Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

The Iborra Thread

5 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Thought he did ok in a team that played awful, I think the expectations need to be managed, he's not the only solution to our problems, the problem is bigger than Iborra.

judging by tonight he’s probably the biggest problem. he’s huge and shite. 

Will never fit in a two men midfield, he lacks the pace and work-rate needed to.

He used to play at his strengths at Sevilla, in front of the back-line in a 3 men midfield, you just can't ask him to switch from a position to another on such short notice and expect first class output 

I hope the people responsible for his signing were planning to replicate that same set-up with Silva/Drinkwater in the mix; otherwise our recruitment team will have some serious explanations to provide. 

8 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

judging by tonight he’s probably the biggest problem. he’s huge and shite. 

Shite is harsh, you can't achieve what he has and be shite, he's just a bloke who is a footballer, in a team that doesn't know how to play football.

He's used to being in a team that plays with a 3, and have the technical ability to pass a ball, and retain possession without panicking and hoofing it when they get it.

Just another player that has been recruited, but doesn't suit our current managers style.

We won't see the best of Iborra until we get an Attacking cm who can carry the ball.

Ndidi, King, Iborra, James etc all want to play the same role - sit back and play a simple pass and retain possession. Hence why our 2 man cm won't work with 2 defensive cm's with 0 creativity between them

6 hours ago, DelBoy73 said:

Will never fit in a two men midfield, he lacks the pace and work-rate needed to.

He used to play at his strengths at Sevilla, in front of the back-line in a 3 men midfield, you just can't ask him to switch from a position to another on such short notice and expect first class output 

I hope the people responsible for his signing were planning to replicate that same set-up with Silva/Drinkwater in the mix; otherwise our recruitment team will have some serious explanations to provide. 

Only an inept carthorse of a manager like Dough Ball would play him in a two with the available players we have at the moment. 

6 hours ago, steflcfc said:

We won't see the best of Iborra until we get an Attacking cm who can carry the ball.

Ndidi, King, Iborra, James etc all want to play the same role - sit back and play a simple pass and retain possession. Hence why our 2 man cm won't work with 2 defensive cm's with 0 creativity between them

Pretty much this, we have 4 central midfielders who aren't that attack minded.

Put any two from four in there and it just doesn't look good. 

We either need to start thinking outside the box and get a little radical with the selection/formation or accept we're going to be screwed until January at the earliest.

49 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

What, the fook, are we doing with our signings?

Selling Drinkwater and signing this geezer?

Its like the club want to get relegated!

We bought Iborra before we sold drinkwater, he was not our replacement. The club brought him in to add depth and a bit more quality.

He was ALWAYS in space, always giving an option for a pass.  He also moved the ball around better than most other players.  Yes he looked a little slow, yes he misplaced a couple of passes and I am in no way saying he was Pirlo but this forum is just a fvcking joke these days.  He showed promise.  The team were not very good but I don;t think he can take that much of the blame.  X

He was in space but not really in and around the West Brom box and I can't remember him playing anything other than quick balls sideways.  That's fine if you have creativity around him but we don't.

I just don't think King would have been any better or worse than that   

Guest TheBear
19 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

He was ALWAYS in space, always giving an option for a pass.  He also moved the ball around better than most other players.  Yes he looked a little slow, yes he misplaced a couple of passes and I am in no way saying he was Pirlo but this forum is just a fvcking joke these days.  He showed promise.  The team were not very good but I don;t think he can take that much of the blame.  X

Spot on pal, if we are expecting a bloke whose played in a 3 his whole career in Spain where the tempo is slower to run around like a dog on heat when that is not his game we are all going to be disappointed, the only way he will get up to speed is by playing games.  Anyone would have though he was worse than Junior Lewis on last nights performance, at the end of the day he was outnumbered against the most experienced midfielder in the league, an England International and a top European central midfielder, for a 1st start I think it was a promising performance, I think people seem to compare all of our new midfield signings to Kante these days!

He wasn't much of a step from King, yes he's probably not 100% match or team fit and needs a 3 man midfield to show his true worth but you could say plenty of that about King who I think plenty would accept would be better in a 3 man midfielld.

Archived