Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Tottenham (H) pre-match

3 hours ago, Mullet1 said:

We’ve just been referred to as “Midlands chavs” on their forum also. 

We have really upset them over the league win to the point they really do hate us nearly as much as Arsenal. 

I do fear a beating tonight though unfortunately 

Lol, not quite. Our rivalry with Woolwich dates back over a hundred years and is rooted in territory invasion and bribery led relegation. 

Fighting Cocker here in peace. 

From my point of view i think alot of the rivalry between our clubs has been generated by a number of tight games in the league and the cup since you've been promoted. And then during your title winning season; the medias narrative driven demonisation of us for daring to take on plucky little Leicester and attempting to prevent their fairy tale from coming true. Ultimately, of course, we fell well short. The momentum you guys had was too strong. Fair play. Less said about our display at Newcastle on the final day the better. 

Our win at the end of the last season was well celebrated dont get me wrong, but we have enough big rivalries to worry about already (6 derbies a year!) without picking up another one against a club over a hundred miles away. Thanks anyway. 

32 minutes ago, Mouse said:

Lol, not quite. Our rivalry with Woolwich dates back over a hundred years and is rooted in territory invasion and bribery led relegation. 

From my point of view i think alot of the rivalry between our clubs has been generated by a number of tight games in the league and the cup since you've been promoted. And then during your title winning season; the medias narrative driven demonisation of us for daring to take on plucky little Leicester and attempting to prevent their fairy tale from coming true. Ultimately, of course, we fell well short. The momentum you guys had was too strong. Fair play. Less said about our display at Newcastle on the final day the better. 

Our win at the end of the last season was well celebrated dont get me wrong, but we have enough big rivalries to worry about already (6 derbies a year!) without picking up another one against a club over a hundred miles away. Thanks anyway. 

Well said.

Personally never had anything against Spurs, Never been a team trying to kick other sides off the pitch..just the opposite always tried to play attractive football.

Tomorrows match looks to be between two teams who have been below par in the league recently. I hope this is the Spurs side that turns up ..not the one that beat Dortmand and Real Madrid.

Looks like Winks will not play...that would be a big plus for us.

1 hour ago, Mouse said:

Well you did smash us at our place last season 

we couldn’t get near you. 

I think both teams are due a handful of goals in one game soon..............so probably expect a 0-0 

24 minutes ago, Mullet1 said:

Well you did smash us at our place last season 

we couldn’t get near you. 

I think both teams are due a handful of goals in one game soon..............so probably expect a 0-0 

I think the scoreline flattered us. Think we were only 1-0 up at half time, t You got back into it and equalised in the second half and it was anyones game, but once we got a second and a third, you could tell that you took your foot off the gas. You were already safe and didn't need the points and it showed. 

Basically saying that im not expecting the same result tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, Mouse said:

You'll probably beat us tomorrow, regardless of your dip in form - We have been worse.

But as for the rivalry (and this is not aimed at you personally of course!) - The thing I don't get is that we were 5 points clear of you for most of the final quarter of the season... Then, during the last few games of the run-in - Which was without the suspended Vardy - we pulled away and finished 12 points clear.

I mean, I'd understand if it was similar to when Man City won it on the last day over United on goal difference, but no, we won it going away... So for me, I found it disappointing that Pochettino showed no humility or magnanimity towards us - Forgot which article it was but I remember reading him saying that he'd never congratulate us for winning the league.. Seems a very cold blooded sod towards us, as talented as he is. No doubt he's influenced some of the fans so I do take the consideration that goes with that, rather than blanketing you all.

That being said, you guys have obviously been the far more consistent side since the title win and have always been there or there abouts under Poch. No doubt you'll deserve the win if we play like we did on Friday.

11 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

You'll probably beat us tomorrow, regardless of your dip in form - We have been worse.

But as for the rivalry (and this is not aimed at you personally of course!) - The thing I don't get is that we were 5 points clear of you for most of the final quarter of the season... Then, during the last few games of the run-in - Which was without the suspended Vardy - we pulled away and finished 12 points clear.

I mean, I'd understand if it was similar to when Man City won it on the last day over United on goal difference, but no, we won it going away... So for me, I found it disappointing that Pochettino showed no humility or magnanimity towards us - Forgot which article it was but I remember reading him saying that he'd never congratulate us for winning the league.. Seems a very cold blooded sod towards us, as talented as he is. No doubt he's influenced some of the fans so I do take the consideration that goes with that, rather than blanketing you all.

That being said, you guys have obviously been the far more consistent side since the title win and have always been there or there abouts under Poch. No doubt you'll deserve the win if we play like we did on Friday.

We won the league by 10 points (clear of The Arse)..

11 ahead of The Spuds! 

This feels like a game between two 'work in progress' clubs.

Both that have good quality individuals and strong potential to do better, but are quite inconsistent to be serious enough to compete against the top regularly.

I don’t mind Spurs and over the years they have played some pretty good football but like most teams, they have a few ***** on their fans forums who dished out some abuse to us because we pi$$ed on their best chance to win the title for 400 years.  That’s the extent of any rivalry.

My postman down here in SE London is a Spurs fan. He's getting a specially laid on train back down to London about 10:30pm. No such luck for me the last official train leaves just before 10pm so I'm having to drive the round trip (I never leave a match early).

After West Ham, last week I am bit worried about how we are going to play. Hoping that was a miserable blip and we show our potential in this game.

3 hours ago, Mouse said:

Nice try, but you are obviously not a Fighting Cocker.  More like a reasonable human being.  Probably not even foaming at the mouth as you typed that.

6 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

I'm going to find out a lot about how committed I am to my season ticket this year...

The way we're playing at the moment, i have absolutely no desire to drive 100 odd miles up the M1 from London, and then back, to watch us play the way we played against West Ham... 

It'll be a last minute decision whether I go or not - I've never seen us beat Spurs so maybe I should stay at home... 

You cant have been a fan  long or not go many matches

6 hours ago, Mouse said:

Not too peaceful though eh?. 

This was the away day of the season for me last year.

After a number of frustrating results against them and their fans getting way too ahead of themselves, singing - "You've got your Leicester back"

Also - chucking that "Shit Jamie Vardy" chant back at them after Kane scored his first, second, third and fourth.

Beautifu

36 minutes ago, the fox said:

pls pls pls pls, anything but a dele alli goal.......................................pllllllllllllllssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

What ?? You're not looking forward to seeing that school girl goal celebration with his bestest friend, Son ??

Archived