Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bellend Sebastian

Explosion on Hinckley Road

8 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Clearly not the first thing to takeaway from this - but anyone else impressed by the build quality shown either side? Clearly it was a huge explosion, yet buildings eitherside show barely a scratch.

I think that is typical of this type of gas explosion (if that's what it is). If there is an escape of gas in this type of property then I guess it is contained in the building until it is ignited and then it blows outwards through the "weakest" exit - i.e. the front and back, rather than the stronger adjoining buildings

12 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Clearly not the first thing to takeaway from this - but anyone else impressed by the build quality shown either side? Clearly it was a huge explosion, yet buildings eitherside show barely a scratch.

When the explosions happened on Narborough Road and more recently Birstall, it seemed to be only the place where it happened that got badly damaged, and this looks the same so you'd have to suggest it's a repeat of that.

4 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Am I missing something? People are "shocked" and posting like it's the end of the world. Is this not a just a gas explosion that happen every now an then? 

sometimes gas explosions happen in factories where no-one is about (if I remember correctly there was one not too long ago in Leicester as well?)

I'm guessing there's more shock about this one because there could be fatalities or serious casualties and that it's in a well-known part (?) of Leicester.

10 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

No one knows what caused the explosion at this time. 

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

sometimes gas explosions happen in factories where no-one is about (if I remember correctly there was one not too long ago in Leicester as well?)

I'm guessing there's more shock about this one because there could be fatalities or serious casualties and that it's in a well-known part (?) of Leicester.

Just seen the scale of this. Looks grim.

6 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Didn’t this happen on narborough road a few years back a kebab house opposite where Hogans Bar used to be ? 

Seem to remember that kebab house Building being levelled by an explosion 

Yeah,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2031462/Body-rubble-Leicester-kebab-shop-destroyed-2am-Bank-Holiday-explosion.html

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Didn’t this happen on narborough road a few years back a kebab house opposite where Hogans Bar used to be ? 

Seem to remember that kebab house Building being levelled by an explosion 

It was nearer the bookies on the corner of Narborough Road/Hinckley Road. The former public lavatories. One person died, I believe