Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Grow up and get behind Riyad, or: stop listening to the press and wait and see how he reacts on the pitch

Just now, jumbo747 said:

Garbage - Mahrez is concerned only with his own ambition and success - nothing criminal about that, but crap like this empty rhetoric ought to be shot down. Mahrez was, and is, in the wrong and he should be left in no doubt about that. Weak and cowardly behaviour by the owners and senior management at the club.

You are probably right Jumbo but putting   "The little fookers back now so pretend to like him cus he'll be p1ssing off in the summer"  isn't really going to help matters ...  is it.

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

Not quite sure what else the statement needs to say tbh. Short, concise and obviously nothing else that needs airing in public. 

What do you want - two sides of A4 about the ins and outs of what's happened? Not likely. 

Not sure they needed one, that statement is just nothing

Not sure a few smiles on a training ground mean the players are happy for him to be back. How are we expecting them to show their annoyance? A few two-footed challenges? We’ll see whether he’s forgiven when he’s on the pitch. 

The players might have sympathy for him, understand that he wants to move as they’d probably be the same if one of big boys came calling. 

1 minute ago, Redouane said:

Yeah check the lcfc instagram

Quite amusing really. Basically a montage of him running around with a smile on his face.

Fair play to Riyad and the club for sorting it out. The press didnt know what was going on so speculated as per. Let's wait and see what happens going forward

32 minutes ago, FoxSinceBirth said:

I don't agree however that he should be allowed straight back into the first team, if he does whoever gets dropped for him should be furious.

I'm sure Diabate won't be furious if he's dropped for Mahrez

Can imagine ex-players who've actually been on the very rough end of depression/other mental health problems, such as Clarke Carlisle and Dean Windass, being very annoyed in him saying he was very depressed a few days ago but now seems as if he's the happiest player in the world..

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1

my understanding of the PS:

- we ( the owners ) value greatly Riyad 

- Riyad value our target (further success : fa cup and the 7th place

- we value greatly mahrez ( a release clause had been set before his return )

- Claude puel may use as a starter Saturday ( if mahrez can stand 90 m ) since the  7 th place is real target for  the owners 

• Like 1

just saw the club’s social media and then riyad’s statement. hahahaha. man i hope in some kind of sick twist all the fu cking numpties who support our club are banished to the reserves and left to rot and let us folk with half a brain get on with it. 

play him tomorrow, he’s our best player and i want us to win. 

end of thread. 

• Like 3

He's been a bit of an arsehole to say the least, but can people chill out the "depressed" thing? It was a quote from a "mate" on SkySports who probably doesn't understand the difference between depressed and gutted.

I understand the seriousness of the word, but he's not even the one that said it. We're just taking Sky Sports' sources as gospel given a rough description from "a close friend". 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

High-risk army? :blink:

Hammy's OK. :D

:Dlol yup, was gnawing and rolling thinking whether I should Go there,

Couldnt be bothered to Go through the tredmill,the wheel of Life just keeps

in turning..hamstringing along...:P

1 minute ago, 1969 said:

Mahrez statement on sky sports just now ...” lots of assumptions made...club knew where he was at all times...will continue to give his all”.  Full statement is on the Mercury website.

But he doesn't explain why he has been absent for ten days, which is what we all want to know. By staying silent during that time he fuelled all the speculation and fiction in the media. What did he expect for heaven's sake?

I really hope he doesn’t start . Not because I’m bitter or angry over all the goings on or because I want us to try a prove a point . I just think it would send out a wrong message to the other players when they have trained all week and then he turns up for one days training and gets an automatic start. 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Thanks 1