Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Next up.. STOKE (A)..pre match thoughts..

12 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Early kickoff means it's while I'd normally be travelling back across to Syston for a guitar lesson... Any good boozers there to watch the game if I come across early?

Dog and Gun.

The Midland Railway - normally the most-popular.

Fox and Hound.

15 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Early kickoff means it's while I'd normally be travelling back across to Syston for a guitar lesson... Any good boozers there to watch the game if I come across early?

I'm sure the Midland Railway will have it on. Don't think the Dog and Gun shows matches.

9 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Same team please. Although won't be unhappy if Albrighton plays and Chillwell slots in at LB. 

Thought Fuchs was sloppy today 

This is the change I would make too. I also think that though Ben did decently we could be even more deadly with a more traditional winger in that position.

Stoke are a tough one to predict. They've generally been poor this season but have had some good results such as beating Arsenal at home and their win yesterday. But if we play the same formation we could cause them new problems that they won't be so familiar with.

Just a thought, but if we are to evolve into a passing team and play the way we did first half today, IMO at some point Amartey needs to come in for Simpson.

While Danny does an adequate job at right back, he stood out a mile when we tried to pass the ball around.

47 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Just a thought, but if we are to evolve into a passing team and play the way we did first half today, IMO at some point Amartey needs to come in for Simpson.

While Danny does an adequate job at right back, he stood out a mile when we tried to pass the ball around.

True, Simpson's a good defender but has the first touch of a pub footballer. Fuchs has been in poor form for a while and in the long term, Puel will play Chilwell and Amartey/or another as our fullbacks. 

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if in January we look for either a new left back or left footed left winger and then push Chilwell back, Fuchs is on his last legs as far as Premier League football is concerned

This was my thinking as well. Fuchs seems to be becoming more and more inconsistent, and today isn't the first time he's got away with being reckless inside the box. 

Luke Shaw looks like he's available in January, and may well be relatively cheap due to a lack of gametime and the falling out with Mourinho. If we're pushing Chilwell further up the pitch, I'd like to see us go in for him. 

3 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if in January we look for either a new left back or left footed left winger and then push Chilwell back, Fuchs is on his last legs as far as Premier League football is concerned

Idk re Fuchs, I don't like him playing wingback as some.on here suggest, but as a LB or CB, he could go a few more years. Tho perhaps not here, if Puel is going to is his fullbacks to bring the ball out on a regular basis.

5 hours ago, weller54 said:

Can we make it 4 wins on the bounce?.. 

This one will be very interesting. 

The team seems reborn.  3 wins on the trot and playing with attacking flair and freedom.  Stoke are always a hard team to breakdown, but we are back in the form of the title winning side.  We are going to be a team most won't want to play.  So yes we can win this one and move ourselves in the top 10.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Said after Swansea we had a good shot at 4 wins on the bounce. Stand by that. These are wank and we should be looking to win it.

Think we should be targeting 6 points the next 3 games. We can try to scrounge up a draw with Man City, but seems beyond unlikely. However, Stoke and West Ham are both winnable, considering we have superior talent. If we can manage that, is there a reason we cannot push for Europe? We have a deep team, and it is built to win now. Puel is known for his ability to get the best from young players, do we can hopefully expect a bump for Gray, Chilwell, Ndidi, and Iheanacho, as well as older players like Mahrez and Slimani who speak French. Still think we need to tighten up our defense a bit more, but this team has upside and should be targeting a top-5 finish ahead of Liverpool and Arsenal, both of whom I expect have some trouble with consistency before the season's out. 

This side today could easily have gone 3-5-2, perhaps we will take a look at that when Silva joins the team (or when James gets back healthy). Or even now, if we played Mahrez in the middle in front of the other MFs.

Wonder whether Puel has thoughts of training Gray to be a WB, he has the speed obviously, and he surprises me with his defensive grit at times. No doubt a silly thought, but Christ that wouldn't half solve a bunch of problems for us.

Archived