Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leicester City submit appeal to Fifa in bid to complete £25m Adrien Silva signing

1 hour ago, ultrafox said:

I can't help feeling that if this was a problem for Man U or Chelsea, it would have been sorted by now.

Said that earlier in the thread. Had it been any of the real big boys, I don't think the public would even have heard about it and the initial transfer would've gone through with the '14 seconds' nonsense being swept under the table. We don't have enough power as a small club.

Having said that, if they'd had a problem, I agree, they would have sorted it by now. This has been truly abysmal by the club, in every conceivable way. 

3 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

A situation that fits both interpretation would be that we have not "Appealed" (as such).... but we have forced the FA to sort it out with fifa.  This might be the case where we have started to suggest that the fa might be culpable  (and liable) and hense wth radio silence 

IN most situations it is those with the most channels and leverage of all sorts that tend to get what they want... kind of who you know and what you know about whom.  I can imagine that we don't have the network at the fa that some other clubs may have

One of the few things I've read that actually make sense of the silence from the club :thumbup:

4 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

A situation that fits both interpretation would be that we have not "Appealed" (as such).... but we have forced the FA to sort it out with fifa.  This might be the case where we have started to suggest that the fa might be culpable  (and liable) and hense wth radio silence 

IN most situations it is those with the most channels and leverage of all sorts that tend to get what they want... kind of who you know and what you know about whom.  I can imagine that we don't have the network at the fa that some other clubs may have

In this case I’m wondering that if the FA are culpable and that Leicester have the evidence implicating the FA with this complete embarrassing mess whether they have instructed their lawyers to approach the fa with certain demands to either back their appeal or face a law suit?

I’m just wondering if this is the case as we’ve really had no official announcement from the club regarding an appeal or anything to do with this mess ?

Also the fact that Adrien Silva was at the sporting match on Saturday saying his official goodbyes to the club and fans whether he has heard anything to do with his registration just now being a formality from FIFA and we will be hearing he is our man at last ??

We can only hope this mess is sorted soon and that the silence from all parties and the fact of Silvas sporting goodbyes can only be positive news ??

11 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Will an ITK please step forward and tell me he's going to be available for the West Brom game? 

Please?

not Sheppy.. I think it was him who got my hopes up ?

if he was confirmed today I see no way he would be ready for the next first team game as there is only one U23 game before then. I think he will need a couple of development squad fixtures to try and get up to speed plus the league cup game. wouldn't see him available for a first team match until 29/10 against everton. that would be my take if he is confirmed within the next seven days.

29 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

anyone can have influence as long as they have enough money:ph34r:

The FA aren't called the FA for nothing, they've got FA money until they pay off the cost of building Wembley.

27 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Perhaps not ALL our problems.. But his availability will most definitely help our pathetically weak midfield options! 

I agree but changing the formation would do that imo 3-5-2 and we could do that with the players we have now. 

All I want is for FIFA to announce their bloody decision... I don't care if it's a rejection, just want it sorted either way so he can start properly training with the squad without fear of offending the legal bods :(

23 minutes ago, davieG said:

The FA aren't called the FA for nothing, they've got FA money until they pay off the cost of building Wembley.

I’m sure their coffers aren’t as low as people think what with all the advertising revenues and other investments they have  so I’m sure they have more than a few quid to their name !!

1 minute ago, justfoxes said:

I’m sure their coffers aren’t as low as people think what with all the advertising revenues and other investments they have  so I’m sure they have more than a few quid to their name !!

Well there's a reason FA Cup semi-finals are played at Wembley and why the ST Georges Training Ground nearly didn't get finished. They have a lot of community/grassroots commitments.

2 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Just here for my daily pop in to see if the situation has evolved - no? Okay, as you were Rudders.

Nope not got pass the Dinosaur age yet.

57 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

I find it funny how people think this is the key to all our problems.

Even Chubb do have the key to our problems.

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

Well there's a reason FA Cup semi-finals are played at Wembley and why the ST Georges Training Ground nearly didn't get finished. They have a lot of community/grassroots commitments.

How much are Spurs paying them?

5 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Don't think he has a clue either. He asks Shakespeare constantly for an "update".

FFS forget Shakey he knows Sweet Fanny Adams -   Mores to the point - why doesn't Stringer ask Sheppyfox for an "update"?

Archived