Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Huddersfield away match thread

Sorry, but King wasn't good enough in the championship. The fact that he's still starting a Premier League game shows that something is horribly, horribly wrong. 10% chance of a great game, and 90% chance that he's invisible for the whole time. Shouldn't have sent Mendy off on loan.

Other than that, can't complain with the team. Glad that 'nacho is getting a start.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

No you can't because that's a stupid argument. Mendy signed before Kante went for starters, we then signed N'didi. Ballsing up a signing or bad scouting is not the same as not having ambition, if Rudkin had done his job and everyone had been fit King wouldn't even be on the bench let alone starting.

I agree in that Rudkin has certainly contributed to placing Shakey in this position as far as Team selection is concerned. Hopefully the Owners agree.

24 minutes ago, MattP said:

How the hell we have ended up with King in our midfield is baffling. 

Its not that baffling. We sold Drinky, cant play Silva, James is injured, Iborra not quite ready and Amartey is worse than king. I know what you're saying though, its pretty poor we have to be starting King!

1 minute ago, Charl91 said:

Sorry, but King wasn't good enough in the championship. The fact that he's still starting a Premier League game shows that something is horribly, horribly wrong. 10% chance of a great game, and 90% chance that he's invisible for the whole time. Shouldn't have sent Mendy off on loan.

Other than that, can't complain with the team. Glad that 'nacho is getting a start.

Shush! Not good enough in the champ my arse! He regularly scored goals in our promotion seasons. He also scored  last year when given the oppertunity. The guy gives it his all every single time he is called upon. 

I sincerely hope he has a storm today and proves all you moaning doubters wrong. 

Go on Andy show em what you've got!

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I hope not, they'll have a field day just picking off the rest of our skeleton midfield then. This was the game to go 3-4-1-2 when we were light on midfielders but got some defenders back. Maguire could have then stepped in to DM out of the back 3 at times to keep it compact and upset Huddersfields rhythm. 

Could have selected Drago in the back 4 and moved Maguire as the midfield insurance. Wilf could then join up the dots from middle to the front two.

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

No you can't because that's a stupid argument. Mendy signed before Kante went for starters, we then signed N'didi. Ballsing up a signing or bad scouting is not the same as not having ambition, if Rudkin had done his job and everyone had been fit King wouldn't even be on the bench let alone starting.

Well no it isn't a stupid argument, you just don't like it because you like to defend people at the club for anything. Then as soon as an individual leaves all the criticism comes out. I know you, Babs, you're as predictable as they come. You defended Sousa and Sven until they left and now you think they're a joke lol

Mendy was in no way a replacement for Kante. Management said that, his statistics (tackling an interceptions specifically) said that. He was not an ambitious signing nor an adequate replacement for a ball winner. Neither was Ndidi. The scouts and management don't seem to know what Ndidi's role is. So no, that doesn't have anything to do with ambition. But that has nothing to do with my argument about the Silva situation so I don't really know what you're on about.

Now, getting back to the ambition argument. You cannot argue with the fact (I know you love facts) that we delayed the Silva signing until we'd struck the Drinkwater deal. It is clearly showing a lack of ambition, financial or otherwise, to only want a player once we've got rid of another. What we should have been doing is looking for a player to challenge Drinkwater in the starting 11 (considering his bad form).

That's why we're in this position, because we weren't ambitious enough to strengthen the squad/first 11 before we were about to lose a player.

Just now, foxhateram said:

Shush! Not good enough in the champ my arse! He regularly scored goals in our promotion seasons. He also scored  last year when given the oppertunity. The guy gives it his all every single time he is called upon. 

I sincerely hope he has a storm today and proves all you moaning doubters wrong. 

He wasn't good enough. He didn't get in to the side. 

27 minutes ago, Nugent said:

Seriously what was the point in spending £2.5m and whatever wages on Jakupovic for him to be third choice? I know that's peanuts these days but it's still baffling. If Shakey wanted Hamer as second choice we should have just used an academy lad for third choice. I would not be happy if I was Jakupovic.

Jobs 4 da boys

8 minutes ago, foxhateram said:

That's a bit of a myth though. He scored a lot in league 1, and in the early championship seasons, In our actual promotion season, he scored 4 goals, and was limited to mostly substitute appearances, because James and Drinkwater kept him out the team.

And the problem isn't the goal scoring - the problem is the game just passes him by. He doesn't impose himself enough, or create enough. It's often like playing with 10 men. People just over-look this because he's a "Leicester Legend" (which he is, fair enough). Take off the blue-tinted specs though, and you'll see that he just doesn't do enough most of the time. When King plays, especially in a midfield 2, we often get dominated in midfield.

Yeah, I'm happy for him to be a sub for the last 10 minutes of a game. But we should never get to the point where he's a starter. Sad, but it's the truth.

I think Kingy will do alright today.  He's more physical than given credit for and doesn't give the ball away much, weirdly, I think he'll be the more defensive of our two CMs.  

Attack wise, will be interesting to see Nacho finally start! I have a feeling he'll drop deeper to collect the ball, did that a lot on Monday.  We should hopefully play some nice stuff in the final third! 

Team wise, I hope we start fast, Shakey and Apps said we would last week but we didn't.  I'd also like to see us pressing a bit higher - only in the final third worries me.  This however, sorry, going to contradict myself (only a liitle), is a good game for the counter, as we take advantage of their press.  We just need to start ours earlier.  Also a good warm up for the LFC games coming up, they play in similar ways.  

Archived