Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Tottenham (H) pre-match

15 hours ago, Foxaholic ME said:

You cant have been a fan  long or not go many matches

Been an STH for about 15 years. Not long for a lot of people on here but its about 75% of my life. It's expensive going to football from London. Leaving work early, getting back late, £60 train, food, the rest of it. 

16 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Been an STH for about 15 years. Not long for a lot of people on here but its about 75% of my life. It's expensive going to football from London. Leaving work early, getting back late, £60 train, food, the rest of it. 

Good lad..

32 minutes ago, Mouse said:

No sour grapes, as i said, ultimately we weren't good enough, but basically the whole country wanted us to **** it up.   

I understand why that impression was there but I don't think the whole country really cared that much. The casual observer wanted drama and interest. The Keegan Newcastle side and their near-miss are spoken of as much as most Champions of the PL era because it was a dramatic story. 

33 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

I can't imagine what it's like for you trying to do midweek games from London. Coming from Birmingham alone, last season midweek games eventually became a pain.  I can get to games in the car but if I finish at 5, it's a huge rush where one traffic incident stops it. Sometimes I stay at my parents overnight but to be at work for 8.30 means leaving out as early as 6 to be totally sure. Train options are risky - tonight I'll be getting the last possible train and I have a very small change time to get the connecting train. 

After doing all the CL home games, I couldn't abuse the annual leave and favours for early finishes/late starts anymore. I gave the likes of Liverpool and Spurs last season a miss at the end of last season. This was followed by missing West Brom this season as well. 

These examples make it madness over the new 7.45 Saturday games. 

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I understand why that impression was there but I don't think the whole country really cared that much. The casual observer wanted drama and interest. The Keegan Newcastle side and their near-miss are spoken of as much as most Champions of the PL era because it was a dramatic story. 

Well outside looking in it certainly didn't feel like that. The narrative of the "underdogs winning the big game" was too strong for the media not to bandwagon. It's certainly a more exciting and relatable story than "Chelsea spend 2 billion pound to win the league again... but next year the players will throw a tantrum and they'll be shit". 

It also gave everyone who didnt support one of the top 6 clubs hope that the top prizes are attainable without being bankrolled (to a degree), that if Leicester can do it then why cant we? It changed the perception of the PL, at least for a short period of time. 

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I can't imagine what it's like for you trying to do midweek games from London. Coming from Birmingham alone, last season midweek games eventually became a pain.  I can get to games in the car but if I finish at 5, it's a huge rush where one traffic incident stops it. Sometimes I stay at my parents overnight but to be at work for 8.30 means leaving out as early as 6 to be totally sure. Train options are risky - tonight I'll be getting the last possible train and I have a very small change time to get the connecting train. 

After doing all the CL home games, I couldn't abuse the annual leave and favours for early finishes/late starts anymore. I gave the likes of Liverpool and Spurs last season a miss at the end of last season. This was followed by missing West Brom this season as well. 

These examples make it madness over the new 7.45 Saturday games. 

Well as I'm a 21 year old grad, I have very little leverage in terms of leaving early to make it. I could leave at 5, but then I've got to get a super expensive train... so I either save £40 and drive/get an early train and risk my reputation in my job being tarnished... or cough up the extra money and try to keep all parties happy!

They better win tonight ...   otherwise I will have frozen my balls off for nothing ...  :).       A real test of CP's tactical/motivational mettle and I really hope our players have learnt something from the previous match and play as a team.   As long as we don't lose and play well I won't be too disappointed.    A win would be a bonus.   :scarf:

12 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

The shit people chat using a keyboard.....

I love the bitterness, I read it and laugh.Just imagine them sobbing while they type.

As I said in another thread I've got loads of Spurs mates where I live and they are nearly all quality lads.

Few STH, I show them these snippets sometimes and they just go "FFS get a grip"

Can't see us getting a result against these any time soon tbh. 

The vitriol and bitterness from our PL winning season will live on in the minds of their players and fans for a long time and they will always be up for giving us a pasting to ease the pain. 

We're still adapting to Puel's more possession-based game and whilst we have moments of creativity and attack it's not sustained enough to do any proper damage and we can't defend once we're ahead. 

1-3 Spurs tonight I'm afraid.

2 hours ago, Mouse said:

Ahh well a man is entitled to crow in his own nest. Tell me you wouldnt have thrown that chant back at us if the roles had been reversed? 

One of the reasons it was such a good game was because of the decent banter between the fans early on... great noise from both.... obviously the result made it even better for us. 

But we've won the PL title and you haven't. Suck on that.

2 hours ago, Mouse said:

Well outside looking in it certainly didn't feel like that. The narrative of the "underdogs winning the big game" was too strong for the media not to bandwagon. It's certainly a more exciting and relatable story than "Chelsea spend 2 billion pound to win the league again... but next year the players will throw a tantrum and they'll be shit". 

It also gave everyone who didnt support one of the top 6 clubs hope that the top prizes are attainable without being bankrolled (to a degree), that if Leicester can do it then why cant we? It changed the perception of the PL, at least for a short period of time. 

Spot on, for me. Lets face it, from the perspective of most fans I know, if you aren’t one of the big 6, you would like to be! Media darlings. Top drawer signings. Massive profile. Challenging for titles and cups. Regular European football. Never fearing possible relegation. Who wouldn’t want that? To the best of my knowledge, even our own DoF was given a watching brief on Tottenham when we were promoted! And for one glorious period every middle sized club in the land had new hope following out title win. That is, until most of the big six came back and spent obscene amounts of money to ensure it never happens again. ??. Apart from Arsenal - they just seem to have forgotten thei PIN !!! It was wonderful whilst it lasted, for the masses. 

Archived