Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shailen_patel4

Fans who don't celebrate

1 hour ago, shailen_patel4 said:

Hate watching a game and seeing fans not celebrating when we score and just seeing them sit in there seats like what's the point in going to the games?

Maybe they go purely to watch a game of football, similar to someone watching a local lower league team for something to do. 

Why would it bother you? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, InLoveWithNgolo said:

Find it very strange when parents pay for a season ticket for their kid/kids and they sit there on their phone all game paying no attention to the game.

I often have to take my daughter because she's too young to be left at home on her own. If I didn't take her with me I couldn't go. 

Paid your money you are fully entitled to react how you want.

Used to sit near a bloke that would not shut up all match ... constantly moaning

and cracking these awful jokes that his cronies laughed at which encouraged him even more.

If we scored he'd turn round and pump his fists so that every body sitting behind him had

the pleasure of seeing him celebrate.

Prefer the quiet ones than a toss pot like him.  

Hate watching a game and seeing fans not celebrating when we score and just seeing them sit in there seats like what's the point in going to the games?

Errr maybe some like me who sit in their seat because they have a back problem etc. Not all fit and healthy like you

19 minutes ago, Corky said:

I'm sure he claps or says something appreciative though?

I've seen fans who just moan incessantly and scoring/ doing well seems to ruin their "enjoyment". Very odd behaviour.

Yeah he celebrates in his chair, bless his cotton socks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

What an absolute knob, its bad enough to rub it in like that but to do in at Browns, the worst team in the NFL, is bizarre.

I mean, where on earth in the value in that? Its like us going in the Peterboro home end next Saturday and really taking the piss out of them if we go one nil up.

I dont condone violence but if this guy got beat up after filming, he would completely deserve it.

4 minutes ago, Nalis said:

What an absolute knob, its bad enough to rub it in like that but to do in at Browns, the worst team in the NFL, is bizarre.

I mean, where on earth in the value in that? Its like us going in the Peterboro home end next Saturday and really taking the piss out of them if we go one nil up.

I dont condone violence but if this guy got beat up after filming, he would completely deserve it.

If you think someone should be beaten up for having a bit of a joke at a sports event then to be honest it sounds like you do condone violence. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

so easy to spot especially when Liverpool or Utd are in town.

Against Utd just before Xmas, there was a Utd fan with his mate (unsure who he supported) and he was quite open about it (calling free-kicks against us, calling their goals class etc amid softly celebrating them. Gave him a bit of stick as the game went on cos he got fvcking annoying.

Got even more stick when Maguire's goal went in as well as other City fans had cottoned on to his allegiance! Wanted to knock him out to be honest as it annoys me so much. 

lollollol 

9 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I think it's hilarious, particularly the laughing at the end...and it wouldn't bother me one iota if I saw some guy on his own doing that at a football game although I do take your point about being deliberately antagonistic. He should perhaps come over here, don a hammers shirt and try it at the Den - or a Man U scarf at Elland Road. 

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

When we score I'm usually going mental and don't even notice what others are doing.

Why are so many people obsessed about other people? "They don't sing, they don't clap, they leave early, they don't celebrate". Enjoy your own life.

Because it's a communal, rather than a purely individual, experience.

If a cinema was empty that wouldn't affect my experience. If the KP had been empty against Sevilla than that certainly would've affected my experience, and yours too I suspect.

• Like 2

My dad and uncles  brought me up so...

We actually applauded the opposition, and visiting goalkeeper.Spoke to and helped oppo fans.

We never went off like the screaming banshies, when we scored , few did in my 1st years.

Yes I ran the streets in the seventies if I wasnt playing, was a koppite.If training or events /work didnt

stop me, away games would be targetted. Stood,and  sat  in every area around the old and then new

Filbert street. Fans from all around the ground celebrated so differently, I discovered the koppites,

were not the only "fans" and not all 1st chants originated in the kop.

I an my then best mate got into the Ddecker above the kop, 2 guys clapped, never cheered hardly stood up,

seen them away, we called them the statues...Then one game when Rfern got that overhead kick,

they jumped up shouting ..hes here hes there.....hes every fkn where!!!

Then years, one of my few games, we were standing in the oppos end, when Weller scored "that" goal,

we went mad, next to us was these 2 statues now older guys, jumping with us and laughing their heads off...magic!!

like me they were also Stalwart Tiger /foxes cricket followers, for awhile a few years we became good aquaintences.

A little anecdote...

We were playing Spurs, I met up next to the tunnel (old family enclosure), with these 2.

Jennings the GK came out, and one of my terrace friends now a pensioner, pulled out his

P.book and shouted out " Ive got your pension book here, come and collect it, after Weller

sees you lot off"   Pat turned around, leaned over to him, and asked him to leave it in the dugout,

but not sure yet home or away ..then with a wink turned onto the pitch.

Nearly a year later we were at Midlands-sporting presentation and ball , where again I got speaking to

these 2 old Statues ( Arthur and Harry ), after awhile , where people

were mindling in the foyer, a guy with massive hands  came and stood between us,

and laughing ,said  " I'll take my pension book now"  it was Big Pat Jennings...and told us he never

forgot that moment....Again just magic moments...

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

Maybe they go purely to watch a game of football, similar to someone watching a local lower league team for something to do. 

Why would it bother you? 

That’s what ruins football just going to games for “something to do” what about real fans who can’t get tickets 

That’s what ruins football just going to games for “something to do” what about real fans who can’t get tickets 

Get a grip. Someone who’s bought access to an event has every right to enjoy it how they please, so long as it’s good natured. 

I’ve been to music gigs for something to do rather than for the love of the band/artist/DJ, shouldn’t I have gone? 

6 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Get a grip. Someone who’s bought access to an event has every right to enjoy it how they please, so long as it’s good natured. 

I’ve been to music gigs for something to do rather than for the love of the band/artist/DJ, shouldn’t I have gone? 

No because you’re stopping real fans of the artist getting tickets. Those that deserve it. You don’t deserve a ticket.

*tongue in cheek before anyone says*

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SystonFox said:

No because you’re stopping real fans of the artist getting tickets. Those that deserve it. You don’t deserve a ticket.

*tongue in cheek before anyone says*

I know you’re joking and I do feel for fans who can’t get tickets. 

Some people might never have been lucky enough to ever go to a football match, have Sky Sports or ever had someone in their family who’s introduced them to what football really is. So they won’t know what it’s all about (how we treat it). So when they go to a game for the first few times they aren’t going to react the way the majority do. 

Either that or they’re just away fans! 

This was more aimed at the OP rather than you SF :thumbup:

When the Carling Stand was built I was right at the top underneath the cameras. (if you see any old videos you may notice a lad in yellow jacket).

It was freezing up there some nights so I was desperate to jump about to warm up. Sometimes after a few beers I wouldn't jump up as I got a bit of vertigo. :unsure:

Not really relevant to the OP; just an anecdote.

17 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

I know you’re joking and I do feel for fans who can’t get tickets. 

Some people might never have been lucky enough to ever go to a football match, have Sky Sports or ever had someone in their family who’s introduced them to what football really is. So they won’t know what it’s all about (how we treat it). So when they go to a game for the first few times they aren’t going to react the way the majority do. 

Either that or they’re just away fans! 

This was more aimed at the OP rather than you SF :thumbup:

At the end of the day I struggle to understand why it’s even a thing anyway.

two weeks ago people were bothered by people singing, or not, using clappers, or not, standing, or not. Why, as fans, do we have to berate each other so much? We are 7th in the prem. outside of the now so called “big 6” we are top of the pile. We’ve won the prem now let’s win the mini prem.

if there was an away fan near me at a home game I wouldn’t grass them up as I’ve sat in Home ends before when I couldn’t get an away ticket.!i can’t pot call kettle 

2 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

At the end of the day I struggle to understand why it’s even a thing anyway.

two weeks ago people were bothered by people singing, or not, using clappers, or not, standing, or not. Why, as fans, do we have to berate each other so much? We are 7th in the prem. outside of the now so called “big 6” we are top of the pile. We’ve won the prem now let’s win the mini prem.

if there was an away fan near me at a home game I wouldn’t grass them up as I’ve sat in Home ends before when I couldn’t get an away ticket.!i can’t pot call kettle 

No I agree. I couldn’t care less, that was my original point. 

I’ve sat in a home end (City were away) this season and plenty of times before. It’s not really a big deal unless your being an ar$e.