Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sunny Rhyl Fox

Bournemouth chances of it being postponed ?

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Exactly the same here. Called in work to say wasn’t anything running from my end and now they have a limited service. It’s actually stopped snowing here now and the forecast suggests heavy in the morning, light in the evening. 

Are you Cross City line? 

Yeah BBC weather says it should be heavy snow right now,so delighted that its not!

11 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

aren’t we pretty much the best club at getting games on in the country? the boro game when knockaert ran half the way from the station cos the roads were well out of action and that game against ipswich (?) that wasn’t gonna be on sky but was on a sunday cos of the rugby but then was on sky cos every other prem game in the league was cancelled. we don’t give a shit. 

But Ipswich was away.

40 minutes ago, tylesta said:

But Ipswich was away.

There was an Ipswich home fixture - moved to Sunday originally because of the Rugby. Sky's original PL televised game was called off and we replaced it. Finished 1-1 off memory with heaps of snow around the pitch. 

This is the game: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/8444503.stm

15 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

There was an Ipswich home fixture - moved to Sunday originally because of the Rugby. Sky's original PL televised game was called off and we replaced it. Finished 1-1 off memory with heaps of snow around the pitch. 

This is the game: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/8444503.stm

The Foxes had to recover from going a goal down inside 30 seconds when Ryan McGivern bundled into his own net

lol

• Haha 1

That Ipswich away game was one of the craziest experiences ever. Getting to Ipswich with not a drop of snow on the ground, and it literally at the top of my foot walking back to the coach.

Absolute farce and one of the coldest games I've ever attended. I was desperate for the referee to call it off and give them the three points, just so we could get going.

It wasn't snow, but do you remember the season before when we had Cardiff and Doncaster postponed on consecutive weeks? Cardiff had under soil heating but hadn't got the licences or permissions to turn it on I remember, and even the rearranged Doncaster game was utterly freezing with snow falling.

The Boro game is, in all honesty, just a game that will live in the memory. The carnage slowly building as the snow just would not stop, the walk to the ground, the emptyness of the ground. Really bemusing experience walking past the Boro team coach. I have only ever seen the Narborough/Upperton/Raw Dykes Rd that congested twice. Boro in the snow and the night we won the title.

3 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

That Ipswich away game was one of the craziest experiences ever. Getting to Ipswich with not a drop of snow on the ground, and it literally at the top of my foot walking back to the coach.

Absolute farce and one of the coldest games I've ever attended. I was desperate for the referee to call it off and give them the three points, just so we could get going.

It wasn't snow, but do you remember the season before when we had Cardiff and Doncaster postponed on consecutive weeks? Cardiff had under soil heating but hadn't got the licences or permissions to turn it on I remember, and even the rearranged Doncaster game was utterly freezing with snow falling.

The Boro game is, in all honesty, just a game that will live in the memory. The carnage slowly building as the snow just would not stop, the walk to the ground, the emptyness of the ground. Really bemusing experience walking past the Boro team coach. I have only ever seen the Narborough/Upperton/Raw Dykes Rd that congested twice. Boro in the snow and the night we won the title.

There was a false announcement in the media that the game was off too weren't there? lol

Great night!

8 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

We left work early at 3pm that day and it took me almost 3 hours to get from near Braunstone Gate to Aylestone to pick my mum up for the match. She then decided against going so I had to walk back to the ground as my car wouldn't move.

boro1.jpg

boro2.jpg

11 minutes ago, Craig said:

There was a false announcement in the media that the game was off too weren't there? lol

Great night!

Took a while but found it. Page 40 ffs. Leicestershire Police tweeting the game was Cancelled. Just enjoy the panic and confusion unfold from that page onwards lol

Special mention in that thread to those saying the attendance would be only 10 or 15k. Ambitious lot.

How's it looking in Leicester? Things have ground to a half in Birmingham... quite literally. Been sat on a train into town (only 4 miles out from the city centre) and they have suspended the service for the rest of the day. Fingers crossed will be moving again tomorrow, although we are forecast snow throughout the night. 

4 minutes ago, rachhere said:

How's it looking in Leicester? Things have ground to a half in Birmingham... quite literally. Been sat on a train into town (only 4 miles out from the city centre) and they have suspended the service for the rest of the day. Fingers crossed will be moving again tomorrow, although we are forecast snow throughout the night. 

Until midnight. 

3 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I live a mile away from the ground and there is no issues here as of now, fully expect the game to go ahead tomorrow 

2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

I live a mile away from the ground and there is no issues here as of now, fully expect the game to go ahead tomorrow 

Fab. Just hope I can join you! Electric trains are great and all.. until there's 'extreme' weather.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/632081/leicester-city-vs-afc-bournemouth-fixture-onschedule/press-release 

Leicester City vs. AFC Bournemouth: Fixture On-Schedule

Leicester City’s Premier League fixture against AFC Bournemouth remains on-course to go ahead as scheduled on Saturday.

Published 2 hrs 34 mins ago

The Foxes are set to host the Cherries at King Power Stadium at 3pm in Gameweek 29.

The Club continues to work with the local authorities and AFC Bournemouth to assess any potential impact of adverse weather conditions.

If there are any changes to the status of the fixture, updates will be provided at LCFC.comand via the Club’s social media channels in the build-up to the game.

As always, supporters are advised to plan their journeys and to arrive at King Power Stadium in good time to ensure prompt admission through the turnstiles.

• Like 1

The Boro game was amazing, this’ll ruffle a few feathers but (generally) the 8000 there are the best supporters we’ve got.

If you disagree I don’t care.

Edited by Wookie
  • Like 4