Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

5 hours ago, Nalis said:

The vast majority of us love Nigel Pearson for what he's done here and hope he keeps Watford up.

He deserves praise for beating Liverpool but I think some of the opinions I've seen on here on him are a bit over the top and borderline odd, I'm not even talking about the usual suspects who come out with OTT comments anyway.

Was literally about to post on here about the 'love in' on him.

He's one of the initial reasons why LCFC has achieved so much, perhaps unexpectedly with the PL title win, but feel there's too much obsession with him and slightly dis respectful towards Rodgers to be honest.

21 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Was literally about to post on here about the 'love in' on him.

He's one of the initial reasons why LCFC has achieved so much, perhaps unexpectedly with the PL title win, but feel there's too much obsession with him and slightly dis respectful towards Rodgers to be honest.

I find it strange that nobody ever has a problem with the appreciation O'Neill gets on here but when it's Pearson it always attracts these kind of posts 

Obviously there are some that take it too far but he along with the owners transformed this club into what we are now

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

That's an unpopular opinion? I didn't realise he was unlikeable tbf. 

Plenty of Villa hate on this forum especially recently although maybe not directed at Smith.

Even the slightest praise or recognition of another teams manager is usually greeted with pelters. I'd say it was pretty unpopular to say you like/admire another teams manager on here...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Plenty of Villa hate on this forum especially recently although maybe not directed at Smith.

Even the slightest praise or recognition of another teams manager is usually greeted with pelters. I'd say it was pretty unpopular to say you like/admire another teams manager on here...

Foxestalk is ****ing weird though. I think a lot of majority opinions on here are probably unpopular opinions in "real life."

• Like 1

14 hours ago, deejdeej said:

Korma is a vastly underrated curry.

I was in an Indian restaurant once when I saw one of the waiters beating the crap out of the chef in the kitchen.

He ended up in a korma.

• Haha 1

On 02/03/2020 at 14:05, Izzy said:

I prefer to have Villa in the PL. Always enjoy playing them, they are well supported and always bring loads here and it's a good away day. What I'd call a proper club, even thought that sounds stupid.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

On 01/03/2020 at 16:45, Facecloth said:

On the other hand, its understandable people like Pearson. He was manager here twice, for a long period in the modern game. He never failed to move the club in an upward direction and signed a large chunk of the players that won the league. Add to that he's quite a likeable bloke, who's honest, but equally takes no shit.

I think some of the "get him back here" comments were tongue in cheek too. I just think people are happy for a man who'll always be held in high regard by the majority of fans here.

‘quite a likeable bloke’ had me in stitches

Fair play to him though. Doing a good job and should keep Watford up.

The Chinese authorities have a hell of a lot to answer for in respect of the initial outbreak and subsequent handling/attempted cover up of coronavirus. Before people get confused, making awful comments about chinese nationals is racist but pointing the finger at chinese authorities is not.

Now isn't the time to ask questions as we should be focusing on seeing this through this really shouldnt be ignored once the virus is controlled. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nalis said:

The Chinese authorities have a hell of a lot to answer for in respect of the initial outbreak and subsequent handling/attempted cover up of coronavirus. Before people get confused, making awful comments about chinese nationals is racist but pointing the finger at chinese authorities is not.

Now isn't the time to ask questions as we should be focusing on seeing this through this really shouldnt be ignored once the virus is controlled. 

Agree. This is what happens when you have a totalitarian regime that's more interested in its own PR than the wellbeing of its people.

2 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Agree. This is what happens when you have a totalitarian regime that's more interested in its own PR than the wellbeing of its people.

Or a global outlook that as long as they're exporting cheap products and some tasty recipes then we better shut our traps about the totalitarian regeime.

5 hours ago, Nalis said:

35 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

They're certainly culpable for what happened to their own citizens, but IMO once such a thing goes global responsibility for it spreading within a country or not solely rests with the government of that country, not where it started.

If we're not ignoring the Chinese government role, there could well be other governments of somewhat friendlier flavours that need not be ignored when this is all over, too.

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

They're certainly culpable for what happened to their own citizens, but IMO once such a thing goes global responsibility for it spreading within a country or not solely rests with the government of that country, not where it started.

If we're not ignoring the Chinese government role, there could well be other governments of somewhat friendlier flavours that need not be ignored when this is all over, too.

It looks like a poor living conditions and a laissez faire attitude towards sanitary behaviour are the cause of the outbreak, and the Chinese government's attitude towards human rights is very much the cause of those attitudes.

I agree, other countries need be held accountable - however this really does land on the Chinese Government's doorstep. Stop your citizens from starving and living in such poor conditions that gutter oil seems a sensible choice.