Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Dogs

Took the new pooch for her first of two vacs today! Took them like a champ! 

Going to the vets feels like on massive sales pitch though, monthly plan offers and direct debit payments coming from all angles! Makes you wonder whether vets are genuinely intrested in a pets healtcare or if they're running a business!   

11 minutes ago, sk3since03 said:

Took the new pooch for her first of two vacs today! Took them like a champ! 

Going to the vets feels like on massive sales pitch though, monthly plan offers and direct debit payments coming from all angles! Makes you wonder whether vets are genuinely intrested in a pets healtcare or if they're running a business!   

Depends which one you go to, some are. Some can be the opposite which is equally as annoying.

On 4/6/2017 at 09:20, sk3since03 said:

Picked up our second doggy last Friday! A 9week old pedigree Border Collie bitch! Farm Bred, she's lovely a proper livewire! My soon to be 8year old Border Collie keeps looking at us as if to say " Well when are you taking her back, she not here for good right?" :D

They get along great though and with the kids too! 

Bloody love dogs! I'd go as far as saying i like them more than most people 

On 4/6/2017 at 09:24, TiffToff88 said:

You're not alone there, i'd imagine 99% of the people who have posted in this thread would say the same. Myself included.

yeah you can all **** off, i'm here for the dogs

3 hours ago, matty98 said:

Went to look at some puppies yesterday, had originally planned on getting a yellow lab but a little black lab decided otherwise, we're second in line so fingers crossed she stays available

Nice, puppies are so cute.

When mine have gone I would be half tempted not to get a puppy again though after watching ours with epilepsy. Possibly a older rescue dog so you know what you are getting.

Will no doubt be a different story when it does happen but it puts me on edge most of the time and makes going away difficult.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

When mine have gone I would be half tempted not to get a puppy again though after watching ours with epilepsy. Possibly a older rescue dog so you know what you are getting.

Will no doubt be a different story when it does happen but it puts me on edge most of the time and makes going away difficult.

It's a tough one that and really feel for you, we had a puppy which unfortunately had a bleeding disorder with no cure which we found out during her season and that was that sadly. Hasn't put me off having another puppy though as it's just a case of these things happen

33 minutes ago, matty98 said:

It's a tough one that and really feel for you, we had a puppy which unfortunately had a bleeding disorder with no cure which we found out during her season and that was that sadly. Hasn't put me off having another puppy though as it's just a case of these things happen

He's alright on the whole just epilepsy developes after a year normally so if I got a rescue dog a bit older I would know if it's likely to be an issue. 

This is dog gives absolutely no Fuchs though lol 

IMG_6570.JPG

• Like 2

On 4/8/2017 at 13:34, Costock_Fox said:

Sorry to hear that mate. Must be heartbreaking to watch. I'm assuming the pup is on meds for the convulsions?

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Sorry to hear that mate. Must be heartbreaking to watch. I'm assuming the pup is on meds for the convulsions?

It's not nice, I know he will snap out of them but it always happens at about 5am while I'm asleep so waking up so suddenly isn't great. He is indeed, 1 and a half tablets twice a day which are now pretty sideaffect free. If he has more than 1 seizure in a day then he has to Have diazepam to snap him out of it and on two occasions he has spent the night in a vets sedated.

Costs me an absolute bomb lol

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

It's not nice, I know he will snap out of them but it always happens at about 5am while I'm asleep so waking up so suddenly isn't great. He is indeed, 1 and a half tablets twice a day which are now pretty sideaffect free. If he has more than 1 seizure in a day then he has to Have diazepam to snap him out of it and on two occasions he has spent the night in a vets sedated.

Does he watch cartoons in a poorly lit room, I heard this is the root cause of epileptic fits :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Feel for you there, alot of people would give up on cases such as yours

Good on you pal 

Edited by sk3since03

13 minutes ago, sk3since03 said:

Feel for you there, alot of people would give up on cases such as yours

Good on you pal 

Ah no its no where near that stage to be fair. One a month is manageable and classed as mild epilepsy to be honest.

Hopefully now I give him his tablet at 4.30 am every day he has them less frequently.

Hes a brilliant dog to be honest though, hilarious, loving and loves a good chat lol.

13 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

lol

Ive just looked up at the photo..that can't be a bloody pup surely?

• 4 weeks later...

POST SPAYING UPDATE:

It's been about 5 weeks since she was spayed, in terms of her general personality, nothing has changed, she's still totally insane. But she has calmed down quite a lot with other dogs out on walks, she's still wary of other dogs on leads, but is nowhere near as aggressive as she had been in the past. She was attacked by another dog on a lead a few days ago, but she just walked away, which amazed me.

Here she is enjoying (stealing) a well earned beer the evening of the attack.

Nala Beer.jpg

1 hour ago, TiffToff88 said:

POST SPAYING UPDATE:

It's been about 5 weeks since she was spayed, in terms of her general personality, nothing has changed, she's still totally insane. But she has calmed down quite a lot with other dogs out on walks, she's still wary of other dogs on leads, but is nowhere near as aggressive as she had been in the past. She was attacked by another dog on a lead a few days ago, but she just walked away, which amazed me.

Here she is enjoying (stealing) a well earned beer the evening of the attack.

Nala Beer.jpg

Poor dog, that kingpin stuff isn't a patch on Elvis Juice.

• 3 weeks later...

Its not the size of the sausage that's matters is my only advice.

Edit,  just seen that you aren't after advice but experience. I have absolutely non with a miniature sausage, honest.

Edited by Costock_Fox