Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

9 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I really hope that things behind the scenes are not as bad as the rumours inform you @Abrasive fox. Not doubting your conviction or commitment as a fan whatsoever, but even people close to the club may 'colour in' events - people like gossip, and I hope that's all it is. However, I am sure you report what you report in good faith.

I don't doubt there is colour in the events as I know them. Players are rarely happy, particularly if they're not playing, and the coaching staff are a little put out as he's similar to Ranieri in being quite stubborn.

We will see, my view based on what I see and hear is that it will get a lot more difficult for him when Appleton eventually goes.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

I don't doubt there is colour in the events as I know them. Players are rarely happy, particularly if they're not playing, and the coaching staff are a little put out as he's similar to Ranieri in being quite stubborn.

We will see, my view based on what I see and hear is that it will get a lot more difficult for him when Appleton eventually goes.

Doesn't sound entirely unlikely, sadly, and I can well imagine the stubbornness.

7 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

I seem to remember the Saints fans saying he was stubborn 

18 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Seems to be going okay for Athletico Madrid....

And yes you're misquoting me because you made out I said there were only two good players in our team, which is not the point I'm making. I'll make the point again, Vardy and Mahrez are the difference between us being better than the rest of the sides around us - name two better players from 7th in the league downwards? And it's my opinion that if you took two players out of our side that contribute virtually 50% of our goals we wouldn't be as good - not that hard to understand is it?

Leicester
2017/2018 Goals

Possession: 47.6%

Pass Accuracy: 74%

Atletico Madrid
2017/2018

Possession: 48.4%

Pass Accuracy: 80.3%

I think people have the wrong impression of Atletico. They are just a very well organised/drilled team, that are often compared to Barcelona and Real in terms of possession, due to being the 3rd best club in the league and only likely challengers to them.

They actually still have a higher avg possession than us this season, and this is even with Puel implementing his new possession based style. 

I for one, am really enjoying seeing our players keep the ball so much better. Yes, it can be slow and not very exciting at times, but if Puel can take a side which I thought weren't capable of such football, and implement his style on them so quickly and have a decent amount of success, then I am very optimistic to see what he can do with a handful more quality players who are more used to this approach.

Transfers in the summer will again be key, but he obviously knows how to spot and exciting player as Diabate is looking the real deal already! 

I 100% agree on his interviews though, I have never been able to get through even one of them! 

• Like 3

We're on course to better/equal our highest finish in the Premier League (ignoring the title win, obviously) - personally I feel Puel is the right man to take us forward onto that next level. If we get recruitment right in the summer, then we'll have a great season.

8 hours ago, Babylon said:

How many managers aren't? I've probably heard it about every manager we've ever had, because he's not playing x, y and z player.

You either have faith in your ideas or you don't. I see little wrong with the direction he's trying to take, certain players won't like it as it means the end to their first team chances.

No you're right they all are, the better ones just have an ability to get their way whilst dragging the rest of the team and coaching staff with them.

O'Neill was a great example of this, stubborn as you like but the team around him followed his every word because they believed in him. It's why he's struggled when he's lost his chief side kicks in Robbo and Walford.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I seem to remember the Saints fans saying he was stubborn 

So you dont appreciate,strong characters. It seems you would find it hard too compete with

People who hold their own ideas.

I hope Puel is and stays stubborn,and never selects any of the suggested  ideas from this forum.

We see,hes a Listener but in the end he has to be the descision maker.

I find it weird how many Leicester Fans listen to tickle-tackle, like immature schoolgirls

,then embarrassingly post it here,believing it strengthens their own stolen irrelevant opinions..

10 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

I don't doubt your information, but I'd much rather a stubborn manager than a manager that is a pushover.

Puel is the manager at the end of the day, if he has a vision and a way he wants to play then the players will either need to adapt by being willing to learn or they'll be out the door, which in some cases may not be a bad thing. As a club we need to evolve and I think Puel knows this too.

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

So you dont appreciate,strong characters. It seems you would find it hard too compete with

People who hold their own ideas.

I hope Puel is and stays stubborn,and never selects any of the suggested  ideas from this forum.

We see,hes a Listener but in the end he has to be the descision maker.

I find it weird how many Leicester Fans listen to tickle-tackle, like immature schoolgirls

,then embarrassingly post it here,believing it strengthens their own stolen irrelevant opinions..

Well that told me!

I didn’t say any of that, or that I agree or know anything of the situation myself. I merely said I recall the Saints fans identifying the same trait. You are wildly jumping to conclusions about opinions that I don’t actually hold and have never expressed here.

I actually think he’s doing a good job in very difficult circumstances.

That said, I do think being described as stubborn by different sets of people is mildly worrying. Of course you would expect  all good managers to be forceful characters and have a strong vision of what they want, but you would also expect them to be able to carry those around them. I just hope his vision is one that is beneficial in the long term and that he succeeds.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

On 03/04/2018 at 19:20, Foxxed said:

He's trying to make us play possession football. The key for possession football is quick, incisive, one touch passeses. Quick, incisive, one touch passeses from the defence. We have the unbenchable Wes Morgan and Danny Simpson who take seven ages to control and pass the ball. And in those seven ages the opposition have already stepped three yards closer to all of our players, who have fewer options now, who are now under more pressure, who are now more likely to make a mistake. He doesn't have the players to fully realise his plans.

Ah, those same players you are denigrating that won us the league. Shame on you. we are never going to be a Man city or a top-six side passing or no passing. He with no clout in the footballing world will never be able to attract top players to play the way he envisages. He is a no mark in terms of agents who want to promote their players to join us.  the sooner he is gone the better,

we are as a club bigger and better than the likes of him.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Ah, those same players you are denigrating that won us the league.

Irrelevant - you might not like it, but swift incisive football is not their forte, is it?

11 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

He is a no mark

The irony of someone on here (unless you're a very big talent in your chosen field, and even if you are, it's still twattish) accusing someone who has managed a club to the CL semis, as a no-mark.

• Like 2

On 02/04/2018 at 23:35, ARM1968 said:

So if we won enough games next season with boring 1 nils to secure our 2nd Premier title you wouldn't be happy?

You know what, I would be made up that we'd done so well, but disappointed that the journey wasn't more exciting. Much like I feel now. I'm proud of an 8th/ potentially 7th placed finish, but I haven't been as excited by our games as I was in the great escape season or start of our league winning campaign. 

The balance between entertainment and success is tricky to balance. But the past has proved it can be done. 

• Like 1

I think you've got to be careful what you wish for. I would take finishing 8th this season and next. Under puel we are developing into a good side. It can change very quickly just look at stoke and wba. There's no guarantee someone else would do better. I don't think we are boring or negative to watch. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Well that told me!

I didn’t say any of that, or that I agree or know anything of the situation myself. I merely said I recall the Saints fans identifying the same trait. You are wildly jumping to conclusions about opinions that I don’t actually hold and have never expressed here.

I actually think he’s doing a good job in very difficult circumstances.

That said, I do think being described as stubborn by different sets of people is mildly worrying. Of course you would expect  all good managers to be forceful characters and have a strong vision of what they want, but you would also expect them to be able to carry those around them. I just hope his vision is one that is beneficial in the long term and that he succeeds.

Fair dues,accept my grovelling no matter how stubborn apologies..

I have returned you to my good guy list..:D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

He is the most boring bloke ever I like managers like I like women with a bit of summat about em oi oi

Puel with t#ts and a Fanny,aint the type of manager I would like to follow..