Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Huddersfield away match thread

5 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:
9 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:
I've got no problem with Shakey's selection there. Got my gun loaded in prep for the substitutions

Where we bring on a defender, concede, bring on an attacker, look positive but they have shut up shop... Those sort of subs?!

Lol, yep. I have every hope that he manages this one well though

Just now, Babylon said:

What's ambition got to do with having people out injured, still coming back from injury, selling a players and buggering up the replacement. Bad luck, incompetent. but nothing to do with ambition.

Well, you could argue the club wasn't ambitious enough to buy some quality midfielders before selling one. In fact we've sold our 2 best central midfielders before trying to bring in replacements for them, that's why we are short.

It's like the owners have pulled the plug and we need to sell before we can buy.

Like most people I don't think Andy King is good enough for a team with aspirations of finishing in the top half of the PL, but hopefully he'll become 5th choice over the course of this season. Behind Ndidi, James, Silva and Iborra.

But I'm not sure that CS deserves too much criticism for starting with him today. Iborra has just returned from injury, James is injured and we all know the situation with Silva. 

City employs Shakey as Manager to work with the players, make them as good as they can be, then pick the team and formation most likely to succeed against the next opposition.  He works with them on a daily basis which helps him make those decisions.  No-one on this forum does the same and it seems most rely on history or potential to select the team.  If Shakey gets it wrong on a regular basis he'll be gone, until that time I'll rely on his judgement above others.  So I'm behind the team that takes the field today, regardless on personnel.  Come on City!

Aaron Mooy will not have an easier game all season than against that midfield. But with Iborra only just coming back, what's the alternative? Shambolic position to be in. 

Still think we'll turn it on 2nd half and win after going behind and then making changes. Gray and Vardy 2-1 Leicester

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Ffs can people calm down a bit. It's Huddersfield not fvcking Barca. At least let's have ten minutes of shite before moaning.

Yes a couple of early goals against us and complete failure to keep hold of the ball in midfield resulting in aimless punts up to Vardy.

Would that do it?

6 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Well, you could argue the club wasn't ambitious enough to buy some quality midfielders before selling one. In fact we've sold our 2 best central midfielders before trying to bring in replacements for them, that's why we are short.

It's like the owners have pulled the plug and we need to sell before we can buy.

No you can't because that's a stupid argument. Mendy signed before Kante went for starters, we then signed N'didi. Ballsing up a signing or bad scouting is not the same as not having ambition, if Rudkin had done his job and everyone had been fit King wouldn't even be on the bench let alone starting.

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Ffs can people calm down a bit. It's Huddersfield not fvcking Barca. At least let's have ten minutes of shite before moaning.

lol

But then you'll call people fickle.

At least people are laying their cards on the table pre-match so you can take great delight in telling them they were wrong if we win :)

TBF I'm not saying we'll lose today but we don't need 10 minutes to know that we really shouldn't be left with King in a 2 man midfield away from home.

I was very impressed with King in the recent internationals. He was brought on at halftime and changed the game in one of the fixtures, that was with Bale on the pitch (although it was his role to man mark a key player)

Yes the days are gone where he was a 15 goal a season midfielder, but he is still a threat in front of goal if he was to find himself there and his defensive play is as good as it's ever been in his career. 

Just now, roblcfc84 said:

Really don't get the hate for King. Ok, clearly he's no Iniesta but he's solid and scored some important goals. Never moans and gets on with his job whatever he's asked to do

I agree that there shouldn't be any hate towards him. He's a loyal servant, appears to be a decent bloke and he's a model professional.

But unfortunately he's not good enough if we're a team with ambition. 

Just now, Babylon said:

No you can't because that's a stupid argument. Mendy signed before Kante went for starters, we then signed N'didi. Ballsing up a signing is not the same as not having ambition, if Rudkin had done his job and everyone had been fit King wouldn't even be on the bench let alone starting.

So how's that Kings fault? Played an important part in our progression since league one. I agree we should have better options but in terms of abuse I can think of more deserving candidates than King

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Aaron Mooy will not have an easier game all season than against that midfield. But with Iborra only just coming back, what's the alternative? Shambolic position to be in. 

Still think we'll turn it on 2nd half and win after going behind and then making changes. Gray and Vardy 2-1 Leicester

Might see his role just man marking Mooy today I wonder?

3 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I agree that there shouldn't be any hate towards him. He's a loyal servant, appears to be a decent bloke and he's a model professional.

But unfortunately he's not good enough if we're a team with ambition. 

He shouldn't even be here anymore! He's a championship player at best and it he didn't even get in the promotion winning team lol 

Just now, Collymore said:

Might see his role just man marking Mooy today I wonder?

I hope not, they'll have a field day just picking off the rest of our skeleton midfield then. This was the game to go 3-4-1-2 when we were light on midfielders but got some defenders back. Maguire could have then stepped in to DM out of the back 3 at times to keep it compact and upset Huddersfields rhythm. 

Archived