Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt_Lcfc

PUEL IN

i think people are just scared of change, but I'm looking forward to this change of style that Puel is trying to do.

reminds me of when Paulo Sousa tried to change the style of football we played, ok that did not work out well but i rate Puel more highly than Sousa.

GIVE PUEL TIME !! Rome wasn't built in a day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

i think people are just scared of change, but I'm looking forward to this change of style that Puel is trying to do.

reminds me of when Paulo Sousa tried to change the style of football we played, ok that did not work out well but i rate Puel more highly than Sousa.

GIVE PUEL TIME !! Rome wasn't built in a day.

Linking Sousa does nothing for your case.

You might have well have said sack him now before we lose to Pompey away in a diabolical disjointed fashion.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Pawson is one of the worst leagues in the ref. People bang about Moss on here but Pawson is as bad, if not worse. Everytime he refs us he favours the opposition.

Can't stand along with Madley, Mike Dean, Jon Moss and Anthony Whatever. But he wasn't that bad yesterday imo. 

29 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Pawson is one of the worst leagues in the ref. People bang about Moss on here but Pawson is as bad, if not worse. Everytime he refs us he favours the opposition.

Can't stand him along with Madley, Mike Dean, Jon Moss and Anthony Whatever. But he wasn't that bad yesterday imo. 

59 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Like all of you I’ve been disappointed with Stoke, Swansea and Bournemouth. In all of those three games we’ve had over 55% possession 

Brilliant, I really hope we win the possession trophy this year!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

Brilliant, I really hope we win the possession trophy this year!

It does make me laugh, I'm sure the majority of this forum took the piss out of Tottenham and the media for spouting this kinda shit, but now, we're all over it! :crylaugh:

Maybe we can do leagues to fit our arguments like Tottenham to make us feel better.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

Played 21 points 31 in the league which is a bit less than you've stated but would still get us 55 points which is enough to be crowned 'best of the rest' most seasons.

This while taking over part way through a season and attempting to transform the way the team plays as well as blooding a couple of youngsters.

He has done well. I don't know what people were expecting.

Before Puel got the job leicester were struggling, Puel has come and IMO doing very well, why all this hate towards him doesn't make sense, 

• Like 1

Joking aside,  I generally maintain that a manager should be given at least a full season. I don't 'hate' Puel and I don't think he should be sacked. I don't think Puel is doing a bad job, but I also don't feel that he's doing a great one.  

We have a good squad, and I'd argue that we're roughly abouts where we should be with the quality of our squad (should be ahead of Burnley but I dunno about Everton). I just think the footballs becoming a little dull, we lack a cutting edge and we're generally impotent at home. My worry is how the results stack up once you take away the "new manager" bounce - which was the same thing I said about Shakespeare. Because (and correct me if I'm wrong - I could very well be) my gut feeling is that most of our better results and performances were near to the start of when Puel took over.

So is it that the exciting, attacking play is just being coached out of the team? I honestly don't know. Needs a bit more time to form a solid conclusion.

Edited by Charl91
  • Like 1

Unbelievable people want Puel out so soon. People expect long term results overnight nowdays.

Just because we go on an average run, not great, not bad, then fail to beat the premier league champions on the FA cup quarter finals, he must go.

How can we expect to build and improve if we just change our manager every couple of months because they don't over achieve in the first few months.

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

You just know who those people who want Puel out would have back in a heartbeat

:pearson:

I say we should stick with 

:claude:

:scarf::scarf::scarf:

I don't want Puel out, I actually think we've been quite fortunate to get him considering our board seem a bit haphazard when appointing managers but I'd still have Pearson back. It's probably heart over head but under Pearson we always felt like we were efficient and had the next few years in mind. However Puel is very much a long term manager too so hopefully we benefit from that.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Wookie said:

I don't want Puel out, I actually think we've been quite fortunate to get him considering our board seem a bit haphazard when appointing managers but I'd still have Pearson back. It's probably heart over head but under Pearson we always felt like we were efficient and had the next few years in mind. However Puel is very much a long term manager too so hopefully we benefit from that.

Oh my....

Anyone on puel’s back when we are sitting 8th in the table just make me laugh ?. As long as we get the results and do well in the league then he’s ok with me. I’m sure Any team down bottom end would love to be where we are now so stop the moaning lol 

I really do not understand some people in our fan base, we're on a poor run at home (even though in 90 minutes we're unbeaten in 3 months at home), considering when Puel took over we were in the bottom three and he's not really had a proper transfer window he's done an excellent job. We're only 3 points away from the best position in the league where we could have realistically aimed for at the start of the season. Did you really expect us to be challenging the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs when Puel came in? Winning the league has definitely messed with the expectations of a number of fans, but not mine. Before this season, two out of the three seasons we've been in the Premier League we could have quite easily got relegated. We need a season or two of mediocracy to rebuild our aging squad which doesn't happen overnight. I can't really see what Puel has done overall to deserve stick, I agree on the odd occasion he's made a strange decision with the lineup, sometimes it's payed off and sometimes it hasn't. We just need to be gradually improving as a club and eventually we will get back into Europe. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Seen a lot on this forum with people saying Puel should go. You’re mad. When we were 17th he took over from Shakespeare, we are 8th and unlucky not to get to the last four in both domestic competitions. Like all of you I’ve been disappointed with Stoke, Swansea and Bournemouth. In all of those three games we’ve had over 55% possession and dominated those games but just lacked product in the final third. A few things to note from yesterday: Simpson pushed up very high and has in a lot of the last few games showing Puel wants attacking full backs , further suggesting we have to give him the summer to make his mark. His man management is always good with Mahrez and Vardy pulling them aside and always looking like he has a strong relationship. I think you saying “Puel out...boring boring” look back into the WBA game when shakespeare was in charge back at the KP (1-1) I recall, we were so lacklustre of ideas. Also, note Puel has Puel has given the most youth chances to players at the club since 2008, which we all like, nurturing our very strong team. I think we all need to get a perspective and give him the rest of this season plus the summer to really show his worth. Also who else would you have in charge?

I don't disagree with Puel in. But I do disagree with forcing players to play roles that require skills they lack. And I reject the narrative that "we just lack quality in the final third." Mate, we have players who cannot shoot taking these precious shots people are suddenly so keen to point to. Teams are happy to let us have players like Chilwell, Simpson, Ndidi, and Albrighton in the final third with the ball at their feet. They want that. They crave it. They know that if they give a bit of space, we'll send off another hopeful shot with no real chance of finding the net, or Albrighton will swing in another hopeful cross that finds nothing but the opposing CBs.

Puel likes negative football. He wants to play with 3 genuine attacking players, and then supplement the attack with our defensive players. Just look at the line-ups he moved to the last ten games until West Brom, when he finally put out 4 attacking players. But we lack the sort of attacking FBs and MFs to do that. Simpson is not an attacking player. Neither is Chilwell, despite the endless pretending he is really good attacking and suspect defending -- no lads, he is an adequate defender who can also take the ball out the back so as to pass to someone more capable down the field, but he hasn't the first clue re scoring goals in the Prem. 

So yeah, I don't think Puel warrants plaudits for failing to tailor the system to the talent he has and forcing the team.to underperform with Europe on the line in the Prem. He has been needlessly stubborn, and is repeating mistakes unnecessarily.

That said, if we are going to bring in two new attacking FBs to replace what we have, and a new attacking wing who can defend a good bit more than Riyad, then Claude is the right man. He has a great deal to recommend him, especially his proven program-building ability and his desire to teach and play our younger assets. 

But let's not kid ourselves. He hasn't done a good job lately. Not at all. Not even close. And we have seriously underperformed and quite possibly lost Europa as a consequence.

• Like 1

We tend to have shorter manager tenures than most clubs so it's ingrained within us now to want the manager out. Puel's working with two outstanding players, a few decent ones but also quite an unbalanced squad that's primarily built to play in a way which isn't that sustainable for us nowadays. Puel is a long term manager so he needs time.

The table since he took charge (Everton having played a game more but only a single point ahead), its frustrating that we didn't beat one of Stoke, Swansea or Bournemouth but we created more than enough chances and conceded goals that we were unlucky to concede.

5ab07f3fbfda9_ScreenShot2018-03-20at03_25_13.thumb.png.62e35673fb7d8993c5fd53deb0d8a067.png

Edited by Wookie
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Webbo said:

I've never called for him to be sacked but I'm seriously unimpressed with him. We've struggled at home against poor teams and we play ponderous, boring football. I don't believe we're improving at all. 

If his system and tactics start to work on a regular basis and not just in one off matches now and again I'll hold my hands up and admit I was wrong but I don't think he'll be here this time next year.

Exactly my thoughts too  

Look i I know we won’t win the league again everything clicked the year we won the title and it’s very unlikely anyone will do it again I get that

i do believe we should be best of the rest with the attendances the profits we have made and the media attention we get 

this season since Claude took over has been like watching paint dry I recall two possibly 3 games where I was excited to watch it

He lacks charisma and the ability to get plays up and the team selections sometimes leave us all baffled but he picks the team for a reason and we get that (what the hell was he doing against Man City in the cup I’ll never know)

just lately it has been so boring I’ve considered having a rest from the game; I do wonder if because we have hit the top and now it’s all down hill I wonder if that’s why the stadium is flat every week and I have started to lose interest (I’ve had a season ticket since 91 before people think I am a plastic fan) but I am a fox and I’ll never quit! 

The recruitment has been woeful since Shinji and Ngolo were signed in the Summer of 16, take out Wilfred and Harry and we have blown millions (over £100m) to be a mid table side at best, players so poor they don’t even make the bench and no one has been taken to task over it. 

I love my team, love my club and am proud to say I am a fan when people ask who I support, I just hope that someday something clicks and we all get reenergised because the KP once a fortress is now a place to come and pick up a point.

Arsenal are now picking up so i can’t see the excitement of a fight for 6th happening now but we can still hope ?6 points in the next two games and the passion may return 

12 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

so the question becomes, do we stick and accept averagness or twist in the hope for something more.

We're 8th, on a regular basis 7th is about what a club with our budget should be expecting. Unless the owners pump in their own money, achieving anything more over sustained period just won't happen.

People keep acting like we're not scoring as well, we've scored 45 goals, the best outside the top 6. The nearest is Watford with 6 less... and in context Chelsea have only scored 7 more than us. United in second only 13 more and they've spent how many hundreds of millions on attacking talent?

Sure we need to work on creating better chances from the great positions we get ourselves in and we need to try and get others than just Vardy to take the chances we are creating. The speed of decision making needs to pick up a little as well, but we're getting a lot of stuff right still... Just look at the table below us.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Like all of you I’ve been disappointed with Stoke, Swansea and Bournemouth. In all of those three games we’ve had over 55% possession and dominated those games

I really think the possession stat is the most irrelevant stat going, as we proved when we won the league, I would like us to be a little less conservative especially at home, and a little more incisive with our passing, speed it up a bit basically, 

The problem Puel has is that people see our boring dull approach as a direct reflection of his personality. 

• Like 1