Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

Really pissed off with Puel to be honest, In the last 3 months he's been consistently slow to make positive changes, and constantly too defensive, the football is utterly boring to watch and I'm not really surprised Southampton got rid if this is what they had to endure week in week out, we were warned when he came in, but for the first few games he looked exciting, playing youth and unleashing freedom in the team, now we are as 1 dimensional as we were at the back end of Ranieri. We play decent football at times and create space only to do nothing with it. 

I still want to believe Puel can take us to the next level but right now I'm just seeing boring football and clinging on to the top half solely because of how competitive the league is this season meaning teams below us keep beating eachother. 

How we can set up so negatively at home is literally beyond me. 

FFS Puel change the record before we all fall asleep. If truth be told I would not mind us going out and offering Rafa a quality contract considering the mess at Newcastle over the takeover and seeming refusal for Ashley to spend whilst he tries to flog them. 

Prove me wrong Puel. 

Results blinding so many. Apart from today it seems. Playing poorly and winning keeps people dreaming, but losing and playing poorly wakes you up. We've been bloody awful since this French clown came in. Hoping we aren't going to trust him in the transfer market, get someone else in

• Like 1

Bin this fool. Normally advocate giving managers a pre season and his own players but there's no point with this chap. So slow, so boring, no urgency, no desire to take it to a team, not much to enthuse. Our home performances are pathetic.

Our players are not stupid and they themselves will know that our performances under Puel have been rubbish for a while with the exception of WBA. The players won't be happy and only they know if our form is down to them or the manager or a bit of both. The biggest worry for me is that if it is the manager (which I'm 99% sure it is) then the likes of Ndidi and Maguire may follow Mahrez out the door sooner than we thought if they think that Puel can't take us forward. Maguire and Ndidi won't want to be in a relegation battle next year and it looks like that's what will happen with Puel in charge. Who do we Get to replace him though. Good managers are not easy to find. But our horrible form cannot continue

Get him gone now.

He has for me killed our season totally in cups and now league.

Disgraceful performance today. And all the home games for a long period now 

This is why Southampton fans wanted him gone and quite right so.

Not only do we not score goals at home, but what do the opposition keepers do? Nothing. Don't threaten.

Vardy is a terrific player. The way he comes up with a goal in a game like that where is always isolated is a real feat.

I want Puel gone. Just don't attack any more

• Like 2

Shhhhh, you’re not allowed to moan remember, it upsets the high horses on here who think you’re beneath them. In all seriousness though, I don’t think there’s much better out there and we would probably fair better once he’s brought in better players. 

• Like 2

We're not going to get 7th now as we won't beat Burnley at their place. Nor are we consistent enough to string a good run of wins together. 

I personally feel that he needs to go. The footballs boring. We scored today but other than that I don't think we had a shot on target? 

When we have won we've been bloody lucky. The performances are just not there. 

The owners said when he was hired that they were impressed by his knowledge of our squad and how they felt he could get the best out of them...

Well it's very apparent now after a bunch of games he really doesn't, he simply has to go.

Controversially (bearing in mind Appleton's linked with WBA at the moment) i'd sack him off now and let Appleton take charge till the end of the season, i'd feel more confident that we'd actually go back to trying to win football matches.

The style of football Puel wants isn't going to get the job done for us and I hate the idea of him leading a transfer binge in the summer which could properly go belly-up and truly mess up our team.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

The owners said when he was hired that they were impressed by his knowledge of our squad and how they felt he could get the best out of them...

Well it's very apparent now after a bunch of games he really doesn't, he simply has to go.

Controversially (bearing in mind Appleton's linked with WBA at the moment) i'd sack him off now and let Appleton take charge till the end of the season, i'd feel more confident that we'd actually go back to trying to win football matches.

The style of football Puel wants isn't going to get the job done for us and I hate the idea of him leading a transfer binge in the summer which could properly go belly-up and truly mess up our team.

I was going to say this myself, if they sack him then let Appleton take charge and give themselves a couple of months to take their time and search for a decent manager. 

1 minute ago, KFS said:

Any stattos out there who can prove his record at other clubs? What's he done elsewhere that would get us excited?

He won the league in France.

6 minutes ago, lee7 said:

I was going to say this myself, if they sack him then let Appleton take charge and give themselves a couple of months to take their time and search for a decent manager. 

Absolutely, ultimately our owners want us to be competing in and around the top 4-6 i would guess - Puel's had time and we've got a decent squad here when you compare us to others as well and he's not capable of being the manager to get us there.

He's had flashes of getting it right - adding possession to our game in a balanced way was impressive and what we do need - but now we're dropping our effectiveness in order to be possession based just for the sake of it when we're 0-0 which is beyond daft.

We could and SHOULD have beaten Man City and Chelsea in our respective Cup games - and both games I came away knowing that Puel's decision making had cost us potential trophies. Now he's cost us a chance at Europa League, he's failed simple as.

Edited by TAFKA Castroneves
  • Like 1