Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Huddersfield away match thread

1 minute ago, EnglishOxide said:

1. He's been injured

2. We don't need a 3 man midfield against Huddersfield.

1) He's not now.

2) This is a very tough game, they're flying.

3) Shakey has shown absolutely no indication to play the kind of shape and style Iborra fits.

2 minutes ago, Bryn said:

I can't work out why we signed Iborra if we're never going to play a three man midfield.

Shakey clearly easing him in after injury......it's frustrating but hopefully the loyalty he is showing to established players will be repaid in effort by the likes of king and albrighton

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

How the hell we have ended up with King in our midfield is baffling. 

We've sold Drinkwater, ****ed up the Silva signing. James has a knock, Iborra is just coming back from injury. Not really that baffling.

Seriously what was the point in spending £2.5m and whatever wages on Jakupovic for him to be third choice? I know that's peanuts these days but it's still baffling. If Shakey wanted Hamer as second choice we should have just used an academy lad for third choice. I would not be happy if I was Jakupovic.

Just now, Facecloth said:

We've sold Drinkwater, ****ed up the Silva signing. James has a knock, Iborra is just coming back from injury. Not really that baffling.

Not sure what people were expecting really, Iborra has only had one reserve game and is well behind the rest in terms of fitness. We shouldn't be in this situation, but it's not the managers fault.

1 minute ago, Larry_LCFC said:

You have to ask serious questions about the ambition of our club when Andy King is starting in midfield. Jesus.

What's ambition got to do with having people out injured, still coming back from injury, selling a players and buggering up the replacement. Bad luck, incompetent. but nothing to do with ambition.

4 minutes ago, Bryn said:

1) He's not now.

2) This is a very tough game, they're flying.

3) Shakey has shown absolutely no indication to play the kind of shape and style Iborra fits.

If Iborra can't play in a 2 then for me he's a bad signing.

We should have been signing players who fit a 2 man midfield because that's our preferred formation.

We're unlikely to go with 3 at the back and I refuse to watch us if we're going with 1 up top.

Archived