Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Match Thread - Liverpool (EFL Cup) - 19/09/2017

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

To be fair in the last round it did work with Slimani particularly impressing as the link between midfield and attack. The thing is, that was against Sheffield United...

We'll see…. Seems odd, but, being 'glass half full' I'm quite enjoying having a melt down when we're unleashing £38m of attacking talent !!

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Hope Shakey is asked why he thinks Slimani and Ulloa are a good strike pairing... Would love to hear his reasoning behind that one! 

It worked vs Sheffield! Yes, I know its just Sheffield united but, Liverpool aren't putting their strongest side.

Why are we insisting with 442. I'm no where near to be qualified as a manager or a coach but I've played enough Fifa to know we could have played King instead of Ullloa in a 4231 formation. That would have been interesting with Gray and King supporting the big man. 

31 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

That's the spirit.

We are not playing great, they have put out some class players, I expect to get beat, don't know why you feel the need to be sarcastic, I'm a Leicester fan, I expect Liverpool to beat us, doesn't mean I don't think we can win.

I made a statement they have put enough class out to beat us.

So it's as I said in the other thread about CS, now he has the players, it's still a 442 with the same tactics, the same formation, the same everything.

Evolution?  Not a chance!

Harsh as it may sound, he's still caretaking imo.

Perfect opportunity to try something a little different and yet we get Amartey at RB, which doesn't work, Iborra in a central midfield 2 and pace to not burn at all up front.

Fantastic.

And you know at the weekend Simpson, King, Mahrez and Vardy will be back and nothing will have changed.

Archived