Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt7

tickets for Sheffield

3 minutes ago, Staffs Fox said:

Why is this on a Friday night?? Surely if they don't want a clash with the Tigers then Sunday afternoon would be better?

Thanks to EMT another game I'll have to leave early

Sheffield have a game the following Tuesday.

I'm late again

Edited by red5
late

21 minutes ago, baker11 said:

The Blades play on Tuesday meaning a Sunday game was also off the cards.

Are you getting train down on the Friday? If I go I think it'll get train but the amount of Blades fans that'll be on too lol 

16 minutes ago, baker11 said:

Yeah I will be, not sure which one down yet. Have you seen the times back after the game, 10.03 then the next is 23.53.

Yeah, I saw that. I’d probably go for that late one as daft as it seems. Ridiculous gap in between though.

21 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah, I saw that. I’d probably go for that late one as daft as it seems. Ridiculous gap in between though.

Yeah that one being so late always puts me off on the midweek trips. Shame there is no late one on a Saturday.

Few Sheffield/Chesterfield/Derby Foxes will be on that late one I'm sure.

7 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Sheff U have oddly taken 3,300 rather than what they are entitled to. 

There appears to be some confusion on their forum on this. They reckon clubs don't have to give the 15% in the cup anymore so it could be possible that we didn't give them the option on the larger allocation.

On 05/02/2018 at 17:01, baker11 said:

There appears to be some confusion on their forum on this. They reckon clubs don't have to give the 15% in the cup anymore so it could be possible that we didn't give them the option on the larger allocation.

Just read this myself,and that they won’t be getting anymore tickets other than the initial allocation 

Here’s what The FA say on ticket allocation 

"FA Cup rules allow for an away allocation of up to 15% of the home stadium.

"However this is subject to the local Safety Advisory Group (SAG) agreeing to that ticket allocation number.

"The SAG is made up of services such as the local council, police, fire brigade and the club amongst others and issues the stadium’s health and safety certificate

Just checked on the website. There are still 8600 tickets available in home areas. I always find it strange that we take a big away support to places like Peterborough (which was also on TV) but struggle to sell £15 tickets at home in the 5th round to a lower league team.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, brisfox said:

Just checked on the website. There are still 8600 tickets available in home areas. I always find it strange that we take a big away support to places like Peterborough (which was also on TV) but struggle to sell £15 tickets at home in the 5th round to a lower league team.

Sad as I am I totalled them up this morning and there was just short of 10000. Looks like we've sold 1400 this morning then which I suppose isn't bad.

I'm going along with another STH and three non STH and we got five together middle of the East Stand last night. You would think that the STH's who hold those seats would be die hards.

I guess it's the supporters recognising justhow the club seems to view the competition.

43 minutes ago, brisfox said:

Every cup game has been like this for the past few years. Most STH's just go to the PL home games which is what they paid for. A lot of them never attend an away fixture and don't bother with cup games.

However, we have sold out every cup game (bar Fleetwood). This weekend will see a big shift and by Tuesday/Wednesday we will be down to single seats. I expect this to sell out.

Just remember that 4,000 went to Peterborough. That is less than 14% of our home fans. I am sure the majority of those will be at the ground. You can't compare away following to home following, apples and pears.

Half of the STHs i know go to the home league games only, no away and no cup games, for financial or various other reasons. This will probably sell out eventually.

I don't think it's anything to do with how the club view the cup, do they view it negatively?! Cheap tickets and heavy promotion of them via email etc.

1 hour ago, brisfox said:

Only been on gen sale for 5 hours ?, don’t worry yourself, it will be a close to a sell out 

On 09/02/2018 at 20:45, brisfox said:

How about the Union FS guys ( who do a great job ) getting to the ground earlier. They seem to leave it later and later and last week before Swansea most were not there 5 mins before the game started.

You sure? Bearing in mind there was a mini display for the 10 years link with Bochum. Most were there way before ko. Most the ones I know are always the 1st to leave the boozer. Normally a good half hour before we even consider trying to get a last minute uber lol

Edited by Bayfox