Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Match Thread - Liverpool (EFL Cup) - 19/09/2017

1 minute ago, gazzaa2 said:

he's not a manager. Steadied the ship after Ranieri left and got us to 40 points by going back to basics. He's clueless now.

Writing was on the wall at that Spurs thrashing.

I would agree re the Spurs warning last season. That's was totally unacceptable under any circumstances 

Where on earth do you start.

Amartey is unconvincing at best in his actual position, let alone right back. His positioning isn't there.

The forward pairing are a waste of time. Slimani I think has at least tried to be a threat, Ulloa's just a waste of space. Get anyone, literally any attacking player on for him. Prefereably Okazaki as he will actually drop deep and help the midfield.

Ndidi dodgy again. Iborra hit and miss. Centre halves have been decent though so far.

I just cannot work out what Shakey's trying to achieve here. The entire set up is ridiculous. We're inviting trouble (which it's miraculous that we haven't conceded) and have literally no threat bar Gray on the break.

He's putting himself out of a job here. This reminds me of the latter days of Ranieri.

Just now, The Guvnor said:

Is it shakey or have we just got a bunch of average squad players , our recruitment has been feckin woeful. 

Almost none of our signings would get in the team that started the premier league winning season. That says all you need to know about the recruitment since then, fair enough it's an impossible job to replace Kante adequately.

1 minute ago, Merging Cultures said:

We are so lucky.

Absolute dross of the highest degree on show there. If we were 3-0 down you could not complain, reminiscent of when things were awful under Ranieri. Getting totally overrun in the middle of the park and nothing is sticking to the front man. Ulloa is literally a waste of a player up there. Iborra has been a big miss after making one nice pass early in the game.

I will say there have been a few slight positives that I am going to cling onto.

- Dragovic has actually been great, don't recall seeing him put a foot wrong.

- Ndidi has been our best player. Has given it away a few times and not gotten rid of it fast enough, but he has covered a lot of ground and got some vital interceptions in.

- Gray looks like a threat. Sure his end product after his breakaway run wasn't the best, but he's looked like the only player on our team with any real technical quality.

TBH, this is just a classic case of not picking the right personnel to do the job. With that front two we concede possession too easily and in truth it's been a training match for Liverpool. Thank Christ neither Mane or Salah is playing because it would all be over by now if they were.

I'd sacrifice Ulloa and put a more mobile player onto the field and beef up the middle of the park. 

2 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

WTF is going on with our team this is not Leicester city yea we sit back and wait for counter most games but jesus, our control and composure is shocking, ulloa shouldn't be anywhere near our team gave the ball away so much in fact everyone did positive of that half ermmm maybe the hamer save or getting a throw in, 

Owners must be thinking hmm maybe CS was a bad choice because our style of play has gone from prem league champions to fighting relegation to north conference football 

Shocking and dissapointed isn't even the word

We do now, we didn't used to.

What happened to us pressing and trying to win the ball back?

I can't see the game tonight but it sounds even worse than Saturday so I would assume we're still not doing that? 

1 minute ago, oxtonfox said:

This is going exactly as I thought only worse. 0-0 aside we are absolutely clueless. We're second everywhere and they are toying with us like a nimble matador against a drunken bull. Ffs shakey shake em up or leave.

It's more like a nimble bull against a drunken matador at the moment.

Archived