Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Tottenham (H) pre-match

4-4-2

----------- Kasp

Simmo Wes Mags Fuchs

Gray N'didi Iborra Chilly/Mark

------- Mahrez Vards

You've got to be compact and well drilled against these whilst still having the confidence to attack and the quality to take your chances. They create problems for themselves when frustrated.

Going off last night's performance it'll be an apathetic 0-2 with a ref decision or something where we all go 'ow what if?' - Oh yeah that was last week. Hopefully we can string some passes together anyway; in their half with our attacking players :thumbup: Some shots on target would be nice too.

Only real interesting points would be Harry v Harry and if we can be a**ed to play football this time, please not this pass around defence, pass back to Kasper who knocks it out for a throw-in, defend, defend, win the ball, pass around midfield, pass back to Kasper, kick out for throw in, defend ect.

Which way will their current mini dip in form affect them? I'm not sure they'll lack confidence.

3 games ago, I wouldn't have given us a prayer to be honest but they seem to be slightly struggling themselves.

Unfortunately, a good start and a goal doesn't seem to translate into us bossing matches so it may well be backs to the wall. A counter attacking 1-0 victory would be lovely. 

On a side note, can we water the touchlines profusely at the KP so Kasper's kicks stick in play on the odd occasions he doesn't kick it directly into the stands.

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

But Kane will be playing ?

and two goals away from home isn't toothless in any case ??

I mean in general.

He looks more of a threat than Alli and others.

Honestly feel he's one of the PL history's greatest forwards, and he's only 24.

He's advised to leave Spurs if he wants to win anything as, of course, they're known for bottling it at crucial periods..

3/4-0 Spurs.

Kane (if he's playing) is bound to score a couple & I'm sure Son Heung-min will get one...he always seems to play well against us.  If Spurs were to ever let him go I'd happily take him here! 

17 hours ago, Gazza M said:

I would change personnel a bit after that last night. 4-1-3-2. Let's keep it possession based as Puel is working towards. I see our threat being Gray and allowing him to drift behind the front two and making late runs in the box. Let's have Vardy and Iheanacho running the channels and making those Spurs fullbacks doing more defending than going forward. Our wide try threat should be Chilwell and Simpson getting forward on ocassion and Iborra can sit and help the two CB if we get caught with the full backs up field. Mahrez can sulk in the stands for me. 

Kasper

Simpson

Dragovic

Maguire

Chilwell

Iborra

King

Ndidi

Gray

Vardy

Iheanacho

Subs: Hamer, Morgan, Amartey, Albrighton, Fuchs, Okazaki, Slimani

Wind up surely? I've highlighted the evidence.

I'm going to say it, I genuinely don't remember seeing so many rogue shouts packed into one post lol

King and Gray in a midfield 3? Jesus Christ.

3 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Wind up surely? I've highlighted the evidence.

I'm going to say it, I genuinely don't remember seeing so many rogue shouts packed into one post lol

King and Gray in a midfield 3? Jesus Christ.

Everyone has an opinion. If you look again Iborra is also behind sitting as protection. Simpson has been encouraged forward and if he wants to stay in this team he must do it. I have news for you my friend....there is a theory that we play 4-4-1-1 and like to hit teams on the counter. Actually not a theory, a fact that anyone with slight interest in football knows, never mind potential opposition!!!! This squad has reached the end hence Captain Morgan, Fuchs and  Mahrez need to be planning a future elsewhere in my view. Mahrez for all his brilliance is now casting a shadow over the squad.

9 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Glad I'm not going to this one. Freezing cold, ridiculous traffic and dog turd football served up. There's only so many times you can watch Harry kane score against us. 

Of course we want better... but we're fans ....  you'll be sorry you missed it when we win 3;2 in 93rd minute.... sweet

I hope that the last result against Spurs motivates our players! Prior to the 1-6 mauling we usually had very tight affairs between the teams. I predict Puel will set us up a bit like we did versus Man City with a cautious approach. I don’t know if that’s the right approach but it’s what I think we’ll see. I don’t think we will be as overrun this time round but they are a much better possession team than we are. 

Surely we are due a result against a top 6 team after coming so agonisingly close versus Arsenal and Liverpool!? So I’m going for an entertaining 2-2 draw, probably with us looking good in patches and conceding a sloppy goal on the stroke of half time, which seems to have been the common theme recently. 

Archived