Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shailen_patel4

Fans who don't celebrate

My son couldn't make it on Saturday and I normally stand at the back of J2 anyway - so let 2 "tourists'' sit in our seats.  No thank you, put the clappers (who cares but) in their bags and didn't know a single player's name.  If we'd played in red and them in blue they'd have supported Watford.  They were ecstatic at the penalty whereas I couldn't look given our record!

Ah well - 7th and safe.  Life could be worse......

its the constant moaning about certain players that gets me more. An old fella blames Mahrez for everything and I mean everything. If a mistake was nothing to do with him the old fella would say it was because he should have been there etc etc. 

I cant understand why you even turn up if thats your attitude. Stay at home and moan about Brexit or something

19 hours ago, Rogstanley said:

If you think someone should be beaten up for having a bit of a joke at a sports event then to be honest it sounds like you do condone violence. 

Not really what I said though was it? There's a difference between saying I want someone to get beat up and saying someone only has themselves to blame if they did.

Also, it goes beyond a 'bit of a joke' to me but if it got the attention seeking idiot a few extra views on youtube for something which isnt even remotely funny then its sadly mission accomplished for him.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Our away end goal celebrations on TV are so tame time and time again.

Yeah, definitely been a few times where I've watched the highlights back and thought "I'm sure it was wilder than that?". As others have said though, if you're celebrating properly, you're not really going to be looking at what others are doing are you.

18 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Not really what I said though was it? There's a difference between saying I want someone to get beat up and saying someone only has themselves to blame if they did.

Also, it goes beyond a 'bit of a joke' to me but if it got the attention seeking idiot a few extra views on youtube for something which isnt even remotely funny then its sadly mission accomplished for him.

You said neither of those things, you said he would "completely deserve" to be beaten up which sounds like condoning violence to me. Doesn't matter though mate I was just being pedantic for no reason.

What we need is a Code of Conduct that can help supporters understand what is required of them during a match. It should stipulate what to do in the event of a goal, a poor refereeing decision, a red card for the opposition and other scenarios. All fans would then be fully briefed on the requirement to stand in the event of a goal and also how may times to shout "f**king yes", how many bruises should be located on their shins if the goal was a last minute winner / equaliser, who to hug (being mindful of possible sexual harassment claims) and other important criteria that real fans should be demonstrating. Anyone seen not adhering to the Code of Conduct should be ejected / executed.

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Wookie said:

I reckon in 95% of home ends in England if an away fan did this the bloke would get knocked the **** out. 

If you were lucky - intensive care more likely. As I mentioned earlier, try this at the New Den and you'd be lucky to get out alive.

In an ideal world every goal everyone would be jumping up and down screaming. I always am. But we need to understand that everyone is different, everybody has their own ways of celebrating, and really, it makes no difference to us as individuals, as long as we are happy, who cares what anyone else is doing? Leicester are my team, and in that moment when we score I'm unaware of what is happening around me really, and tbh I really couldn't care less how anyone else chooses to celebrate. I have bigger things to worry about in the rest of my life, if you don't, then you're lucky, just enjoy it for what it is 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

In an ideal world every goal everyone would be jumping up and down screaming. I always am. But we need to understand that everyone is different, everybody has their own ways of celebrating, and really, it makes no difference to us as individuals, as long as we are happy, who cares what anyone else is doing? Leicester are my team, and in that moment when we score I'm unaware of what is happening around me really, and tbh I really couldn't care less how anyone else chooses to celebrate. I have bigger things to worry about in the rest of my life, if you don't, then you're lucky, just enjoy it for what it is 

Don't be so thoughtful, balanced and reasonable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Actually, what ruins football is overpriced tickets, shit concourse food, new shirts every season that cost pennies to make but are sold for fifty quid, imbecilic salaries & transfer fees, racists, homophobes, mysoginists, games not being played on Saturday afternoons, last minute fixture changes resulting in lost travel and accommodation costs, Rupert fecking Murdoch, FIFA corruption, drink-induced violence, songs about bombers and the IRA, ticket allocations, friends of the ticket office skipping the ticket allocations, the family end being at the wrong part of the ground, no terraces, the failure of sides to compete with strong selections in cup competitions, clappers, being told to keep off the pitch, prawn sandwiches, and people who consider themselves “real fans”.

Possibly the finest post ever.

• Like 2

On 22/01/2018 at 01:40, Harry - LCFC said:

Because it's a communal, rather than a purely individual, experience.

If a cinema was empty that wouldn't affect my experience. If the KP had been empty against Sevilla than that certainly would've affected my experience, and yours too I suspect.

Great post 

Although I worry in 10 years the ground's will be full to capacity and silent, all the new generation will be texting their cheers and chants to a huge screen suspended in the sky!!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Daggers said:

Actually, what ruins football is overpriced tickets, shit concourse food, new shirts every season that cost pennies to make but are sold for fifty quid, imbecilic salaries & transfer fees, racists, homophobes, mysoginists, games not being played on Saturday afternoons, last minute fixture changes resulting in lost travel and accommodation costs, Rupert fecking Murdoch, FIFA corruption, drink-induced violence, songs about bombers and the IRA, ticket allocations, friends of the ticket office skipping the ticket allocations, the family end being at the wrong part of the ground, no terraces, the failure of sides to compete with strong selections in cup competitions, clappers, being told to keep off the pitch, prawn sandwiches, and people who consider themselves “real fans”.

Brilliant post and I'd like to add - FA Cup semi-finals being played at Wembley. It really does devalue the competition and the achievement of getting to the final at Wembley.

• Like 3

On 1/22/2018 at 18:06, RumbleFox said:

Och, each to their own I suppose.   Everyone shows their emotions in different ways. X

pretty much this.i am not  emotional type,more likely a lot indifferent.for people you are weird

just like Meursault from Albert Camus Stranger