Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Huddersfield away match thread

Just now, Milo said:

Honestly King and James are a bit interchangeable for me - both decent Prem squad midfielders, but neither particularly special. Don't think it weakens the team massively to replace James with King.

I think James is a lot stronger than King (at least at full fitness). That being said, I feel that James probably shouldn't be a regular starter, but I'm happy for him to rotate in the odd game and provide cover/tactical options.

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Aaron Mooy will not have an easier game all season than against that midfield. But with Iborra only just coming back, what's the alternative? Shambolic position to be in. 

Still think we'll turn it on 2nd half and win after going behind and then making changes. Gray and Vardy 2-1 Leicester

They've already beaten Palace 3-0 away from home and beaten Newcastle but yeah ok our midfield is the worst in the league :rolleyes:

Let's not prejudge the selection. Shakey is under pressure today and knows he has to get a result. He sees the players in training and this is the team he obviously reckons - from those available - that will do the best job for him.

If they don't, then I'm sure we'll all have our say in the post-match thread...

Let's hope though that he's got it right. Lose today and we're in a mess. 

33 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

City employs Shakey as Manager to work with the players, make them as good as they can be, then pick the team and formation most likely to succeed against the next opposition.  He works with them on a daily basis which helps him make those decisions.  No-one on this forum does the same and it seems most rely on history or potential to select the team.  If Shakey gets it wrong on a regular basis he'll be gone, until that time I'll rely on his judgement above others.  So I'm behind the team that takes the field today, regardless on personnel.  Come on City!

City must also provide him with the top hat that he uses to pull his substitution choices out of. 

20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If Huddersfield are on their pressing game then wilf and AK could be in for a tough time  perhaps we will see Harry coming into midfield a lot today and the spare full back covering the space 

This is why 3-4-1-2 would have been ideal. Plus it's a much better system for Champagne Chilwell.

Archived