Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adrien Silva - Terms Agreed

3 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Fifa decides Adrien's future

Journal of Sports4 Sep 2017

| AFP
FIFA already has all the documents relating to the transfer of Adrien Silva to Leicester City and is expected to make a decision today after negotiations between the two clubs have been completed beyond the closing time of the market. According to the Record newspaper, the player will be assured of good news from FIFA, since he has already been registered by the foxes in the English League. However, there is a risk that the opinion of the body that manages the world football will be negative and the Portuguese midfielder will be forced to stop for four months.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

He can say what he likes but two things can happen:

a) The deal has gone through and Silva is a Leicester City player

or

b) The deal hasn't gone through and he's a Sporting player.

I can't envisage a situation that the deal wasn't done on time but Leicester are still forced to buy a player that cannot play. Either we bought him or we didn't.

There is unfortunately. Already happened in a deal between Sporting and Nice, it's a long and complicated thing. If you look on something like page 2 or 3 I've posted a link to some of the details in the that case.

It's somewhat more complicated than "you signed the deal, he's not your player through". Nice made a bunch of errors that might have avoided it, but it can definitely happen.

Is there any club that's more ridiculous to support than Leicester? 

With the exception of those dour few years of being lower mid table in the Championship after 2004 and before the relegation season, it's literally never been boring. 

Everything is either exciting or a farce, on the pitch, in the transfer market, in the tabloids. There literally can't be a club that's more of an emotional roller-coaster than us. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

With the exception of those dour few years of being lower mid table in the Championship after 2004 and before the relegation season, it's literally never been boring. 

Everything is either exciting or a farce, on the pitch, in the transfer market, in the tabloids. There literally can't be a club that's more of an emotional roller-coaster than us. 

Maybe Wimbledon.

:ph34r:

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Wouldn't have it any other way.

Again, that's not necessarily the case if Leicester put preconditions in the contract that it's only a valid contract up gaining clearance.

I do know that.

It was Augusto Inácio, an ex Sporting manager and director, who knows what happens in Sporting CP, who said in Tv.

He can be wrong, but when he assures like that..

He can say what he likes but two things can happen:

a) The deal has gone through and Silva is a Leicester City player
or
b) The deal hasn't gone through and he's a Sporting player.

I can't envisage a situation that the deal wasn't done on time but Leicester are still forced to buy a player that cannot play. Either we bought him or we didn't.

Without preconditions in contract of getting clearance it can.

It's stupid not to put precondition like that in contract, but amidst all that negotiation with Sporting and Chelsea in last hours and believing all would be made in time..

I hope FIFA fica clearance..
If not I hope Adrien play in Sporting until December.
But without Drinky and Silva City will be weaker.

2 minutes ago, SCP1906 said:

I do know that.

It was Augusto Inácio, an ex Sporting manager and director, who knows what happens in Sporting CP, who said in Tv.

He can be wrong, but when he assures like that..

When I read the Nice / Sporting case there was even an argument that the contract between Nice and Sporting wouldn't have been activated if they hadn't let him train with them and play in a friendly match. Was interesting stuff, just ended up with teams of lawyers arguing with each other. Nice seriously cocked up their case in how they handled it and effectively handed the ruling to Sporting.

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It would be a bit fun if all the things that have happened since the mid 90s were listed in chronological order :D I think it would make for overwhelming reading!

Us being involved in transfer dramas is quite rare though.

34 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Consider the alternative - Foxestalk would die out, apart from match day talk :(

Errm, so in all seriousness, if Fifa REJECT the transfer, Adrian won't have a club until January as we've taken his registration from Sporting, is that correct? I'm guessing Sporting haven't named him in their squad, and we won't be able to play him if Fifa reject the paperwork.

1 minute ago, Lovejoy said:

Errm, so in all seriousness, if Fifa REJECT the transfer, Adrian won't have a club until January as we've taken his registration from Sporting, is that correct? I'm guessing Sporting haven't named him in their squad, and we won't be able to play him if Fifa reject the paperwork.

Depends on the contract wording in all honesty. If we said our contract with Sporting is only valid upon receiving clearance then he's still there player. Even if we haven't, you can still argue your case... should you want to.

Just now, Babylon said:

Depends on the contract wording in all honesty. If we said our contract with Sporting is only valid upon receiving clearance then he's still there player. Even if we haven't, you can still argue your case... should you want to.

Lots of ifs and buts.... But if (:D) Sporting haven't registered him in their squad, they probably won't be able to use him until January. Silva could turn out to be the major loser here. Hopefully FIFA will do the sensible thing and give the international clearance. I'm sure Top can have a word...

Archived