Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Post-Match Thread - Leicester 2-0 Liverpool (EFL Cup)

2 minutes ago, Lcfcbisto said:

Yes I can he choose the side and that first half was a massive mistake by the manager, it took an injury in the second  half for him to Change it, plus it's a change 98% of fans would have made it wasn't genius 

Except that most people were asking for Nacho in the match thread. You have no idea if that sub was one minute away or thirty anyway.

Fact is, he made the right call and we drastically improved second half. It's just more agenda driven bollocks if people refuse to credit correct decisions.

24 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You can't criticise him for the first half and then say he had nothing to do with the second. Most of the people on here seemed to want Nacho in the match thread for starters. 

I beg to differ. His first half selection was patently poor. Everyone here could see it. Second half sub was due to an injury. Ok he chose Shinji over Nacho which turned out to be the right call.

1st half enough said. 

2nd half we had a go, what ever happened to ulloa from the free header god only knows :D

Blessing!

Not his biggest fan but shingi changed the game.

He did more in the 1st 30 seconds

than Leo did in 50 mins.

AWFUL.

Shinji gives us purpose. 

Amazing goal from slim.

Hopefully another Home fixture next round:scarf:

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Seriously? He was decent tonight. Didn't see many times where he wasted play. He was very positive and that early cross to Slimani near the end was inches off being a ridiculous goal. Much better and considering how shit Albrighton is right now, it's a no brainier he starts on saturday for me. He needs a run of games and the confidence that we have faith in him. He could be unreal.

He took the more difficult of the 2 passes that were on imo. I just don't think he's got a brain. He's quick, he's alright with the ball at his feet but it stops there. Every time I see him run head down into trouble I want to bash my skull in with a King Power pie

33 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

It's simple our shinjitsu was better than theirs lol Take a bow Okazaki ya beauty

Things I've learned today: 

- Slim can use his feet

- I love Iborra

- afro haircut doesn't help blocking shots

- never turn off the stream before the interviews (I missed Shinji's)

59c18c55393f8_images(24).jpg.e17dd3c4deccb7359442f7a3aa64842f.jpg

Just now, WigstonWanderer said:

I beg to differ. His first half selection was patently poor. Everyone here could see it. Second half sub was due to an injury. Ok he chose Shinji over Nacho which turned out to be the right call.

So you beg to differ but give him credit for making the right substitution. Why are you begging to differ if you are then giving credit which is all I asked for.

I criticised him for his selection and the first half and he'll get the credit for sorting it out second.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Except that most people were asking for Nacho in the match thread. You have no idea if that sub was one minute away or thirty anyway.

Fact is, he made the right call and we drastically improved second half. It's just more agenda driven bollocks if people refuse to credit correct decisions.

No I have NO agenda I have never slagged him off In this forum or any other.

i cannot applaud him for making an obvious change due to an injury. He shouldn't have started like that (bad management)  

and the fact he didn't notice and make the change earlier at half time is poor

Fingers crossed we can take a bit of confidence from that and the players see nothing but maximum effort is good enough. It was starting to feel like the start of last season again where too many weren't leaving it all out on the pitch. High tempo from the off and people don't like playing us!

First half was a disgrace and if he ever sets up like that again serious questions need asking.

Second half was far better though. Okazaki totally changed the shape of our side and the performance went with it.

Liverpool are laughably ineffective. Don't want to laugh at them TOO much because it'll only bite me on Saturday, but my god they're a weird side.

Credit to Chilwell tonight decent in defence against Ox

It was a bit scrappy but they didn't score Hamer had nothing too serious to deal with and Slim has feet as well as a head.

Saturday will be very different with a lot more quality on show.

Klopp does talk gibberish.

39 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Gray has to start instead of Mahrez on Saturday, but then Albrighton never looks as good on the right, which is strange. 

Okazaki performance almost certainly means him and Vardy up front. Liverpool are perfect for Okazaki, try and play the ball but often lose it. 

Yeah let's bench our most best performers and our main attacking threat since the pre-season and let the other (Albrighton who should and will start) who seemed to have nose dived for whatever reason on the basis of one game against Liverpool reserve.

On that I can agree.

Talk about a story of two halves.

First half we were so dire and clueless, had the scousers been clinical we would have found ourselves at least three goals down.

Then the Okazaki sub gave us momentum and i thought we played the best 20mins of football since the beginning of the season.

Archived