Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

Just now, bovril said:

Turner's medium dry cider in the Harp, Cov Garden, during last week's heatwave. Absolutely beautiful. Not sure I'll ever drink ale again.

Excellent pub, excellent choice of cider on tap. That used to be one one my locals when I worked next door on Chandos Place. 

Just now, Unabomber said:

Pint of Wherry currently in Holt

Lots of good ale round there, and some great historic places if that's your bag. Ruined churches abound. 

16 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Excellent pub, excellent choice of cider on tap. That used to be one one my locals when I worked next door on Chandos Place. 

It has a touch of magic that rarely exists in London pubs now, certainly in central London pubs. The crappy portraits, the lack of any food, the narrow staircase. It's not that local for me (20 minute tube ride away) but I try and get there a few times a week.

4 minutes ago, bovril said:

It has a touch of magic that rarely exists in London pubs now, certainly in central London pubs. The crappy portraits, the lack of any food, the narrow staircase. It's not that local for me (20 minute tube ride away) but I try and get there a few times a week.

Agree and disagree - there are still many, many quintessentially quirky London pubs - less so in the West End though. 

Great choice. Almost next door is a Chinese Medicine practitioner. That used to be Addison Lee's courier business. It has an double door entrance and a yard at the side and bikes used to swarm in and out like a hornet's nest. It was like something from Mad Max I. We'd finish at night and pile in the the Harp or the Chandos. I lived in Battersea, so many times I'd abandon the bike in the yard and end up get hammered on Wardour Street in the Ship and the Intrepid Fox and catch the night bus home. 

40 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Think I mentioned before on here but The Giddy Goat beer shop in Sheringham is worth checking out if you're around there.

Nice one I will go at some point this week. Had an Adnams ghost ship with lunch and that was delicious. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PAULCFC said:

Been down to Cornwall the last 2 weeks and this was my go to.Really nice brewery if you are on the north Cornwall coast!

merlin.jpg

Coincidence - just had some of their 'Cornwall's Pride' that my Dad brought back.

Also got some of the Padstow Brewery which was absolutely gorgeous. Maybe the closest I've had to ale poured straight from the barrel, in a bottle. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bovril said:

Coincidence - just had some of their 'Cornwall's Pride' that my Dad brought back.

Also got some of the Padstow Brewery which was absolutely gorgeous. Maybe the closest I've had to ale poured straight from the barrel, in a bottle. 

The Padstow stuff is great, went in their tap room a couple of times in May.

33 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Currently supping on a Soltaire Helles (guest beer of the week at Morrisons). Its good stuff, really refreshing, would go down a treat in hotter weather.

image.png.29121b31cb4f4e61e7432a4ab145e266.png

Had one of these in their tap room the other week never having seen it in the shops. Was lovely. 

• Like 1