

25 minutes ago, sylofox said:

The hold up was not being able to fax the paperwork in time. We had to print up duplicates and get them all re signed. Someone had to return to the ground to re sign it.

Apparently poor old Doris had been in since 8am. She was asked to make a celebratory cuppa. When she returned she dropped the tray spilling tea all over the paperwork.

Update.

Doris has to give evidence at FIFA HQ Monday.

Apparently Sepp Blatter says it was easier in his day. All she would have to have done was take out her teeth and give him a BJ.

2 hours ago, sylofox said:

ohhhhhhh no not doris anyone but doris

4 hours ago, sylofox said:

Update.

Doris has to give evidence at FIFA HQ Monday.

Apparently Sepp Blatter says it was easier in his day. All she would have to have done was take out her teeth and give him a BJ.

Did she have to wear tight and short shorts?

Just realised (not sure it's been said) but we've signed two former captains of their respective clubs. This shows that Shakey wants leaders all round the pitch which is a good thing. Leadership in the middle is the best place to have it. I noticed when Iborra came on he was always given directions to the players around him, using his experience to his advantage and my guess that is actively encouraged by Shakey. Hopefully Silva will be the same. This was one of cambiasso's strengths as well and that helped us survive. 

21 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Just realised (not sure it's been said) but we've signed two former captains of their respective clubs. This shows that Shakey wants leaders all round the pitch which is a good thing. Leadership in the middle is the best place to have it. I noticed when Iborra came on he was always given directions to the players around him, using his experience to his advantage and my guess that is actively encouraged by Shakey. Hopefully Silva will be the same. This was one of cambiasso's strengths as well and that helped us survive. 

Is this because we don't have a good one on the sidelines or wearing the captains armband currently?

Archived