Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

Ulloa - To Brighton on loan (Page 8)

Message added by davieG

https://www.lcfc.com/news/604904/leonardo-ulloa-joins-brighton-and-hove-albion-on-loan/press-release

Leonardo Ulloa Joins Brighton And Hove Albion On Loan

Leicester City striker Leonardo Ulloa has joined Premier League side Brighton and Hove Albion in a loan deal until the end of the 2017/18 season.

15 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Will we ever see him play a gay?

You reckon he could launch an acting career playing homosexual men? :blink:

Actually, I could see him playing a gay barman at the Queen Vic in Eastenders. He's quite a striking looking chap, after all.

Oh! I see....autocorrect for "again"! :whistle:

1 minute ago, Alf Bentley said:

You reckon he could launch an acting career playing homosexual men? :blink:

Actually, I could see him playing a gay barman at the Queen Vic in Eastenders. He's quite a striking looking chap, after all.

Oh! I see....autocorrect for "again"! :whistle:

When he refused to pay he originally tweeted something like "I will never play a gay" lol still tickles me.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

In the past if my directors have promised me something and then not delivered on it (if I've done what's been asked of me) then I've moved jobs tbh.

Not everyone is a little meek 'I only do what I'm told - yes sir, no sir' kind of person. 

The club hold his playing registration and a fixed term contract so he doesn't have any option if they don't want to sell ..... Unlike most of us that aren't on fixed term contracts or have our professional registration held by our employers.

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

In the real world you do as your employer tells you. I've been promised lots of things at work, they don't always happen. Why should football be any different? Do as your boss says and put up or shut up. 

I s h outed loud, when my bosses didnt deliver, I didnt palm my hands, toff my hat, and grovel with yes, no sir reactions.

Other employers out there are  willing..its called projecting, protecting, advancing   your own cause, its not arrogant, but

Exactly what your immediate and big bosses do for themselves as well...

So dont crow your own  false bravado, and be a wimp when others decide to want to grasp their own career paths.

In fact other posters   who think like wise, are downright fking showing bare faced cheek...

Ulloa was right..he is part of our legendary status, his star just  didnt shine so bright...

I could never wish ill will of such a good profi player. I hope he does leave, so he can get decent game time,

Lower Pl, Championship, or in another Part of the world.  Ulloa smile and reaction in top moments,

were a pleasure to see....He never  played the diva, just honestly described his disappointment ...

Well done lad....Your star might not of shone that bright, but Its your damn right to try and keep it twinkling!!!

Wimps, worry me...diplomatically accepting ones lot, or willing to show your head above the pulpit, then

deciding Only then what, is in 'your' best interest..Go/stay .is the real life.

I have played through all those emotions and descisions....it aint easy, it is humbling, frustrating, awarding,

again its the game of life...Sitting on it and hoping for others contributions.....creates a blame culture..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I s h outed loud, when my bosses didnt deliver, I didnt palm my hands, toff my hat, and grovel with yes, no sir reactions.

Other employers out there are  willing..its called projecting, protecting, advancing   your own cause, its not arrogant, but

Exactly what your immediate and big bosses do for themselves as well...

So dont crow your own  false bravado, and be a wimp when others decide to want to grasp their own career paths.

In fact othrr po s tdr who think like wise, are downright fking showing bare faced cheek...

Ulloa was right..he is part of our legendary status, his star ju s t didnt shine so bright...

I could never wish ill will of such a good profi player. I hope he does leave, so he can get decent game time,

Lower Pl, Championship, or in another Part of the world.  Ulloa smile and reaction in top moments,

were a pleasure to see....He never  played the diva, just honestly described his disappointment ...

Well done lad....Your star might not of shone thst bright, but Its your damn right to try and keep it twinkling!!!

Wimps, worry me...diplomatically accepting ones lot, or willing to show your head above the pulpit, then

deciding Only then what, is in 'your' best interest..Go/stay .is the real life.

I have played through all those emotions and descisions....it aint easy, it is humbling, frustrating, awarding,

again its the game of life...Sitting on it and hoping for others contributions.....creates a blame culture..

It depends what kind of work you do. Clearly. I work in a Government department, I express my dissatisfaction at decisions all the time, but in the end you have to get on with it, otherwise your out. Private sector might be different. For people who live a fanciful life where they can walk out of a job without a care in the world, fair enough. Unfortunately I have responsibilities. 

Also, there's a difference between my job and being paid £50k per weak to kick a ball about and warm a bench. Like Babs said, it was clearly about the money with Ulloa and so he can go and **** himself. 

Also, just so we are clear, I've never rated Ulloa as a footballer, especially as a premium league footballer, so I couldn't give a monkeys if he goes. It's about having the best players and the best team. 

Strange that on here people want to keep Ulloa but are happy to flog McGuire and Mahrez. 

Edited by SecretPro

15 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

It depends what kind of work you do. Clearly. I work in a Government department, I express my dissatisfaction at decisions all the time, but in the end you have to get on with it, otherwise your out. Private sector might be different. For people who live a fanciful life where they can walk out of a job without a care in the world, fair enough. Unfortunately I have responsibilities. 

Also, there's a difference between my job and being paid £50k per weak to kick a ball about and warm a bench. Like Babs said, it was clearly about the money with Ulloa and so he can go and **** himself. 

Also, just so we are clear, I've never rated Ulloa as a footballer, especially as a premium league footballer, so I couldn't give a monkeys if he goes. It's about having the best players and the best team. 

Strange that on here people want to keep Ulloa but are happy to flog McGuire and Mahrez. 

Comparing what you or I do for a job to the Ulloa situation isn't realistic at all, whatever way we look at it. None of us know the clear cut details tbf. 

I don't particularly rate Ulloa but I respect his contribution to our club which undeniably helped keep us in the PL. 

I also agree that we need the best players and the best team to proceed but I personally think your outrage and hatred towards Ulloa is misplaced and misguided.

His words were taken out of context in the heat of the moment and he's been unfairly lambasted for it. 

I too am blown away that people want to shift Maguire already and can't accept that Mahrez is always going to be a bit of miss and a bit of magic - again, no reason for him to go if he doesn't want to.

Nothing personal against you mate - I just think you're wrong about Ulloa's 'never play again' scenario. We agree on most other things by the looks of it.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Don't agree with this at all. It had nothing to do with wanting to actually play football. If it did, why on earth would he sign a new 5 year contract knowing full well that he's nowhere near the first team. He didn't exactly get a lot of game time in the title winning season either, he has been more than happy to sit on the bench doing feck all and picking up his over-indulgent wages each week - he signed up for the same for the next 5 years. Screams money grabber to me.

Regardless of what differences he had with Ranieri, kicking toys out the pram and saying you will never wear the shirt again is disrespectful to the club, the owners and the fans. I don't have time for that attitude. If your signing up to sit on the bench and collect your wages, don't have the sheer audacity to complain about it, if you want to play football, go back to the championship. Does he really think he's going to get game time ahead of Vards?

A 5 year deal? PARDON

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

Never known any single or married person not to have responsibilities, no matter if its govt or in the open market.

I used my peak working years to justle into , around and through 3 varying carrer platforms.....

Engineering, Gastronomy and IT system networks. No university behind me. 

Our lives out of TV/filmTheater  or sport, take on the more uncomfortable responsibilties in life.

Usually sportspeople come from our background of life, they have found a unique talent, which they can

Use proffesionally....So it is about money, but so Primarily  is your/my   working life..

We all singularly start out believing we will develope,our private and working potentials so we can sell ourselves.

Money stays the priority, but not the must...but I wont use it, to deny well or Considered over paid Groups/individuals

to morally protect their working ethic has they see fit.  I have been promised certain things, position, promotion, rise etc.

Then seen it turned. Before and At Ulloas age, I have said thx, then walked, I have Swallowed the bullit, and remained

then used it to give me time...Even with wife and kids, I jostled to modestly Improve my lot.I have succeeded and failed.

I have been honest, at times loyal, repaid and respected  numerous times, management group/individual wishes,

Sometimes to my advantage or deterrment.

Once I got on the mortgage treadmill, it was scarey, Integrity consequences ,

Conflicts balanced and questioned. Every single one of us make our own beds, to suit our needs.

Ditto with our approaches to our working enviroment descision making.

We dont have the media hanging on every word, if I got jossed, I would use it for career prospects manipulation,

Stay honest but state my opinion of my Situation  being Disrespected. Here Ulloa did nothing wrong...

It seems petty to jump on such a benail,' non of anyones business' situation to let loose ones own frustration,

to hack Off somebody you dont Know, nor the circumstances...

So he used the obvious right to say what he did, but waited to see if circumstances would change and decided

to sign a new contract. Not for yours or my opinions, but for his own and family well being.

If you pop your head up, you might see hes still a well liked fringe player...

Now away from that, I thought Like others at the time ULLOA  it was a good investment, others thought  not.

Fair dues...

If I was discussing him, with mates, or in his prescence.

Honest performer, had great memory moments,   Tittle winner with some great Ulloa input, in cliff hanging moments

and periods.  Never reached that 1st choice selection consistency.He meshed character wise, but lacked quality

Performances in this last 12 months, to hold down a first team place.

Pl player...I really dont know, if he went last Xmas to a Stoke, Watford, or a.n.other, we would of found out.

So its all down to opinion, and there I would fall on your side, I would of liked to see him moved on, but

I wouldnt go out to crucify him or criticise his statements....

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Never known any single or married person not to have responsibilities, no matter if its govt or in the open market.

I used my peak working years to justle into , around and through 3 varying carrer platforms.....

Engineering, Gastronomy and IT system networks. No university behind me. 

Our lives out of TV/filmTheater  or sport, take on the more uncomfortable responsibilties in life.

Usually sportspeople come from our background of life, they have found a unique talent, which they can

Use proffesionally....So it is about money, but so Primarily  is your/my   working life..

We all singularly start out believing we will develope,our private and working potentials so we can sell ourselves.

Money stays the priority, but not the must...but I wont use it, to deny well or Considered over paid Groups/individuals

to morally protect their working ethic has they see fit.  I have been promised certain things, position, promotion, rise etc.

Then seen it turned. Before and At Ulloas age, I have said thx, then walked, I have Swallowed the bullit, and remained

then used it to give me time...Even with wife and kids, I jostled to modestly Improve my lot.I have succeeded and failed.

I have been honest, at times loyal, repaid and respected  numerous times, management group/individual wishes,

Sometimes to my advantage or deterrment.

Once I got on the mortgage treadmill, it was scarey, Integrity consequences ,

Conflicts balanced and questioned. Every single one of us make our own beds, to suit our needs.

Ditto with our approaches to our working enviroment descision making.

We dont have the media hanging on every word, if I got jossed, I would use it for career prospects manipulation,

Stay honest but state my opinion of my Situation  being Disrespected. Here Ulloa did nothing wrong...

It seems petty to jump on such a benail,' non of anyones business' situation to let loose ones own frustration,

to hack Off somebody you dont Know, nor the circumstances...

So he used the obvious right to say what he did, but waited to see if circumstances would change and decided

to sign a new contract. Not for yours or my opinions, but for his own and family well being.

If you pop your head up, you might see hes still a well liked fringe player...

Now away from that, I thought Like others at the time ULLOA  it was a good investment, others thought  not.

Fair dues...

If I was discussing him, with mates, or in his prescence.

Honest performer, had great memory moments,   Tittle winner with some great Ulloa input, in cliff hanging moments

and periods.  Never reached that 1st choice selection consistency.He meshed character wise, but lacked quality

Performances in this last 12 months, to hold down a first team place.

Pl player...I really dont know, if he went last Xmas to a Stoke, Watford, or a.n.other, we would of found out.

So its all down to opinion, and there I would fall on your side, I would of liked to see him moved on, but

I wouldnt go out to crucify him or criticise his statements....

Well said sir. Your posts are quite often long and sometimes difficult to read (grammar/spelling) but are always thoughtful and show humility as well as humour.

If find myself agreeing with you on most of your posts. :thumbup:

2 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

Comparing what you or I do for a job to the Ulloa situation isn't realistic at all, whatever way we look at it. None of us know the clear cut details tbf. 

I don't particularly rate Ulloa but I respect his contribution to our club which undeniably helped keep us in the PL. 

I also agree that we need the best players and the best team to proceed but I personally think your outrage and hatred towards Ulloa is misplaced and misguided.

His words were taken out of context in the heat of the moment and he's been unfairly lambasted for it. 

I too am blown away that people want to shift Maguire already and can't accept that Mahrez is always going to be a bit of miss and a bit of magic - again, no reason for him to go if he doesn't want to.

Nothing personal against you mate - I just think you're wrong about Ulloa's 'never play again' scenario. We agree on most other things by the looks of it.  

Yes and he also made a very decent contribution to our title winning season when called upon.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, midland_red said:

Never understood the near-hatred for Leo on here

Going on Sky Sports News outside the training ground on deadline day when we didn't have any sort of striker back up to tell the people who support Leicester (the people who would give their left bollock for 2 minutes playtime in the royal blue) that he refuses to play for the club again isn't the best way to make friends.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

The winner v Norwich and the penalty to get us a draw v West Ham were HUGE moments that year!

The balls he had to step up for the penalty against West Ham and put it away so confidentially impressed me no end. His first 2 seasons at the club were very good indeed. But it's time for him to go. However he should always be thought of as a valuable member of the title winning squad. Just wish it wasn't tainted by his actions 12 months ago.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

Ulloa deserves a bit more love & respect than he gets on this forum tbh.

Far too big a deal is made about his 'I'll never play' thing - he was told he'd play by Ranieri, not played and then had a move blocked - he had every right to be angry.

The guy just wanted time on the football pitch - any football pitch and we stopped him from going to then keep putting him on the bench, if that. 

I agree that his time here is up but he was a big part of keeping us in the PL and for the most part he's been patient and waited his turn without making a fuss.

Some people love to vilify players for no reason though and unfortunately for Leo it seems to be him. 

He'll go to a Championship side and do well - and I for one will wish him all the best.  

Couldn't agree more. It might be time to move on, that time comes for all players. But he's scored some big goals for Leicester and stepped in when Vardy got suspended the year we won the league. Deserves a lot more respect. 

• Like 4

yes he has been good for us, But it sentiment which is holding us back. Players have got to be moved on when the Manager considers they've nothing to offer his team.

Otherwise we'll end up with lots of players filling the squad on sentiment. In the meantime we'll be sliding away to oblivion.

• Like 2

He refused to ever play for the club again and since putting out that statement indeed has played for the club again.

clearly a man of his word!!

No where near the standard we need...zero effort when he does get on the pitch.

One of the most baffling decisions the club has made when they rewarded his disloyalty with a bumper new contract.

get rid asap.

No sympathy for his cause and I honestly think he would struggle to get a game at championship level.

Don't think he'll go cheaply, as he's still got another year or so on his contract - like Musa.

But can imagine the club trying to sort transfers for the pair as soon as possible in order to get some of their initial fees back.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Source/sauce.

Rob Dorsett @RobDorsettSky
FollowFollow @RobDorsettSky
More

#besiktas interested in #lcfc striker Islam Slimani. Turkish club’s president, Fikret Orman, is in Leicester for talks. Leic will listen to offers but won’t let club record signing go on the cheap. #avfc interested in taking Leo Ulloa on loan.

• Thanks 1