Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adrien Silva - Terms Agreed

The Sporting fans seem convinced that if this falls through, he will just end up training with us without playing until January when he can be properly registered. So probably not a disaster and not a catalyst for major change as we should be able to hold down the fort till then.

Just now, brucey said:

The Sporting fans seem convinced that if this falls through, he will just end up training with us without playing until January when he can be properly registered. So probably not a disaster and not a catalyst for major change as we should be able to hold down the fort till then.

think I'd rather he played for them until January to sat in match shape before being properly registered by us

Just now, Jimmy said:

think I'd rather he played for them until January to sat in match shape before being properly registered by us

I agree, but it would depend on the details of the hastily drawn up contract as to who he's eligible to play for and who pays his wages till January if this falls through. He's been withdrawn from their CL squad list, not sure about their domestic league squad list.

Are folk still musing about the deal not going through?  really??????

cant we move on?  Once it has been confirmed, are we going to start worrying every five mins when his first major injury will be ????

This was the only deal to go through after the deadline between associations. Hence both FA's have to confirm the paperwork is in order before international clearance can be granted.  We know that sporting have confirmed all ok at their end and lcfc have announced that we are just waiting for the IC. (Having had approval from the PL/FA over here).  Normally, IC is straightforward and not referenced but in this instance, where the deal was completed after the deadline, it cannot simply be taken for granted. Like i said before - if we were a United or Chelsea we wouldn't have even mentioned it. Player is away on international duty and there is no rush to get the IC through. It will be confirmed tomorrow. worry about something else !!

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I don't believe so, but can you confirm that it's happened....:)

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Once it has been confirmed, are we going to start worrying every five mins when his first major injury will be ????

I believe he's bringing his own rib injury with him....:(

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

cant we move on?  Once it has been confirmed, are we going to start worrying every five mins when his first major injury will be ????

This was the only deal to go through after the deadline between associations. Hence both FA's have to confirm the paperwork is in order before international clearance can be granted.  We know that sporting have confirmed all ok at their end and lcfc have announced that we are just waiting for the IC. (Having had approval from the PL/FA over here).  Normally, IC is straightforward and not referenced but in this instance, where the deal was completed after the deadline, it cannot simply be taken for granted. Like i said before - if we were a United or Chelsea we wouldn't have even mentioned it. Player is away on international duty and there is no rush to get the IC through. It will be confirmed tomorrow. worry about something else !!

... You just pointed out yourself why people are hedging their bets. If accounts are true, it should be a formality and an announcement will come tomorrow or Tuesday. But by your own words, it cannot be taken for granted.

28 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Wouldn't be Foxestalk if this didn't happen. :D

28 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Yes I really am still musing about this not still going through. The very brief/late announcement from LCFC makes me think something is not quite right.

Confirmation tomorrow you say, how do you know that?

BTW I'll be absolutely delighted for you to be correct. And will be the first to acknowledge that I was worrying over nothing if so.

11 minutes ago, shen said:

... You just pointed out yourself why people are hedging their bets. If accounts are true, it should be a formality and an announcement will come tomorrow or Tuesday. But by your own words, it cannot be taken for granted.

I didn't make myself clear. Of course You need the document. it IS a formality but if you don't pay attention to protocol and procedure then the authorities could take the next five days before granting it. They wouldn't dare do that to a Man U but they would us. Hence our attention to detail by not assuming anything (publically). 

Just as an aside, the club may well not reveal clearance has been received until they can announce silva with the associated shirt holding photos (if they weren't taken on Thursday evening). Not having taken the photos wouldn't shock me!  Obviously dragovic was announced without photos but silva is a higher profile signing. Let's hope the piccies were done Thursday or some of you may not make it till Tuesday! 

56 minutes ago, Matt said:

I wonder if one of the big teams would be treated like this?

I understand rules are rules and things need signing off but i'm sure they'd have rushed it through for a big team.

No Matt, they wouldn't lol (be treated like this)

Archived