Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

2 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Awful manager. Said it day one. If there's a chance to bring Pearson Shakey and Walsh back take it. I want my club back.

I know it cliche but I can’t agree more.

I hate clubs claiming the “[insert club name] way” and I’m not gonna claim that but this isn’t Leicester.

He’s sucking the life out the club, the players and most importantly, the fans.

I want my club back - you’ve nailed it.

I feel quite disillusioned and very disengaged with my club at the moment.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

The owners said when he was hired that they were impressed by his knowledge of our squad and how they felt he could get the best out of them...

Well it's very apparent now after a bunch of games he really doesn't, he simply has to go.

Controversially (bearing in mind Appleton's linked with WBA at the moment) i'd sack him off now and let Appleton take charge till the end of the season, i'd feel more confident that we'd actually go back to trying to win football matches.

The style of football Puel wants isn't going to get the job done for us and I hate the idea of him leading a transfer binge in the summer which could properly go belly-up and truly mess up our team.

Agree with this tbh.

Get a change now and get the season done without Puels shackles on.

Have a decent period of time to get someone new in

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Shhhhh, you’re not allowed to moan remember, it upsets the high horses on here who think you’re beneath them. In all seriousness though, I don’t think there’s much better out there and we would probably fair better once he’s brought in better players. 

I don't trust him to bring in better players and I don't trust him to get us playing good attacking football. I agree that replacing him may be a struggle as I just don't see anyone who would join us being able to take us forward. We already have good players and he isn't utilising them. Yes we have some deadwood and we need some reinforcements but we still have better players than most outside the top 6. The fact he keeps playing Morgan over Dragovic shows he's clueless. 

Still believe with his own players he can do a job, but do I want a season like the last couple of months, been very painful to watch.

Needs to drop players that keep letting him down, **** it play the u23’s until the end of the season, because the first team are clearly already on holiday, and today we blew any chance of Europe, so season is over

With the stadium expansion, new training ground etc - a decent squad already here - we can attract someone like a Rafa Benitez - someone who actually could get the balance right and get us into being competitive again. Puel has shown us the lads can hold possession - but we need a manager who knows we have to do that when 2 or 3 up rather than at nil nil...

It's also becoming like the Mourinho problem at Man Utd - Man Utd are one of, if not the biggest sporting brand in the world - and the way Mourinho sets them up isn't what Man Utd as a club are about. We've become a big name in the sporting world for being, "Fearless" - for the Great Escape, for the championship win - for our clubs commercial success we NEED to play as we are advertised.

He's had glimpses of doing it right, but he's not capable of doing it himself, let's find someone who can before we get in real shit.

Is anyone else thinking he could be a stop gap until the owners get the man they really want in the summer? That fact that they gave him almost nothing to spend on players in the transfer window could be a clue.

Edited by Vestan Pance

6 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Maybe I just don't care that much anymore, but I would still keep Puel and prefer him trying to change how we play than brexit hoofball "let's try the tactic that won us the league 3 years ago despite it not working anymore" that everyone here craves. 

We can't just keep swapping managers. We gave Pearson a lot of time to implement his team and style, even with the playoff season we ****ed and the premier league season where we were doggo until the last few weeks.

It's not about wanting hoof ball back it's about wanting a balance. Watching puel football is like watching England at a tournament. Bloody painful. 

I have lost count the number of games this year where he has consistently and sadly repeatedly made the same shit mistakes in his selections his tactics his subs. He has to be one of the least inspiring managers I have ever seen in the game let alone as Leicester manager. 

Didn't see the game today so maybe I'm less emotional and thinking a bit more rationally that I would be had I seen it, but it's obvious Puel is trying to change our style and while it's pretty poor at the moment, when a manager is attempting a transformation in playing style you've got to give them at least one proper summer transfer window to make the squad their own, and then at least half a season beyond that to see if it works.

• Like 1

As has been said on here, he'd need 3 or 4 windows to get a squad playing the football he wants. I can't see him getting more than 2 to get something working. I'm not sure I have enough faith in his model to completely change the potency we had. Massive gamble that could relegate us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, m4DD0gg said:

It's not about wanting hoof ball back it's about wanting a balance. Watching puel football is like watching England at a tournament. Bloody painful. 

I have lost count the number of games this year where he has consistently and sadly repeatedly made the same shit mistakes in his selections his tactics his subs. He has to be one of the least inspiring managers I have ever seen in the game let alone as Leicester manager. 

How should he have set up today? My problem is they can't actually create chances unless Mahrez is on fire. I doubt Puel goes out and says "i want under 3 shots".  

I dont know. 

Guest ttfn

Puel is trying to revolutionise the football side of the club. 

The club, and by extension us as fans, need to back him or sack him.

At the moment we’re in this extremely frustrating halfway house whereby he has a squad of players wholly unsuited to the style of play he wants to implement.

It shouldn’t be overlooked how difficult it is to come into a new club and change the style of play. I’m sure everybody remembers our problems under Sousa as we tried to evolve away from the “up and at em” style of Pearson’s first spell which resulted in the sack after some humiliating defeats. The same thing happened to Frank de Boer at Crystal Palace. It took Guardiola (widely acknowledged as the greatest manager of his generation) a year  to coach and develop Manchester City into any sort of sustained improvement. In that context, Puel’s relative success in totally changing our style of play and producing what is overall a reasonably positive set of results is actually pretty impressive.

But it’s clear that things can’t continue as they are. As under Ranieri and Shakespeare, teams have worked out how to defend against us and to be honest it looks pretty easy. 2 banks of four, defend deep, 2 men on Mahrez, one man up front. Let Morgan and Simpson have it all they want. 

So the club needs to make a choice. Back or sack. And “back” doesn’t just mean giving him a bit more time. It means committing totally to what he wants to do stylistically. Realistically it means the end for Morgan, for Simpson and for Albrighton, all fantastic servants (and title winners!) but extremely lacking in technical ability by Premier League standards. Given that Morgan allegedly (deservedly?) wields a disproportionate level of influence this could be tumultuous to say the least.

If the club thinks that its more important to “look after” Morgan and co then fine, but in that case Puel’s not the man for the job. Personally I find that extremely dispiriting and short termist.

14 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

Is anyone else thinking he could be a stop gap until the owners get the man they really want in the summer? That fact that they gave him almost nothing to spend on players in the transfer window could be a clue.

How long is his contract, very expensive stop gap

When he was appointed I didn’t want him due to the boring football label.

I was ridiculed by some for that.

Week after week the negative, boring football is defended by some on here, and I know not why; oh yes because he our manager. A manager who is boring is all to death with shit ineffective tactics. 

Simple fact is, I’m not interested in watching boring possession based football even if we finish 8th every season.

He is not the right man for me, nor the club I remain convinced.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ttfn said:

At the moment we’re in this extremely frustrating halfway house whereby he has a squad of players wholly unsuited to the style of play he wants to implement.

It shouldn’t be overlooked how difficult it is to come into a new club and change the style of play. I’m sure everybody remembers our problems under Sousa as we tried to evolve away from the “up and at em” style of Pearson’s first spell which resulted in the sack after some humiliating defeats. The same thing happened to Frank de Boer at Crystal Palace. It took Guardiola (widely acknowledged as the greatest manager of his generation) a year  to coach and develop Manchester City into any sort of sustained improvement. In that context, Puel’s relative success in totally changing our style of play and producing what is overall a reasonably positive set of results is actually pretty impressive.

But it’s clear that things can’t continue as they are. As under Ranieri and Shakespeare, teams have worked out how to defend against us and to be honest it looks pretty easy. 2 banks of four, defend deep, 2 men on Mahrez, one man up front. Let Morgan and Simpson have it all they want. 

So the club needs to make a choice. Back or sack. And “back” doesn’t just mean giving him a bit more time. It means committing totally to what he wants to do stylistically. Realistically it means the end for Morgan, for Simpson and for Albrighton, all fantastic servants (and title winners!) but extremely lacking in technical ability by Premier League standards. Given that Morgan allegedly (deservedly?) wields a disproportionate level of influence this could be tumultuous to say the least.

If the club thinks that its more important to “look after” Morgan and co then fine, but in that case Puel’s not the man for the job. Personally I find that extremely dispiriting and short termist.

Mahrez, Gray, Silva, Iborra, Ndidi, Diabete aren't players that suit the way he wants to play?

And Dragovic? Amartey? Fuchs? He's got loads of players to play the way he wants, he just doesn't pick them.

We have one of the most talented squads i have ever seen at the club so I'm not sure he can blame it on the personnel. Bar a right back and a number he's got everything he needs and even in those positions he's got decent options.

5 minutes ago, ttfn said:

For me we keep changing managers, but the same players, give or take a few miss the flak.

One manager being sacked with roughly the same squad ok, but puel would be the third, maybe it’s time to clear out.

Well that’s my thoughts anyway, puel has his faults, but the players have to hold their hands up.

2 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Mahrez, Gray, Silva, Iborra, Ndidi, Diabete aren't players that suit the way he wants to play?

And Dragovic? Amartey? Fuchs? He's got loads of players to play the way he wants, he just doesn't pick them.

We have one of the most talented squads i have ever seen at the club so I'm not sure he can blame it on the personnel. Bar a right back and a number he's got everything he needs and even in those positions he's got decent options.

This

• Like 1

It’s dull, he’s not getting the best out of the team and we have squandered two great opportunities to get to cup finals and three chances to get into Europe. 

As someone unsure about renewing their ST due to financial and family reasons, it’s hardly encouraging.

Edited by Ricey
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

As has been said on here, he'd need 3 or 4 windows to get a squad playing the football he wants. I can't see him getting more than 2 to get something working. I'm not sure I have enough faith in his model to completely change the potency we had. Massive gamble that could relegate us.

Two more years!

Dont think I could stand the excitement.