Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adrien Silva - Terms Agreed

7 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Yeah, it's all a bit tentative on the LCFC side - no real carefree announcement just a quick few lines which they can appeal against or blame somebody else when the shite goes down. There is just something missing in relation to the commital of the 'we've got this done team' type approach which just challenges my confidence. Has the FA definitely approved the transfer and categorically said all is good, paperwork submitted correctly and on time - just FIFA o approve international clearance?

I believe so - yes

clearly when there is nothing to be approved in addition to international clearance then it's not really relevant to mention it when announcing a deal. In this instance, when you need FIFA to 'rubber stamp' the deal, it would be considered a little presumptuous to make the announcement without clarification and there is no point in challenging FIFA's authority without any need to do so. They could take a dim view of that and then you end up in a potential appeal situation which we don't need. 

It will be rubber stamped Monday so the player knows he needs to be in Leicester by Wednesday for training 

9 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Yeah, it's all a bit tentative on the LCFC side - no real carefree announcement just a quick few lines which they can appeal against or blame somebody else when the shite goes down. There is just something missing in relation to the commital of the 'we've got this done team' type approach which just challenges my confidence. Has the FA definitely approved the transfer and categorically said all is good, paperwork submitted correctly and on time - just FIFA o approve international clearance?

It's probably nothing.  I just find it strange that whenever we've signed players in the past, we have announced them as normal with just a small line in the release that says 'subject to international clearance'.  So why different this time is all I'm wondering.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I believe so - yes

clearly when there is nothing to be approved in addition to international clearance then it's not really relevant to mention it when announcing a deal. In this instance, when you need FIFA to 'rubber stamp' the deal, it would be considered a little presumptuous to make the announcement without clarification and there is no point in challenging FIFA's authority without any need to do so. They could take a dim view of that and then you end up in a potential appeal situation which we don't need. 

It will be rubber stamped Monday so the player knows he needs to be in Leicester by Wednesday for training 

Hope so.

18 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Nobody knows what King is.

Silva though We have purchased as a number 8 - central midfield but not in the advanced 10 position- we have bought Iheanacho for that role.

:D

Well, Adrien is clearly a number 8, but versatile enough that he can play 6 as well. Bottom line is, he can run the length of the pitch, doing what needs to be done.

21 minutes ago, SCP4Ever said:

:D

Well, Adrien is clearly a number 8, but versatile enough that he can play 6 as well. Bottom line is, he can run the length of the pitch, doing what needs to be done.

We needed an 8 comfortable with the ball. Badly. Ndidi, Iborra or even amartey can assume the 6 role. Silva will coordinate midfield and defense (Ndidi and Maguire), take the ball forward and support the attacking players. Especially a doubled Mahrez who's in dire need of support. With Maguire and Silva the hoofballs percentage will sink drastically and the possession significantly increase.

I absolutely can't wait to see Albrightonm Vardy, Mahrez, Nacho with Silva pulling the strings., in action.

Delighted we've signed him and hugely encouraged by the comments from our Portuguese friends. 

It'll be him plus one (or two) in CM for a few years. Much as I love Drinky, Silva could prove to be a better player, which is mouthwatering.

Learned something about our supposed ITKs this window too ("We are not interested in Silva" "Silva's not interested in us")...

13 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Delighted we've signed him and hugely encouraged by the comments from our Portuguese friends. 

It'll be him plus one (or two) in CM for a few years. Much as I love Drinky, Silva could prove to be a better player, which is mouthwatering.

Learned something about our supposed ITKs this window too ("We are not interested in Silva" "Silva's not interested in us")...

Harsh on the ITK's, as we all know things in the crazy transfer window can change very quickly.  Some of the ITK's on here are sincere and genuinely give what they have.  

You're everywhere and nowhere Silva, that's where you're at
Going down a bumpy pitchside , in your Leicester hat.
Flying across the country, not getting fat
Saying everything is groovy, other teams  are flat.
And it's high ho Adrian Silva, everywhere you go now baby
I see our man is shining
But I won't make a fuss, though it's obvious

7 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

Be good if the Austrian team plays the Finnish team in the next round then.

HARD COCKS 

6 hours ago, MadKaw said:

Ah, fair enuff then. 

It was at the top of the clubs main page, thought it an odd name... I now see it was retweeted from the hanbdball teams page. 

So, are they known as the hand balling cocks.?

And the game ends, Sporting winning 31-27.

We've beaten the Cocks.

We showed those Cocks who's boss.

We put those Cocks in their place.

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Harsh on the ITK's, as we all know things in the crazy transfer window can change very quickly.  Some of the ITK's on here are sincere and genuinely give what they have.  

Wasn't meant to be harsh and I agree with your sentiments. The sands move quickly as TDD approaches and I'm sure it's easy in such circumstances to move from ITK to DHAC pretty quickly!

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

I have no problem with people offering information that they think may occur or they have been told by someone who works at the club - however they should say that. It is the ABSOLUTE MASSIVE TOOLS that I have a problem with that pass their information off as fact and belittle other people asking why they are even discussing possibilities that they have not ratified or do not support. I also have no time for people with previous/current contacts finding stuff out in real time from internet based sources and passing it off as "I've just heard this on the inside track" knowing it'll be in the mainstream internet domain in the next minutes and hours.

1 minute ago, Farrington fox said:

When CS finds his best 11 from this squad, and I think I know what that will be...  it is a mouth watering prospect. Just really hope RM gives it his best. 

What do you think you know if will be?

2 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

The ITK you're talking about came out and admitted he was surprised we signed him as it looked like we weren't after him. At the time he wrote that we probably werent after him but Drinky handing in a transfer request lead us to being interested again. I for one appreciate the itks on here even if sometimes they get it wrong. Things change all the time and they are not going to be right all the time but they are pretty good. 

2 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

as someone who is an itk in another sport (my college's football recruiting, which prob sounds silly, but college football is massively popular over here in the U.S., people are fanatics), it is so very easy to look like you don't know anything. Things change quickly, a player decommits, and suddenly your team is after a player it wouldn't take a call from the week before. I expect there was a point there was no interest in Silva, and no interest from him either -- he looked to be headed to the hot tots, and we had too many MFs. But then Chelsea comes in for Danny, Mendy goes to Nice, Silva doesn't head to the tots, and we decide to have a quickie in the car together after months of seeing other people.

Idk whether the ITKs are legit on this forum, but that stuff is so fluid, people out front of the moves look like fools when they fall apart, but at the time they share their info, they are absolutely right and privvy to inside info. Just things change.

39 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Kasper

Simpson Dragovic Maguire Chilwell

Silva Ndidi

Mahrez Iheanacho Gray

Vardy

That's immense on paper.

Subs 

Jakupovic 

Huth/Morgan

James

Albrighton or Gray

Iborra

Slimani 

In a 4231 against the bottom half teams I don't think we need Albrighton as we are already playing with 2 CDMs. Against top 6 oppositions we gotta pack the midfield and Albrighton should start.

3 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

All international transfers need uploading to the FIFA ITMS system, Sporting upload their side, we upload ours and if they match and are uploaded in time the transfer is approved.

If there was no issue, the transfer should have been listed on the list of transfers released at 1.45am that night.

Someone posted in the transfer thread what looked like quotes from the sporting side that suggested we failed to get the document uploaded in in.

Looking through previous transfers we have definitely had said "so and so player has signed subject to approval" and make a big deal of it, pictures quotes etc.

There is no way this is just a formality for me. That doesn't mean it won't be resolved quickly, it might me a minor issue. On the flip side, like the Sporting example I posted earlier, it can be a bloody mess if not handled correctly, and might need to go to appeal.

Archived