Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Dogs

1 hour ago, BirminghamFox said:

I know... she looks like a Gremlin! Wanted to call her Gizmo 

shes a a teacup chihuahua 

Thought it was a chihuahua but wasn't sure if it was just a pup. Cute dogs, bet you can't wait to walk that lol.

1 hour ago, BirminghamFox said:

I know... she looks like a Gremlin! Wanted to call her Gizmo 

shes a a teacup chihuahua 

Surely you have to draw a line in the sand somewhere on what can be called a dog and what's actually a rat doll?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone give me some advice?

Our 3 year old dog is starting to show signs of aggression. She growls at us if we try to move her off the bed or the sofa. just got a call from the wife saying the dog actually bit her when she tried moving the dog off the bed. She's convinced that she wants the dog gone now. I don't want to give up on her just yet. Can anyone suggest anything we can try?

EDIT: I might have already asked  this question on here a few weeks ago, i know i asked on a forum somewhere, apologies if i've already brought it up.

Edited by TiffToff88

7 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Our 3 year old dog is starting to show signs of aggression. She growls at us if we try to move her off the bed or the sofa. just got a call from the wife saying the dog actually bit her when she tried moving the dog off the bed. She's convinced that she wants the dog gone now. I don't want to give up on her just yet. Can anyone suggest anything we can try?

EDIT: I might have already asked  this question on here a few weeks ago, i know i asked on a forum somewhere, apologies if i've already brought it up.

Easiest solution would be to re-home your wife.

Failing that, I'd go to the vets (with the dog) and get it checked over to ensure it's not in pain or related to diet.

Following that I'd ask said vet to refer you to a decent animal behaviouralist whispering dog trainer type and get a couple of sessions booked - I'd also encourage your wife to take the dog to these sessions and bond with it as the tension appears to be between them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

It sounds to me like she is either sick / in pain, or she has become convinced she is the boss, and isnt going to take this shit from you.  Vet first to rule out the former, then indeed find a local animal behaviourist. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Easiest solution would be to re-home your wife.

Failing that, I'd go to the vets (with the dog) and get it checked over to ensure it's not in pain or related to diet.

Following that I'd ask said vet to refer you to a decent animal behaviouralist whispering dog trainer type and get a couple of sessions booked - I'd also encourage your wife to take the dog to these sessions and bond with it as the tension appears to be between them.

just made an appointment with a vet for tomorrow evening (any excuse to miss the battle of the reserves cup match!)

I'm not sure if i want them to find anything. Wonder which of injury or general behaviour issues is the lesser of the 2 evils?

• Like 1

On 18 September 2017 at 10:48, TiffToff88 said:

just made an appointment with a vet for tomorrow evening (any excuse to miss the battle of the reserves cup match!)

I'm not sure if i want them to find anything. Wonder which of injury or general behaviour issues is the lesser of the 2 evils?

How did it go buddy?

On 18/09/2017 at 10:48, TiffToff88 said:

3 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

How did it go buddy?

She's booked in for tonight, but ill let you know how we get on

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anal gland secretion is nasty stuff. Didn't notice my dog rub up against my arm this morning before i went to work. Sat down at my desk, wondered what the fishy smell was. Following the scent, i looked down at my arm and noticed a small damp patch. There are people in the office trying to work out the source of the fishy smell and im just sat here, stealthily spraying deodorant on my sleeve when nobody is looking!!

3 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

Anal gland secretion is nasty stuff. Didn't notice my dog rub up against my arm this morning before i went to work. Sat down at my desk, wondered what the fishy smell was. Following the scent, i looked down at my arm and noticed a small damp patch. There are people in the office trying to work out the source of the fishy smell and im just sat here, stealthily spraying deodorant on my sleeve when nobody is looking!!

Hahahah you went to work with arse juice on your shirt? Marvellous.

It really is horrendous stuff, my Husky with epilepsy secretes it when he has a seizure.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎18‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 10:25, TiffToff88 said:

its American and all cheesy, but I would recommend watching 'the dog whisperer' on picktv channel I think.

just helps you set some ground rules about structure and ensuring you and the wife are the pack leaders

certainly helped my wife and I when we got our 1st dog (who was about 15 months at the time)

1 hour ago, notnow john said:

My dog is very timid and is regularly picked on by other dogs.

i intend to get another breed of dog that's more aggressive to look after her.

I've been hearing a lot about these hard border collies!!

I’d be more tempted to get a terrier or bull terrier if it’s a dog with aggression you want. What dog do you have now?

On 18/09/2017 at 10:25, TiffToff88 said:

Obviously replying to this way too late but if she's just "starting" to show signs of aggression at the age of three that suggests there is something wrong, not a behavioural issue. Is the dog in pain, does the dog feel sick? Take them to the vet.

Edited by Bryn

On 06/12/2017 at 17:15, notnow john said:

Get a husky mate they are well tough 

CE120605-ABEA-4FB7-88DA-6E577F3E831F.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 06/12/2017 at 17:15, notnow john said:

The dog reflects the owner, I suggest getting another owner for the dog, if you want it to be able have some balls