Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Match Thread - Liverpool (EFL Cup) - 19/09/2017

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

genuinely laughing we've gone in to HT drawing 0-0. 

Ridiculously shite performance from us so far. Game-plan clearly isn't working and it's equally clear Ulloa or Slimani (preferably the former) need to be binned. We're not even getting close to being in their half and stringing some passes together, let alone getting to the box and maybe carving out a decent chance to test their third-choice keeper. 

There was no game plan, this was about giving minutes to people who rarely play not about progressing. I don't think anyone at the club gives two shits about the cup.

This shit is as bad as anything we served up under Claudio. 8 men behind the ball all the time and not tried to play any kind of football. Absolutely appalling.

I was glad Shakespear got the job but seriously what formation and tactics are we playing. Can only see an 8-0-2 hoofball. We are the dullest team in the Prem right now. Even more than West Brom. 

2 minutes ago, PintsandPyro said:

Shakespeare really hasnt got a clue has he.

he's not a manager. Steadied the ship after Ranieri left and got us to 40 points by going back to basics. He's clueless now.

Writing was on the wall at that Spurs thrashing.

I'm not getting into manager in or out, but he must know he's under pressure, and surely we should be showing improvements, and signs of life, but again baffled by him, and his thinking.

That half was as shit as it gets, starting with selection.

No excuses second half, vast improvement needed

I am most shocked at how some professional footballers can have a real lack of 2 basics, passing and close control.

We do have a few players who are just not good enough.

Amartey is NOT a right back....how we messed up in another transfer window and not got back up is beyond me.

Slim and Ulloa should not ever partner each other

And what has Shakey/Appleton been doing in training all week as their is no attacking threat at all.

Some strange decisions again by Shakey if he doesn't change it at half time....we're in trouble if he thinks this is ok.

some of the players know they are only in as it's the cup.....and it shows.

Big problems in this squad and behind the scenes.....something just doesn't feel right. 

Just now, Babylon said:

There was no game plan, this was about giving minutes to people who rarely play not about progressing. I don't think anyone at the club gives two shits about the cup.

The first team isn't playing that much better too. Something has to change, I'm with those that suggest changing the 4-4-2.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I think you're right and what a sad state of affairs. 

4 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Well the good news is it's still 0-0.

The bad news is we might have to put up with extra time.

3 minutes ago, the fox said:

Anyone thinking that mahrez leaving is for the better needs his head checked!

Better for Mahrez.

Why CS hasnt changed it already is baffling. Words are not available to describe the ineptitude of that performance. Can we give players a negative rating out of 10, as none of them have done anything to warrant a score of 1 let alone zero.24% possesion at home is criminal.

Archived