Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheLittleBigMan

Fans perspective

Agree - I keep saying the fans making these negative comments can’t have supported Leicester for very long. It’s not long ago we were a struggling championship team, pre Pearson. Have people forgotten the Kelly, Levein etc period! This is a great time to be a Leicester fan. 

• Like 2

It’s frustration as fans can see what is achievable with real desire and concentration. Both of these now sadly lacking.

once everyone realises that the super human effort of 15/16 isn’t ever going to be reproduced by our players then reality will set in and challenging for final Europa league place /Dom cups will be the target in the distance rather than a ‘divine right’. 

• Like 2

Ahhhh.....just what I've been looking for, a positive post. :)

I've stayed away from FT and its Schizophrenic posters (if the cap fits...) since the Chelsea game, I really couldn't handle all of the depression deep joy and positvely being negate that I knew would be there for the rest of Sunday and Monday, I even considered reading some of the posts on the Name this Leicester Team thread.

....we are in a good place at the moment, it's just that Puel needs to find the right fit for players we have and bring in a couple of new lads during the Summer. I hope we see him trying a couple of the u23's that have been doing well, particularly Hughes, Thomas and Johnson.

• Like 2

Negative energy is the norm on here , so little respect for counter discussion , I feel overall that this forum is actually a very poor measure of the general fan’s perspective of the season 

I’m delighted how things have gone , and I’d be happy with this year in year out with   The odd cup win and the odd trip to Europe 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

I'm really struggling to understand the amount of negativity/questioning coming from so many fans as to where our club is currently at. We are 8th in the league, have reached 2 qtr finals and are challenging for a eruopa league spot. That to me is absolutely brilliant. Am I the only one who's lost here? Can someone please explain to me how on earth that's not good enough.

2016. That's all some people compare anything to now.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, roblcfc84 said:

Agree - I keep saying the fans making these negative comments can’t have supported Leicester for very long. It’s not long ago we were a struggling championship team, pre Pearson. Have people forgotten the Kelly, Levein etc period! This is a great time to be a Leicester fan. 

Most are really Liverpool fans who came back for the good time 

• Haha 1

Basically, some of our ‘fans’ have turned into spoilt brats since winning the league, with ridiculously high expectations. On the flip side, the summer of 2016 was a disaster transfer wise ( we had a great chance to bring in far better players on the back of being champions ) and has been pretty poor since. I’m more disappointed with recruitment than our league position. 

• Like 2

I think a lot of it is frustration. We’re doing well but we did blow the chance we had to kick in and do even better. When you consider where we stand in the rich leagues etc, I think fans do have the right to expect a little more. Remember, we are behind Burnley.

Yes we’ve seen some sh*t times but more recently we have won the league and hit record profits. The ‘we were in league 1 a few seasons ago’ mentally will never see us move forward.

Edited by NeilLCFC

9 minutes ago, NeilLCFC said:

I think a lot of it is frustration. We’re doing well but we did blow the chance we had to kick in and do even better. When you consider where we stand in the rich leagues etc, I think fans do have the right to expect a little more. Remember, we are behind Burnley.

This is it for me! I'm over the moon that we are in the position we are and I feel we will get above Burnley to finish in 7th and get Europa. What I find frustrating is the way in which we now go about games, when CP came in we still had the ethos to attack the opposition at every opportunity. CPs possession based football is not good to watch and we have stopped the exciting attacking football the Leicester fans have become accustomed to, we are obviously in a transition period with the new manager wanting to get the players playing his way. I'm not going to lie, I'm currently not a fan but I'm willing to give CP the time to get his players in and see what difference that makes. 

• Like 1

We've punched above our weight in one way or another for the last 4 seasons. I think a lot of fans are finding it frustrating this season that there isn't much to get really excited about. We've had Championship promotion, followed by the return to the Premier League and ultimate great escape, the Premier League winning season and finally the Champions League. This season feels flat.

Add to the fact that most of us believe we aren't reaching close to our current potential and it equates to a lot of negativity.

Edited by Ricey
  • Like 2

Nothing wrong with 8/7th as far as I'm concerned. But I do think the moaning is more about frustration than actual complaining.

We could so easily be sat safe in 6th spot. And let's be honest we are so lucky to still be 8th the run we've had.

Also I think we can all agree some of the team selections are baffling. That and we don't seem to start playing until we are a goal down.

I'm not saying the moaning is right but I can see why some are moaning.

• Like 2

it’s a tough one. on the one hand if you take a step back, 8th, two quarter finals and a good shot at the europa league is a great season. but a lot of our performances have been rubbish, and if you go into more detail we should definitely be higher than 8th and should definitely have got past at least one quarter final. 

sure if you compare just the final stats in about 4 years time we’ll say yeah this was a strong season, but when you get in amongst it and analyse it week on week like we are, it’s disappointing. 

I think a lot of it has to do with Puel's character. If he was a Klopp, Ranieri or even Mourinho style manager with a bit of personality then he'd be afforded a lot more patience than he is currently being.

There's no connection between fans and manager - this is the first time I've ever known a Leicester crowd not have a chant referencing their manager - and that leads people to scrutinise more closely than they otherwise would.

On the face of it, 8th and a couple of decent cup runs is good. When you dig deeper you see a massive opportunity missed to be well set in 7th or even 6th (especially given the dross outside of the top 5). And in the cups you see a couple of questionable team selections in two massive games which didn't go our way.

• Like 3

Anybody who has watched Elvis Hammond, experienced Martin Allen, applauded Trevor Benjamin (ffs), forgettable Hungarians, will understand just how good these days are.....Glory days indeed.....we have improved, spend more, but so have every club, bar Burnley above us, and many, many below  us....can't wait for Newcastle.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

On the flip side, the summer of 2016 was a disaster transfer wise ( we had a great chance to bring in far better players on the back of being champions ) and has been pretty poor since. I’m more disappointed with recruitment than our league position. 

Seen a lot of people say this, not quite sure I understand. Summer 2016 was awful but our recruitment has been excellent since Macia arrived.

Edited by brucey

13 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I think a lot of it has to do with Puel's character. If he was a Klopp, Ranieri or even Mourinho style manager with a bit of personality then he'd be afforded a lot more patience than he is currently being.

There's no connection between fans and manager - this is the first time I've ever known a Leicester crowd not have a chant referencing their manager - and that leads people to scrutinise more closely than they otherwise would.

On the face of it, 8th and a couple of decent cup runs is good. When you dig deeper you see a massive opportunity missed to be well set in 7th or even 6th (especially given the dross outside of the top 5). And in the cups you see a couple of questionable team selections in two massive games which didn't go our way.

Have to agree.

A concern was that Puel wasn't well suited to us. I don't think he's put those fears to bed yet. After winning the league playing tenacious, 100 mile-an-hour, counter attacking football, I think this current set of fans will forever crave that from now on. I'm not sure slow, possession based football is every going to be popular with the fans unless it brings obvious success from the get-go.

We've been watching a great period for the club, from promotion to winning the league to now.

This season we're currently 8th in the league and played in the quarter finals of both major domestic trophies. The manager currently in charge did not assemble this squad, he's working with it. We play better football under him than we did under the previous manager.

Give Puel a full transfer window and the money we've got so he can get his players in to suit his style. And then I'll judge. 

• Like 3