Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

Name a better option than puel

Just now, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Nothing to do with their massively talented squad... 

Well obviously that goes without saying but he must have done something right to get entrusted with that position, the Belgian FA are probably aware that this year's World Cup will be their best chance for maybe the next 100 years so he's probably not as bad as you're making him out to be. 

1 hour ago, 4everfox said:

I wouldn't go as far as to say he's appalling, he won the FA Cup with Wigan Athletic and nearly qualified Everton for the Champions League. Would be a solid mid table appointment in my opinion. 

Got Wigan Relegated, finished in the bottom half two years running with an Everton squad that was comfortably a top eight squad. My uncle is an Everton season ticket holder and he doesn't have many nice things to say about him. If Everton gave him another season I'm convinced they would have gone down.  

Edited by BenTheFox

On 05/05/2018 at 13:04, MC Prussian said:

We won't repeat the 2015/16 season for a while now, if at all. That has nothing to do with *limited thinking", that's the reality of the Premier League.

And the owners won't continue to spend "big" if our recruitment continues to be flawed or mediocre at best.

We had a fantastic chance of finishing 7th this season, now look at us.

Overall i'm happy though, as I heard Stoke getting relegated and recalled the day 10 years ago when they sent us down to league 1 while themselves going up to prem, I do have a sense of perspective an reality, Recruitment for sure is key, but the top 6 are not as invincible as some seem to be inclined to believe.

Roberto Di Matteo.

Knows the league and Champions League winner.

If the owners are serious about ambition etc, they should think about someone of his trophy achievements. Am quite surprised that he's still available.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Roberto Di Matteo.

Knows the league and Champions League winner.

If the owners are serious about ambition etc, they should think about someone of his trophy achievements. Am quite surprised that he's still available.

Sacked in the Championship, could be just what we need in 2 years?

Edited by HankMarvin

31 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I tell you what, let's just do a top five and make them aspirational but not completely unrealistic. Here's mine:

1) Rafa Benitez

2) Sean Dyche

3) Marco Silva

4) Chris Hughton

5) David Wagner

1. Nigel Pearson

2. Rafa Benitez

3. Brendan Rodgers 

4. Sean Dyche

5. Marcelo Gallardo/Phillip Cocu

The previous appointments by the Thai's are

Sousa
Sven
Pearson
Ranieri
Shakespeare
Puel

It seems when appointing externally, they look for managers with PL experience, and experience of managing abroad. Pearson and Shakespeare were both part of the club already, so I expect if Puel does go (and he probably should), they won't limit themselves to managers currently in the UK but will look for Premier league experience. They also seem to like the 'big name' factor.

Edited by jim5000

6 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I tell you what, let's just do a top five and make them aspirational but not completely unrealistic. Here's mine:

1) Rafa Benitez

2) Sean Dyche

3) Marco Silva

4) Chris Hughton

5) David Wagner

1 - Rafa Benitez

2 - Giovanni Van Bronckhorst

3 - Paulo Bento

4 - Laurent Blanc

5 - Nigel Pearson (with Shakespeare and Walsh) 

Gio Van Bronckhorst is an interesting shout.

Brings through lots of top quality youth, has managed in the champions league, won the eredivise too

Would be a gamble, but an exciting one

Our track record unfortunately suggests we won't go for a foreign manager who hasn't got Prem experience. I find this dishearting as there are definately good options out there. I look at the success southampton have had with pochettino and koeman and just don't see us doing the same. 

14 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Our track record unfortunately suggests we won't go for a foreign manager who hasn't got Prem experience. I find this dishearting as there are definately good options out there. I look at the success southampton have had with pochettino and koeman and just don't see us doing the same. 

They've also had Puel and Pellegrino too. 

On 07/05/2018 at 22:59, Ian Nacho said:

They've also had Puel and Pellegrino too. 

You could argue puel was successfull - 8th and league cup final (which they should of won). I'll admit it's not great to watch as shown with us recently but a top 10 finish in the last 2 seasons in the Prem with 2 different clubs. Granted pellergrino was a mistake as looking at his coaching career it seems he had 1 good season with alaves last season and that was about it. I just think if we researched foreign managers we could get a decent appointment rather than the usual suspects - Big sam, mcarlen and pardew.