Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

The Iborra Thread

Very calm again and much more forward thinking passes today. Worry about his ability to last the course though as he does seem to fade badly in games and I'm still not sure he'll cut it in a 442 against someone not do shit. 

Interested to see him, Silva and N'didi get some game time together. 

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Very calm again and much more forward thinking passes today. Worry about his ability to last the course though as he does seem to fade badly in games and I'm still not sure he'll cut it in a 442 against someone not do shit. 

Interested to see him, Silva and N'didi get some game time together. 

He'll adjust physically. That's something you can work on. his game vision, calm and pass accuracy were badly needed. But you're right, it is imperative to switch to midfield three if we want to see the best of him.

By all accounts he showed his class and ran the show today. Had he not picked up the injury just before the Ar#e game we might have accumulated a few more points by now,as it is VI’s influence and contribution will be very important over the next few weeks.

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

I don't think he will change much though, he's 29 and a big unit so will be hard, he's at his peak now and maybe even past it, so I don't think we'll see much difference other than that he may start to read the English game a bit better as time goes on

Trust me, you still can up your physical condition at this age. He's 29, not 52.

I think the win today was mostly the Iborra effect. I didn't see him get dispossessed a single time, and saw only one incomplete pass. He's slow but he complements Ndidi, who is all over the field but can't complete a pass. The added calmness allowed Mahrez get forward and create chances. It's not Kante+Drinkwater, but it'll do for now. Really looking forward to seeing Silva in there too as a midfield three. 

Very impressive today. Brings a real Spanish flair of keeping the ball well and finding space. Looks very comfortable at times.

Looks massive. Must be on those protein shakes like Appleton.

He wont always check in with 5-star displays I'd say but hopefully he will establish himself as an enforcer. Big step up for us today so well done to the man.

For me that was an 8 out of 10 Iborra performance but showed exactly what we are missing. A few passes and the odd header went straight out of play or to the opposition and he himself showed frustration with it. 

It was rolls reversed. I've felt Ndidi has had to play the CDM and the spoiler when hes got a real counter attack threat. Iborra swaggered behind him today allowing ndidi a bit of freedom. Iborra linked up short play lovely and always showed for every ball. I dare say Pirlo esc (obviously not him) but played a similar link up style. Hopefully a sign of much more to come. 

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

Iborra Silva Ndidi

Potential formation change at that stage? 

What a shame we can't see that until January.

Backed up by a fit Matty James and a now fit Nampalys Mendy ( loaned out I know but I think it was the wrong decision) we would be potentially be talking about how good our midfield is.

17 minutes ago, Solihullfox said:

Backed up by a fit Matty James and a now fit Nampalys Mendy ( loaned out I know but I think it was the wrong decision) we would be potentially be talking about how good our midfield is.

I agree mate, Mendy will do us proud if given the chance.

47 minutes ago, Solihullfox said:

Nice have an option to buy mendy at the end of the season

we will only get him back if he has been pony 

Archived