Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Iheanacho

After the Man U game I pointed out that he was fit enough to be in the squad and on the bench but was not given any game time, and asked why this was.

Only to be jumped on by 2 or 3 I KNOW EVERYTHING saying that it was because he was still injured, but low and behold  a couple of days later he's then on the plane with his country men and last night scores a goal.

Still injured !!!!!!!!!!!! Say no more.

30 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

After the Man U game I pointed out that he was fit enough to be in the squad and on the bench but was not given any game time, and asked why this was.

Only to be jumped on by 2 or 3 I KNOW EVERYTHING saying that it was because he was still injured, but low and behold  a couple of days later he's then on the plane with his country men and last night scores a goal.

Still injured !!!!!!!!!!!! Say no more.

Last Saturday was 5 days before yesterday. clearly he was fit enough to play some part if he was on the bench at OT but shakey decided to use slim as a straight vardy replacement.

note yesterday he was also on the bench for Nigeria - maybe still not 100% fit? He missed pre season and has not had a clear run since the BMG friendly.

2 minutes ago, somebum said:

This club seems to be obsessed with wrapping players in cotton basta rd wool all the players we sign turn out injury prone

On the bootroom on Thursday evenings you often hear bitchy talk about the intensity we train at, especially in game type situations. Maybe they are not injury prone but just their bodies take a while to adapt.

8 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

On the bootroom on Thursday evenings you often hear bitchy talk about the intensity we train at, especially in game type situations. Maybe they are not injury prone but just their bodies take a while to adapt.

They seem to arrive injured as well

32 minutes ago, somebum said:

This club seems to be obsessed with wrapping players in cotton basta rd wool all the players we sign turn out injury prone

Wouldn't say this was the case in the title winning season (Or before that really tbf) maybe adrenaline got them through that but I remember a few players apparently playing through injury and it didn't seem to do them any harm, they were very well managed injuries.

19 minutes ago, somebum said:

They seem to arrive injured as well

We're not as bad as Arsenal in the injury stakes.

But yes it is frustrating, we seem to take months to complete a medical and they still seem to turn up injured, Inler, Mendy, Slimani, Iheanacho just to name a few recently of the top of my head.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Wouldn't say this was the case in the title winning season (Or before that really tbf) maybe adrenaline go them through that but I remember a few players apparently playing through injury and it didn't seem to do them any harm, they were very well managed injuries.

We're not as bad as Arsenal in the injury stakes.

But yes it is frustrating, we seem to take months to complete a medical and they still seem to turn up injured, Inler, Mendy, Slimani, Iheanacho just to name a few recently of the top of my head.

Also iborra is injured as is Silva allegedly.

20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He can't be that injured if he is with portugal's international side ????

i think he had a rib injury

Yeah the SCP guys were saying that he has a rib injury, but pretty much recovered now. It'll just mean he needs a bit more training to be back to full match fitness I'd say.

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I saw him playing in the CL qualifier in Romania 10 days ago so it's a strange injury !!

Probably had the Same injury as Drinkwater i.e. Knew a move was on the cards so didn't want to play incase he  got a proper injury and risk the move 

• 3 weeks later...

Does Shakey know where to play him? 

He looked a real prospect at Manchester City,  but put Andy King in their team and he would look good too!!... 

Are we in danger of wrecking this guys potential with our style (loosely speaking) of play? 

I know he's been carrying a niggly injury but so far he's looked lost playing for us... It's sad to see. 

Same shit as slimani , You can't put a cat in the ocean and expect him to swim like a fish 

The team tactics are built around vardy , All the team plays to serve vardy to score (now there isn't anything wrong with that , vardy is a good player ) but , you can't blame the others when they can't adapt to a system that isn't suiting them 

Look at the cup games , where the tactics don't include Vardy , You have a perfect combination with Shinji , slim and gray , and it proved  efficient twice 

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Once we get the midfield sorted keeping the bloody ball, kelechi can play.  3-5-2 would suit him. I can't  see how 4-4 will. 

We've signed so many players to fit into our 442 system that we've barely seen, and I'm tired of saying it, Kante was a one off and made it work. It didn't work in 2014-15, we were bottom for the majority of the season until someone decided 3 at the back for the great escape. It barely worked in 2016-17 and it's not working now. We're set in our ways though and nothings going to change.

He hasn't done much since getting here, but lay off the kid. We've had a really tough run of games, he's not fully fit and he's got to get used to our system. Clearly he was brought to challenge Okazaki for his place, but Shinji has been sensational this season and is rightly keeping his place in the team with another goal today and another strong performance. 

Kelechi will have to work hard and take his chance, the same as Gray and Chilwell. 

Archived