Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

Ulloa - To Brighton on loan (Page 8)

Message added by davieG

https://www.lcfc.com/news/604904/leonardo-ulloa-joins-brighton-and-hove-albion-on-loan/press-release

Leonardo Ulloa Joins Brighton And Hove Albion On Loan

Leicester City striker Leonardo Ulloa has joined Premier League side Brighton and Hove Albion in a loan deal until the end of the 2017/18 season.

53 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Sell em both.

Get forwards in that can play in a front three like Sturbridge Zaha Ben Arfa.

Ha! Replacing 1 arguably lazy striker with another arguably lazy striker...I like it :unsure:

Edited by Matt

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Sell em both.

Get forwards in that can play in a front three like Sturbridge Zaha Ben Arfa.

Agreed with this bit. Puel clearly wants to play one up, so there is no need for the 5/6 strikers we have.

Ulloa specifically can do one for his strop last January about wanting to play only to then sign a new contract and make the bench at best.

35 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Agreed with this bit. Puel clearly wants to play one up, so there is no need for the 5/6 strikers we have.

Ulloa specifically can do one for his strop last January about wanting to play only to then sign a new contract and make the bench at best.

I would not judge our style atm to be what Puel wants. He's using what he has atm. Even this window wont change much. Wait till next season then we shall see and know what Puel wants.

• Like 1

On 19/12/2017 at 06:58, seanfox778 said:

Remember when he cut in on his right foot against Arsenal in 14/15? I thought that was a sure fire goal! Whatever happens we will have some fond memories of Ulloa. No one can deny that. 

He's also out most reliable penalty taker. Shame he's useless other than that now. The bottle he showed for that West Ham pen was quite remarkable, the whole world was watching, down to 10 men in a tense heated title race match.

Will have fond  memories of this guy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ulloa's goals were crucial in the great escape season.  He scored 13, while no one else scored more than five.  And he played an important role as sub in the title winning season without complaining.  I don't think he's good enough for the Prem now, but I thihk he could still do a job at a decent Championship side.  I'd definitely be open to offers for him in January

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/09/do-report-aston-villa-enquire-about-leonardo-ulloa-striker-wants/

Leonardo Ulloa has been linked with Championship duo Aston Villa and Sheffield United and an exit from Leicester City may be on the cards in January.

Reports linking Aston Villa with a move for Leicester City striker Leonardo Ulloa have dried up a little of late.

The Mail (live blog, 3.15pm) stated in late December that both Aston Villa and Sheffield United were interested in signing the Argentine striker on loan for the rest of the season. But, since then, the striker’s name has been strangely absent from the gossip columns.

However the Birmingham Mail now provides an update on the former Brighton target man’s potential move to Villa Park. The report claims that Steve Bruce’s side have indeed made an enquiry about Ulloa, as they believe he could give them an added edge in attack.

Keinan Davis, Scott Hogan and Gabriel Agbonlahor, the strikers’ Villa were forced to rely on in the absence of Jonathan Kodjia, netted just four league goals between them in 2017. So it does not take long to work out why Bruce wants to sign a player who scored a goal every other game on average during two years in the Championship with Brighton.

And it is understood that Ulloa, who was blocked from leaving Leicester in the last two transfer windows, is again keen to leave the King Power Stadium. The 31-year-old has played just 19 minutes of Premier League football this seasonAnd with Sheffield United looking increasingly likely to sign James Wilson on loan from Manchester United in the coming days, according to The Mail, time will tell whether this leaves Villa open to step up their pursuit of Ulloa.

1 hour ago, lcfcnsk said:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/09/do-report-aston-villa-enquire-about-leonardo-ulloa-striker-wants/

Leonardo Ulloa has been linked with Championship duo Aston Villa and Sheffield United and an exit from Leicester City may be on the cards in January.

Reports linking Aston Villa with a move for Leicester City striker Leonardo Ulloa have dried up a little of late.

The Mail (live blog, 3.15pm) stated in late December that both Aston Villa and Sheffield United were interested in signing the Argentine striker on loan for the rest of the season. But, since then, the striker’s name has been strangely absent from the gossip columns.

However the Birmingham Mail now provides an update on the former Brighton target man’s potential move to Villa Park. The report claims that Steve Bruce’s side have indeed made an enquiry about Ulloa, as they believe he could give them an added edge in attack.

Keinan Davis, Scott Hogan and Gabriel Agbonlahor, the strikers’ Villa were forced to rely on in the absence of Jonathan Kodjia, netted just four league goals between them in 2017. So it does not take long to work out why Bruce wants to sign a player who scored a goal every other game on average during two years in the Championship with Brighton.

And it is understood that Ulloa, who was blocked from leaving Leicester in the last two transfer windows, is again keen to leave the King Power Stadium. The 31-year-old has played just 19 minutes of Premier League football this seasonAnd with Sheffield United looking increasingly likely to sign James Wilson on loan from Manchester United in the coming days, according to The Mail, time will tell whether this leaves Villa open to step up their pursuit of Ulloa.

Good, seeya. Close the door behind you.

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

Ulloa deserves a bit more love & respect than he gets on this forum tbh.

Far too big a deal is made about his 'I'll never play' thing - he was told he'd play by Ranieri, not played and then had a move blocked - he had every right to be angry.

The guy just wanted time on the football pitch - any football pitch and we stopped him from going to then keep putting him on the bench, if that. 

I agree that his time here is up but he was a big part of keeping us in the PL and for the most part he's been patient and waited his turn without making a fuss.

Some people love to vilify players for no reason though and unfortunately for Leo it seems to be him. 

He'll go to a Championship side and do well - and I for one will wish him all the best.  

100% this. He was denied a move which was promised him and was rightly upset. We've all lost our heads in the moment, said things we regret, but maybe not had it published nationally. He's been a good guy for us and i wish him well too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Ulloa deserves a bit more love & respect than he gets on this forum tbh.

Far too big a deal is made about his 'I'll never play' thing - he was told he'd play by Ranieri, not played and then had a move blocked - he had every right to be angry.

The guy just wanted time on the football pitch - any football pitch and we stopped him from going to then keep putting him on the bench, if that. 

I agree that his time here is up but he was a big part of keeping us in the PL and for the most part he's been patient and waited his turn without making a fuss.

Some people love to vilify players for no reason though and unfortunately for Leo it seems to be him. 

He'll go to a Championship side and do well - and I for one will wish him all the best.  

Don't agree with this at all. It had nothing to do with wanting to actually play football. If it did, why on earth would he sign a new 5 year contract knowing full well that he's nowhere near the first team. He didn't exactly get a lot of game time in the title winning season either, he has been more than happy to sit on the bench doing feck all and picking up his over-indulgent wages each week - he signed up for the same for the next 5 years. Screams money grabber to me.

Regardless of what differences he had with Ranieri, kicking toys out the pram and saying you will never wear the shirt again is disrespectful to the club, the owners and the fans. I don't have time for that attitude. If your signing up to sit on the bench and collect your wages, don't have the sheer audacity to complain about it, if you want to play football, go back to the championship. Does he really think he's going to get game time ahead of Vards?

• Like 2

perhaps he signed up for that contract extension because we denied him a move to another club and he was left with no other options at that time.

he has a family and himself to look after - I doubt after we blocked a move his ideal choice would be to say 'no thanks' to a new contract with us and just go sit at home not getting paid by anyone. 

this faux outrage at his 'disrespect' is nonsense. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Don't agree with this at all. It had nothing to do with wanting to actually play football. If it did, why on earth would he sign a new 5 year contract knowing full well that he's nowhere near the first team. He didn't exactly get a lot of game time in the title winning season either, he has been more than happy to sit on the bench doing feck all and picking up his over-indulgent wages each week - he signed up for the same for the next 5 years. Screams money grabber to me.

Regardless of what differences he had with Ranieri, kicking toys out the pram and saying you will never wear the shirt again is disrespectful to the club, the owners and the fans. I don't have time for that attitude. If your signing up to sit on the bench and collect your wages, don't have the sheer audacity to complain about it, if you want to play football, go back to the championship. Does he really think he's going to get game time ahead of Vards?

Ulloa has been proved right as most of us suspected he would be.

We could have got £9m for him and got him off the wage bill. Instead he's sat here, barely played, collecting a wage whilst his value plummets.

As for him signing a new contract it was beneficial to both parties. We still had a big striker if Slimani was sold last summer and we can still get a fee for him either this window or the next. Ulloa gets some financial security after being messed about and the club stopping him playing football by refusing to play him or sell him.

33 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

perhaps he signed up for that contract extension because we denied him a move to another club and he was left with no other options at that time.

he has a family and himself to look after - I doubt after we blocked a move his ideal choice would be to say 'no thanks' to a new contract with us and just go sit at home not getting paid by anyone. 

this faux outrage at his 'disrespect' is nonsense. 

In the real world you do as your employer tells you. I've been promised lots of things at work, they don't always happen. Why should football be any different? Do as your boss says and put up or shut up. 

7 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

In the real world you do as your employer tells you. I've been promised lots of things at work, they don't always happen. Why should football be any different? Do as your boss says and put up or shut up. 

In the past if my directors have promised me something and then not delivered on it (if I've done what's been asked of me) then I've moved jobs tbh.

Not everyone is a little meek 'I only do what I'm told - yes sir, no sir' kind of person. 

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

It was absolutely about money and not about game time, his agent virtually let slip as much when he was flapping his mouth.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

In the past if my directors have promised me something and then not delivered on it (if I've done what's been asked of me) then I've moved jobs tbh.

Not everyone is a little meek 'I only do what I'm told - yes sir, no sir' kind of person. 

All very well in a private company, not so much for a government department. Not sure why you feel the need to insult me personally? 

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

All very well in a private company, not so much for a government department. Not sure why you feel the need to insult me personally? 

I've not insulted you at all lol. Unless you consider yourself to be a meek 'yes sir, no sir' kind of person? Do you just shut up and put up? 

Also why are you now talking about Government Dept? Ulloa doesn't work in a Government Dept. either? 

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

I've not insulted you at all lol. Unless you consider yourself to be a meek 'yes sir, no sir' kind of person? Do you just shut up and put up? 

Also why are you now talking about Government Dept? Ulloa doesn't work in a Government Dept. either? 

No, but I do. You were referring to your own job, as now am I.