Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sunny Rhyl Fox

Bournemouth chances of it being postponed ?

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Call it off. We're crap, they always have our number and the poor buggers are snowed in. Let us stay at home and watch films all day.

They're good weather Players,this is our best Chance to get at them...Put the Heating Up in their

Changing room,posters of the warm Bournemouth beach.....Then when they come Out to Play...

we'll Hit em Like a snow-storm,. Mahrez the Blizzard wizzard,Vardy to Drift inside to Score,

Maguire to Hit 'em Like an avalanche,and Kasper to make them sgoal-blind...

1 hour ago, Monsell1976 said:

I live in the city centre virtually, about a couple of inches on the ground ( I am a man, so not man inches, real inches lol ), still snowing, but main roads should be clear by kick off.

Side streets will be the main problem, we are not tv like the boro game, can see this getting postponed 

Its people like you why the country skeeches to a halt after a small snow flurry 

The snowfall has been hell of a lot worse in the north east then here but Middlesbrough still managed to put the game on tonight 

2 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Its people like you why the country skeeches to a halt after a small snow flurry 

The snowfall has been hell of a lot worse in the north east then here but Middlesbrough still managed to put the game on tonight 

Sky. Those Ipswich and Middlesbrough games of ours being on TV were the days I think the authorities lost any credibility when talking about safety.

It's quite bad where I am in Narborough.

To be totally honest I wouldn't be bothered if it got called off.

Only a fool would wake at 5.30, with a bit of a cold, leave the comfort of their home, wait for the notoriously unreliable at the best of times number 13, yes 13 bus from Haverhill to Cambridge, wait for a train and repeat it tonight in reverse armed only with a croissant and a flapjack, an Ipod and the thought of seeing Bournemouths megastars deny us the three points yet again. See you in the Kings head guys - mines a pint of Brovril (bovril with a brandy in it). C'mon three points today!

• Like 4

How are the roads looking in Leicester? Travelling up from the south west today and trying to decide if driving is safe. we had the worst of our snow in bristol a couple of days ago and it's thawing out a bit now, but i know leicester got a decent amount last night. 

I wouldn’t be adverse to it being called off for purely selfish reasons to be honest. My rural village is a snowy shambles at the moment, not looking forward to trying to negotiate the crappy country roads around here to get to the game. 

19 minutes ago, Foxy1984 said:

How are the roads looking in Leicester? Travelling up from the south west today and trying to decide if driving is safe. we had the worst of our snow in bristol a couple of days ago and it's thawing out a bit now, but i know leicester got a decent amount last night. 

Not bad locally, the question I think will be about further afield.

I reckon game on. I won't be moaning about players wearing gloves today though, Longjohns for me!

Guest MattP

We've played games when conditions have been far worse than this, Boro springs to mind.

I think the media are making things worse, wrap up warm, drive carefully and to use an probably outdated phrase - man up.

32 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Only a fool would wake at 5.30, with a bit of a cold, leave the comfort of their home, wait for the notoriously unreliable at the best of times number 13, yes 13 bus from Haverhill to Cambridge, wait for a train and repeat it tonight in reverse armed only with a croissant and a flapjack, an Ipod and the thought of seeing Bournemouths megastars deny us the three points yet again. See you in the Kings head guys - mines a pint of Brovril (bovril with a brandy in it). C'mon three points today!

PLASTIC AND YOU KNOW YOUR ARE

7 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

can't say I'm relishing the idea of being out in the cold for approx. three hours for this tbh.

might stay and home and get blazed in the warm and watch a naughty little stream...

then I might put the football on HAAAAA :mellow:

Less chance of this kind of entertainment glitching than a football one, and lots of availability these days too. 

7 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

People like me, do you know me or my intentions.

At what point me commenting on the sides streets being a problem suggests I won’t be at the game.

Do you think I just know the health and safety world we live in, and know it’s likely the police and other emergency services will do a risk assessment and probably call it off.

Do I think they will take into consideration  the travel dangers for those out of the city, the accessibility for emergency vehicles on poor roads with 32000 extra people in the area, the risk of slipping and the extra pressure put on emergency services.

Like I say I hope it’s on, I don’t like Saturday’s without football, but it’s definitely at risk of being called off.

• Like 1