Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sunny Rhyl Fox

Bournemouth chances of it being postponed ?

2 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

It will be on.... but chilly.  Once out of wales u will be fine

You hope plenty more to come and sunny Leicester will get it. The pitch may be fit but if roads pavements are not it won't happen. OP watch the weather.

I've been wondering if the distance from Bournemouth would be a consideration. The pitch nowadays is unlikely to be an issue, the safety for fans around the actual stadium site should also not be too problematic although getting the local fans in and out of the surrounding area will depend on the conditions at the time (being amongst 30,000 people on a pavement or crossing a road with a swirling blizzard giving just a few inches visibility could be an issue), the logistics of bringing in the accompanying volume of traffic and the ability of the emergency services to respond / staff any incidents. I don't know how much emphasis there is on the logistics of the visiting fans (are they coming by mini bus or a dozen train seats?) considering the distance.

Then there's the likes of you and us other travellers (I leave home 8 hours before Kick off). Dreading hearing it's off mid journey but you'd think if it's not so much about the state of the pitch the decision could be made tomorrow night.

Just think though, with everyones efforts to get there it will make the three points taste all the sweeter and could even be tempted to celebrate with a hot curry before the journey home. I'll be the one dressed like Scott of the Antartic, finding my way to my seat with a pick axe and rope, lead by Emile Husky.

Edited by fazzyfox

7 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

I've been wondering if the distance from Bournemouth would be a consideration. The pitch nowadays is unlikely to be an issue, the safety for fans around the actual stadium site should also not be too problematic although getting the local fans in and out of the surrounding area will depend on the conditions at the time (being amongst 30,000 people on a pavement or crossing a road with a swirling blizzard giving just a few inches visibility could be an issue), the logistics of bringing in the accompanying volume of traffic and the ability of the emergency services to respond / staff any incidents. I don't know how much emphasis there is on the logistics of the visiting fans (are they coming by mini bus or a dozen train seats?) considering the distance.

Then there's the likes of you and us other travellers (I leave home 8 hours before Kick off). Dreading hearing it's off mid journey but you'd think if it's not so much about the state of the pitch the decision could be made tomorrow night.

Just think though, with everyones efforts to get there it will make the three points taste all the sweeter and could even be tempted to celebrate with a hot curry before the journey home. I'll be the one dressed like Scott of the Antartic, finding my way to my seat with a pick axe and rope, lead by Emile Husky.

A friend of mine who lives in Bournemouth was saying that the snow down there has been really bad, so if the snow persists can definitely see issues for the away fans getting up. I would be travelling from Birmingham and already got my contingency plan in place if I get stranded there... doesn't seem to take much to stop the trains. 

Took nearly 2 hours to get from Leicester to Coalville tonight. I'm expecting a similar journey tomorrow morning, with more snow on the way apparently.

Half tempted to stay over in Leicester tomorrow night rather battle back home to go back in again on Saturday. 

24 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Doubt the pitch will be affected, have one of the best groundsmen in the country.

No PL pitch should be effected, they'll all have undersoil heating for starters

1 hour ago, DB11 said:

Does no one remember the farce of Middlesbrough in 2013? The game will guaranteed be on

I certainly do I was one of the 8,000 odd in attendance 

59 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

No PL pitch should be effected, they'll all have undersoil heating for starters

Yeah it’s a requirement for membership of the premier league 

aren’t we pretty much the best club at getting games on in the country? the boro game when knockaert ran half the way from the station cos the roads were well out of action and that game against ipswich (?) that wasn’t gonna be on sky but was on a sunday cos of the rugby but then was on sky cos every other prem game in the league was cancelled. we don’t give a shit. 

• Like 1

I was at the Boro game in 2013 as @DB11 remembers; I was stuck on the Belgrave Road Flyover for about an hour, parked at my dad's work near the Phoenix and walked from there. Only 8K managed to get there; the Boro squad had to walk from Narborough Road and Knocky ran to the ground from the train station if I recall.

When was the last time we had a (home) game properly postponed? The pitch at the King Power has always been of brilliant standard -it surely must have been at Filbert Street.

5 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

aren’t we pretty much the best club at getting games on in the country? the boro game when knockaert ran half the way from the station cos the roads were well out of action and that game against ipswich (?) that wasn’t gonna be on sky but was on a sunday cos of the rugby but then was on sky cos every other prem game in the league was cancelled. we don’t give a shit. 

Do you mean the Ipswich game where they kept stopping it to clear the lines of snow.

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I was at the Boro game in 2013 as @DB11 remembers; I was stuck on the Belgrave Road Flyover for about an hour, parked at my dad's work near the Phoenix and walked from there. Only 8K managed to get there; the Boro squad had to walk from Narborough Road and Knocky ran to the ground from the train station if I recall.

When was the last time we had a (home) game properly postponed? The pitch at the King Power has always been of brilliant standard -it surely must have been at Filbert Street.

There's been a few I think. When the roof blew off the Holiday Inn and i think one against Villa when the surrounding areas were icy

It will tail off in the next 12 hours. 

Bournemouth is expecting rain this afternoon/evening. The football authorities don’t care if no one turns from their end as along as they get the away team there. 

Here in Brum, it’s not so much the quantity of snow it’s the wind throwing it about. The trains have started badly this morning but Brum to Leicester still running. Leicester is looking clear tomorrow as well 

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It will tail off in the next 12 hours. 

Bournemouth is expecting rain this afternoon/evening. The football authorities don’t care if no one turns from their end as along as they get the away team there. 

Here in Brum, it’s not so much the quantity of snow it’s the wind throwing it about. The trains have started badly this morning but Brum to Leicester still running. Leicester is looking clear tomorrow as well 

Also in Brum. My local line isn't running this morning, so work from home day for me. Meant to be going to the world indoor athletics in town later but the forecast is looking really bad for the rest of the day. Fingers crossed will work out, but don't fancy the long walk home in the snow..!

22 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Also in Brum. My local line isn't running this morning, so work from home day for me. Meant to be going to the world indoor athletics in town later but the forecast is looking really bad for the rest of the day. Fingers crossed will work out, but don't fancy the long walk home in the snow..!

Exactly the same here. Called in work to say wasn’t anything running from my end and now they have a limited service. It’s actually stopped snowing here now and the forecast suggests heavy in the morning, light in the evening.