Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Post-Match Thread - Leicester 2-0 Liverpool (EFL Cup)

- We can also have luck.

- Drago got the job done

- Shinji MOTM.

- Brillant strike from that big bald guy.

- Iborra is a lovely nutjob.

- Shakey's line-up and tactics were awful. Thank god Ulloa got "injured" (lol) because else we'd never ever have won this game.

Oh and Gray was actually very god in the second half.

First half pedestrian, no actually worse than that. The introduction of Shinji with his endless energy was infectious ,and galvanised the whole team into a different level of effort. Who would have predicted that scoreline after the woeful first half , we can win this cup .

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Not a great performance. slimani didn't do anything other than score, Iborra, very poor. Okazaki is vital to how we play, we're a better team with him in the side.

I argree we can buy all these 30 mil strikers but for me if we play 2 up top okazaki has to be 1 of them

Well we will take that! 

First half total garbage. Big part of that down to the manager for me.. No outlet having slim and ulloa (who shouldn't be anyone near the squad) playing together.

Shinji turned the game linked up the play and was superb. Thought Gray played well tonight as did Chilwell and Dragovic..  big Wes was key especially in the first half.

All in all after the dross of the first half I can't quite believe we've won that! 

I'd go 4-3-3 on Saturday as I think the best form of defence will be attack against them.

Schmeichal

Simpson

Maguire

Morgan

Chilwell

Ndidi

Iborra

James

Gray 

Vardy

Mahrez

Everyone was quality 2nd half. 

Okazaki top drawer.

Slimani goal top draw and will hopefully shut the idiots up for a while, his goals/minutes ratio is one of the best we have if not the best at the club, and we play completely against his strengths. 

Dragovic looked very comfortable

Amartey grew into the game and started to look comfortable

Chilwell was okay, think he's overrated by us atm though

Ndidi was Ndidi, good 2nd half before being subbed. 

Hamer did not have to do much but didn't put a foot wrong really.

Iborra was terrible first half, but was very vocal and organised the midfield the best he could, 2nd half he bossed it. 

Shakey, pretty terrible performance really, half of the forum would have made those subs and it took him 60 minutes to even get us going, looks like he's on borrowed time and don't let a good 2nd half cover up a really shitty first half. 

Overall happiest for Slimani, play him to his strengths and he will bang goals for fun, he should be starting IMO, if we get Iborra some more game time I feel like we will control midfield more and allow the 2 strikers not to have to drop so deep constantly. 

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Not a great performance. slimani didn't do anything other than score, Iborra, very poor. Okazaki is vital to how we play, we're a better team with him in the side.

The team was playing jack before Ulloa came off. What you would expect him to do? The team had 27% possession... He couldn't do much.

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

What the hell... Okazaki interview lol

I don't think I've ever seen him interviewed before. That was special. It almost makes how he falls over make sense - he just runs out of words / footing. Absolute quality. I love this guy.  

Archived