Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Post-Match Thread - Leicester 2-0 Liverpool (EFL Cup)

Guest CityFan 06

Okazaki changed the game. Second half, we were much better as a side with him on the pitch. Wonder goal from Slimani, he needed that and hopefully a great boost for his confidence. Slim worked very hard tonight despite a lack of service. 

1 minute ago, Buce said:

On the BBC comments:

19. Posted by LFCFreer on Just now

It's disgusting the match fixing that goes on in football these days. Anyone with at least 2 brain cells could see that Liverpool were dominating that game and deserved to win. However, the cheat club Leicester and the FA once again ruin another quality Liverpool performance. Football is a dead sport with stupid, deluded fans who can't spot these obvious atrocities that are being allowed to happen

pIC4VSw.jpg

Just now, Sharpe's Fox said:

When Shakey makes substitutes and we don't win people think he's shi t yet when he makes substitutions and it wins us the game he's still shi t the bloke can't win

Yep... pretty standard. Ulloa playing was horrific as everyone knew it would be, have a go for that selection but not the changes that won the game.

1 minute ago, Monsell1976 said:

Don't get this mentality, mahrez has been one of our better players.

Albrighton has been awful all season, but goes unnoticed, if gray comes in for anyone, for me it's Albrighton.

We can't play Gray, Mahrez and two strikers. Especially against Liverpool. He wasn't good tonight but Albrighton is needed from a defensive point of view. 

9 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

I don't think Slimani struggles to hold the ball, quite the contrary. The ball didn't even reach him before Okazaki came on, that is why Leicester was playing so poorly.

Slim really does struggle at time to hold the ball up because that's not his game and yes he did better when Okazaki came on (hense my sarcasm) 

the reason we played so badly was due to the fact we played two big men up front giving our midfield no options due to lack of movement and a Liverpool side shutting us down quickly in the middle of the park. We had no sort of outlet. 

It changed by mistake by Okazaki having to come on, 

Hilarious game and it's really cheered me up to be honest. Ok so we're not the prettiest side to watch but we can dig in when we have to. 

Okazaki changed the game. Thought Wes and Dragovic did well and Gray caused them loads of problems. Also thought it was a much improved performance from Wilf 

credit it to Slim for that obscene goal

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Thought Shinji was good when he came on. As a critic, I was pleasantly surprised at his impact. Still think we need an extra man in midfield to allow him to have that sort of impact for a prolong period. 

Don't rate him either, but fair play to him, he did well.

If your playing the reserves surely him and slim at the start made more sense, two different players

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You can't criticise him for the first half and then say he had nothing to do with the second. Most of the people on here seemed to want Nacho in the match thread for starters. 

Well, the sub wasnt his choice, 1st goal was a bit lucky, second goal was a worldy from Slim, and we didnt get much crossing in to him. Cant say Shakespeare has proved any points tonight can we?

Just now, Lcfcbisto said:

Slim really does struggle at time to hold the ball up because that's not his game and yes he did better when Okazaki came on (hense my sarcasm) 

the reason we played so badly was due to the fact we played two big men up front giving our midfield no options due to lack of movement and a Liverpool side shutting us down quickly in the middle of the park. We had no sort of outlet. 

It changed by mistake by Okazaki having to come on, 

Slim is quite mobile, although he doesn't have that much of technique. He can hold the ball, and link up most of the times. Today before Okazaki he wasn't doing neither mainly because the team had 25% possession or so, Liverpool was controlling the game, and Leicester was only hoofing the ball.

I know long posts are boring. Sorry. But here goes. Gray. Slated for his attitude. But it was faultless this evening. Morgan. The new scapegoat. He was Captain Fantastic again. So many blocks. Leads by  example. Iborra. Forget a couple of wayward passes. He's quality. I adore this guy already. Just get him match fit and let him lead our midfield to a better place. Change the shape to enable that. Us. Fans. FFS ! Match threads are always hard, but seriously? Some

of you should be banned. We're LCFC playing LIVERPOOL. Liverpool. Heard of them ? If you think that because of one miraculous season we are on a level field  with them, then you've been smoking your socks. But we still found the heart to beat them. Wow!! Just wow. Where have you been? This is superb. If you can't enjoy every second of an evening like tonight, you're probably not cut out for a lifetime of supporting a mid-sized team. We support the maddest, most insane, ridiculous team in the country. Smile. Rejoice. It's hilarious !!!! Most teams would give everything to be us. Don't let that pass you by. 

To be fair Shakey can't take too much credit for the first change. Who knows how much longer he'd have stuck with Leo if he hadn't been forced off? The decision to start with a Slim/ Leo front two was pretty questionable in the first place. Think he got a bit lucky tonight to be completely honest.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Yep... pretty standard. Ulloa playing was horrific as everyone knew it would be, have a go for that selection but not the changes that won the game.

I'm not slagging individuals off but neither should have been on that pitch together, that was a poor by the mansgermanager

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

We can't play Gray, Mahrez and two strikers. Especially against Liverpool. He wasn't good tonight but Albrighton is needed from a defensive point of view. 

Of course we can play Gray and Mahrez.  For one thing, Gray does track back. 

But besides that, this thing we have of insisting we only have "1 flair player" on the pitch is stupid. And people wonder why we're shit with the ball

Albrighton is who should be coming on second half, not Gray

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Albrighton isn't performing, if we can't play gray, I'd rather put chilwell there as a defensive option/ winger.

Dropping mahrez would be unwarranted and bad management, as the player knows he's playing better than most.

Just now, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Well, the sub wasnt his choice, 1st goal was a bit lucky, second goal was a worldy from Slim, and we didnt get much crossing in to him. Cant say Shakespeare has proved any points tonight can we?

He chose the player to come on ffs and you have no idea if that sub was 1 minute or 20 minutes from happening. We weren't going to go on much longer without changing.

If you are going to completely discount every win under him or any sub that works out or any decent performance, which most seem to with their selective stats, then yeah he's proved nothing. :rolleyes:

Moan about the original selection, but trying to take all credit off him second half is just more BS.

Result like that makes me think we're destined to win this cup this year :scarf:

But then again...

We'll end up drawing someone do-able at home - only to discover they've got it wrong and we're actually away at Spurs somehow lol

As for the game, well done lads, Drago looked decent - Slim's goal has finally shown a glimpse of what he could do if we could work out how to play him properly.

More importantly Shinji has to start every game now until we've properly worked out how to attack without his chaos lol

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You can't criticise him for the first half and then say he had nothing to do with the second. Most of the people on here seemed to want Nacho in the match thread for starters. 

The point being he didn't wilfully I'll make the substitution that turned the game. 

The Ulloa injury forced the change,up to that point his mind seemed to be a vacuum in terms of altering what was totally shocking.

3 minutes ago, Lcfcbisto said:

I'm not slagging individuals off but neither should have been on that pitch together, that was a poor by the mansgermanager

That's fine so long as you give credit for the second half. People can't lump all the blame on him and then absolve him of doing anything decent when things go well.

Archived