Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheLittleBigMan

Fans perspective

5 hours ago, browniefox said:

This is it for me! I'm over the moon that we are in the position we are and I feel we will get above Burnley to finish in 7th and get Europa. What I find frustrating is the way in which we now go about games, when CP came in we still had the ethos to attack the opposition at every opportunity. CPs possession based football is not good to watch and we have stopped the exciting attacking football the Leicester fans have become accustomed to, we are obviously in a transition period with the new manager wanting to get the players playing his way. I'm not going to lie, I'm currently not a fan but I'm willing to give CP the time to get his players in and see what difference that makes. 

Selective memory. Watch the games under Shakespeare or Ranieri II again, I'm sure you'll sing another song. Aside from his manager bounce and the CL games, we were shit, set-up to not lose and attacking football didn't belong to the menu. Just watch his last games against WBA or Bournemouth.

I swear, Soton fans wrongly labelled him as boring and this cancerous idea has thrived in lot of heads here to the point where unless we trash every team outside the top 6 with at least 3 goals difference, Puel'll be bashed anyway

• Like 3

If someone could find and put some footage of the Harlow FA cup replay on this thread, it may put things into perspective.  Driving home that night I really wanted to end it all.  Good job the internet did not exist back then.

• Like 1

It took a sacking to get the show on the road this season and the sides we picked in the two cups, Chelsea aside, were hardly statements that we were going flat out for them either. So, having dug deep in the Transfer Market, I'm pretty sure the Owners on reflection will be a slightly disappointed overall. And if they do feel like that then why can't we as fans? It's not being negative, it's having realistic aspirations for Leicester City's new found status.

Edited by l444ry

2 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I think a lot of it has to do with Puel's character. If he was a Klopp, Ranieri or even Mourinho style manager with a bit of personality then he'd be afforded a lot more patience than he is currently being.

There's no connection between fans and manager - this is the first time I've ever known a Leicester crowd not have a chant referencing their manager - and that leads people to scrutinise more closely than they otherwise would.

On the face of it, 8th and a couple of decent cup runs is good. When you dig deeper you see a massive opportunity missed to be well set in 7th or even 6th (especially given the dross outside of the top 5). And in the cups you see a couple of questionable team selections in two massive games which didn't go our way.

Well thats Your opinion in Puel, but please dont make it out to be Others..

Plus automatically putting the other Teams down has dross....sums These type of Posts Up really.

Your selections of course would be better.....

Fans Perspective hey..!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

Moaning is just a Football Fans thing isn't it,go on any other clubs forum and it exactly the same as ours.I find myself having a moan now and again (not playing strongest team against Man City in Cup) then I think back to Winning the league and just start smiling again.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

2016. That's all some people compare anything to now.

...really not the case, at least for me. There is no reason why people can't be happy with where we are at the moment, 10 years ago we would be absolutely elated to be in this position.

Time has moved on, the game has not so much evolved but has become somewhat generic as you can see how close it has become in the premiership bottom half. The fact that we are in this position and not pulling out all the stops to go as far I as we can is a worry and I really do not see a team focused and determined at all cost to achieve 7th place. 

As a matter of perspective Burnley are in 7th (seventh!!!) and look comfortable in that position. The reason why some people are not satisfied is due to aspiration and  for me, not a sense of entitlement!!!

There's no question that our fans expect way too much, but when you weigh it up - I don't think this season hasn't actually been that great. 

Similarly to Southampton finishing 8th last year, we're only where we are because the teams behind us are dross. On our day, I'm convinced that we're the "best of the rest" and if we finish 7th, we'll have done so on merit. Having said that, great games/moments have been few and far between. Generally, the cups have been only ok, despite making the quarters in both (and beating Liverpool in one). 

Standout moments from this year are few and far between. Off the top of my head, I can think of beating Spurs, Maguire's equaliser against Man Utd and Vardy's equaliser on Sunday. Of course there have been a few cracking away wins too. After the league win and Champions League journey, this year will pale in comparison, depsite us being a pretty decent side still.

The whole match day "experience" just isn't the same anymore and that's not necessarily Puel's or the team's fault. There's just a general feeling of apathy in the stands now, even though we've got a really good shot of coming 7th and getting into Europe again, it's crazy. We've been spoilt and I actually would've taken a mid-table finish, after the rollercoaster of last season.

Anyway, back on subject - we should absolutely give Puel time and money to properly build a good Leicester side.

Edited by RonnieTodger

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...really not the case, at least for me. There is no reason why people can't be happy with where we are at the moment, 10 years ago we would be absolutely elated to be in this position.

Time has moved on, the game has not so much evolved but has become somewhat generic as you can see how close it has become in the premiership bottom half. The fact that we are in this position and not pulling out all the stops to go as far I as we can is a worry and I really do not see a team focused and determined at all cost to achieve 7th place. 

As a matter of perspective Burnley are in 7th (seventh!!!) and look comfortable in that position. The reason why some people are not satisfied is due to aspiration and  for me, not a sense of entitlement!!!

Yeah, I don't disagree with much of that but it won't be the end of the world for me if we don't finish 7th - the biggest disappointment of the season came on Sunday night. At the end of the day we're still a pretty dysfunctional club on our third manager in the past year and I think to come through all that and still be pushing for Europe is pretty bloody good going. It certainly doesn't warrant some of the complete meltdowns and descriptions like "turgid" or suchlike you see on here from time to time.

People need to get a grip and realise that while it's good to have ambition (which we do have as a club by the way compared to a lot of the also-rans in the league who are now staring relegation in the face after years of being satisfied to just take the Premier League Pound), it's not always going to work out. Some need to be careful what they wish for.

• Like 1

Most of your players have a title-winning medal from 2015/16, so it is unrealistic to expect the likes of Mahrez and Vardy being that bothered about finishing 6th, 7th or 8th.

An FA Cup winners' medal yes......but what is so special about a Europa League place for a player when they have reached the knock-out stages of the Champions League?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Most of your players have a title-winning medal from 2015/16, so it is unrealistic to expect the likes of Mahrez and Vardy being that bothered about finishing 6th, 7th or 8th.

An FA Cup winners' medal yes......but what is so special about a Europa League place for a player when they have reached the knock-out stages of the Champions League?

Don't think it works like that buddy. Medals are earned, you don't get one by just showing up off the back of a previous win. It shouldn't be that their not bothered, more they should be disappointed and hungry to do better. That's how you win one in the first place. It's all about perspective :thumbup:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brucey said:

Seen a lot of people say this, not quite sure I understand. Summer 2016 was awful but our recruitment has been excellent since Macia arrived.

McGuire, N’didi have been excellent, totally agree, Diabate looks a prospect, but l reckon the jury’s out on a few, Silva, Iborra, lheanacho, and back up to Kasper. I’m sure Puel will address this in the summer, he’s shipped out some of the dead wood ( albeit on loan ) already. 

Makes me laugh when people say we should be beating the teams below us as if we have a right as former premier champs. We have no right at all any team can beat any other on there day and fact we are in 8 with a chance of Europe should make you all happy. But know you moaning idiots always want more it’s a joke ?

20 hours ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

I'm really struggling to understand the amount of negativity/questioning coming from so many fans as to where our club is currently at. We are 8th in the league, have reached 2 qtr finals and are challenging for a eruopa league spot. That to me is absolutely brilliant. Am I the only one who's lost here? Can someone please explain to me how on earth that's not good enough.

I think it is more about how we've found ourselves in 8th.

Having won the league we have not managed to upgrade a single player. I'm not talking the likes of Kante, Mahrez or Vardy, I'm referring to the squad. Danny Simpson hasn't been replaced, Fuchs (in the short term) has been downgraded with Chilwell, we still have no back up goalie, we've spent the best part of £80m and Okazaki is still our second best striker, after 2 and a half years we still haven't sorted out midfield and our defensive solidity is gone.

We're in 8th not because we've played well, but because there are genuinely 12 other abysmal sides. We've never known financial investment like we've seen these past two years and nearly all our big money signings have been unqualified failures.

Edited by fleckneymike

Expectations have gone up massivley since we won the league.  

I can only speak for myself, my opinions tend to be lead by frustration on match days because I know we can do better.  However in general, I think there is room for improvement and look forward to see if Puel is the guy.

It’s a mixture of emotions for me, the usual rollercoaster, of ups downs and what might of been.

In hindsight, after Shakys departure and poor football, for Puel to come in and try and get this bunch of players to change to a style of play they are not used to. And get to two quarter finals (both were winnable) and currently in the top 8 I wouldn’t have complained at all.

Going into next season. We have an aging squad in certain areas with a mixture of players not good enough or can’t adapt to the new style of play....I feel we will have a transitional summer with a fair few players hitting the exit and players incoming who will fit into Puels possession football (hopefully at the right price).

Given time and patience, Puel will get things right and cement us even more into a regular top 10 team.

These last remaining weeks of the season we will more that likely see a few more players gettingg game time before he decides if some players have a long term future at the club.

I would say there are a few starting positions for grabs, and Puel knows his targets next season, but is giving the players every opportunity to prove they are worthy of a starting spot before he gives his targets list to Top/Mercia etc.

Greetings from Chicago, IL, from one of the millions of bandwagon fans around the globe who have been watching the Leicester phenomenon from a distance. Maybe this is futile, but here's a reminder that the big picture is bright: Puel made real progress this season developing a better style of play at Leicester and did it without risking their safety in the Premiere League. They are also now one of the 20 richest clubs in the world and the one of most profitable in the Premiere League. The transfer kitty for next summer is rumored to be north of 100 million. From a distance, it looks like we are witnessing the birth of the next big club. For those of you fortunate to be able to go to the games please think positive since this is only going to work if the fans are out there cheering.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fleckneymike said:

I think it is more about how we've found ourselves in 8th.

Having won the league we have not managed to upgrade a single player. I'm not talking the likes of Kante, Mahrez or Vardy, I'm referring to the squad. Danny Simpson hasn't been replaced, Fuchs (in the short term) has been downgraded with Chilwell, we still have no back up goalie, we've spent the best part of £80m and Okazaki is still our second best striker, after 2 and a half years we still haven't sorted out midfield and our defensive solidity is gone.

We're in 8th not because we've played well, but because there are genuinely 12 other abysmal sides. We've never known financial investment like we've seen these past two years and nearly all our big money signings have been unqualified failures.

Good post. I don't disagree with most of it. What I would say is the time frame for our current success is tiny. The league title doesn't define where our club is. Outside of the league title, where our team clearly played beyond even their own expectations (pushed by us may I say), we have been the same Leicester city of old. We're right there in terms of being established but forget competing with the top 6 just for a second. We're good, but we're not there just yet. These expectations don't feel realistic to me. 

Up the foxes.

6 hours ago, Pete from the USA said:

Greetings from Chicago, IL, from one of the millions of bandwagon fans around the globe who have been watching the Leicester phenomenon from a distance. Maybe this is futile, but here's a reminder that the big picture is bright: Puel made real progress this season developing a better style of play at Leicester and did it without risking their safety in the Premiere League. They are also now one of the 20 richest clubs in the world and the one of most profitable in the Premiere League. The transfer kitty for next summer is rumored to be north of 100 million. From a distance, it looks like we are witnessing the birth of the next big club. For those of you fortunate to be able to go to the games please think positive since this is only going to work if the fans are out there cheering.

Good positivity... and i am hoping things push on from here.

The shoots that will show that progress are awaited.

What would good signs be?

On the pitch puel has to convert posession into chances and goals.

Off the pitch we have to spend more wisely... we have wasted money on slim..musa... mendy..  nacho

We have to build a squad of players able to play top six football. ..no one with a poor first touch should be hired as the first touch buys time in the pl. 

Finally..puel has to analyse his own assumptions and decisions so that he is objective and removes biases 

Edited by foxinsocks

As a club we are not used to boring league finishes in the top flight. Since my first game in 1978 it seems most seasons had something going on good and bad, I would be perfectly happy with top 10 finishes and cup runs until we inevitably appoint a dud and get relegated. Being best of the rest is realistic, as long as we don’t just accept mid table. Plus we will generally see some of the best players in the world at the KP. 

I orefer that that than where we was 10 years ago not being able to beat the likes of Colchester on our way to league 1!

17 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

There's no question that our fans expect way too much, but when you weigh it up - I don't think this season hasn't actually been that great. 

Similarly to Southampton finishing 8th last year, we're only where we are because the teams behind us are dross. On our day, I'm convinced that we're the "best of the rest" and if we finish 7th, we'll have done so on merit. Having said that, great games/moments have been few and far between. Generally, the cups have been only ok, despite making the quarters in both (and beating Liverpool in one). 

Standout moments from this year are few and far between. Off the top of my head, I can think of beating Spurs, Maguire's equaliser against Man Utd and Vardy's equaliser on Sunday. Of course there have been a few cracking away wins too. After the league win and Champions League journey, this year will pale in comparison, depsite us being a pretty decent side still.

The whole match day "experience" just isn't the same anymore and that's not necessarily Puel's or the team's fault. There's just a general feeling of apathy in the stands now, even though we've got a really good shot of coming 7th and getting into Europe again, it's crazy. We've been spoilt and I actually would've taken a mid-table finish, after the rollercoaster of last season.

Anyway, back on subject - we should absolutely give Puel time and money to properly build a good Leicester side.

This is a big factor I think. Perhaps not helped by the type of manager Puel is.

If we can qualify for Europe next season, I think we'll see a change for the good in this regard. Some positive transfers that fit Puel's system and I think the fans will be much more invested and excited about next season compared to how we felt about this season.

I don't see why there's this assumption that the general mood on here or amongst the fanbase in general is "negative".

At present, we're in a fantastic position in the Best Football League in the World©, with loads of money on the side, a stadium expansion in sight, a talented squad at our hands and many players from the league winning season still on our books. We've never had it so good on so many different levels, the 2015-16 season aside.

I think it's more frustration stemming from the fact that we've apparently got so many things working in our favour right now and still seem to blow it on a regular basis (under Puel) that makes for a rather sad watch on the pitch.

You can call it a transition period, as we need to aim at building something longer-lasting and this summer will be very telling. Morgan, Huth, Fuchs are all nearing the end of their respective career, we have a 33-year old goalkeeper on our books who doesn't play, Simpson's now 31, Okazaki will be 32 next month, there's the everlasting questions regarding Mahrez' commitment, Benalouane might be looking elsewhere in the summer, Slimani (30 in June) and Ulloa (32 in July) may leave for good.

Andy King returns from his loan spell at Swansea this summer.

I think Mendy will be sold back to France and Kapustka told to look elsewhere (SC Freiburg aren't overly impressed with the Cabbage).

Personally, I'd rather see the better end of Ahmed Musa in June/July. He should return to Russia and play for CSKA again.

That leaves 23-year old Callum Elder, who's performing rather well at Wigan and Elliott Moore (21) at OH Leuven who's doing a steady job in Belgium's Second Division.

We should aim at building a squad around our central midfield, centre-backs and Vardy in case Mahrez leaves. Next season ought to be Silva's big one, with either Iborra or Ndidi behind him.

Lots of work ahead. The future can be brighter, but I do hope the management make the right tactical decisions with regards to the squad.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Well thats Your opinion in Puel, but please dont make it out to be Others..

Plus automatically putting the other Teams down has dross....sums These type of Posts Up really.

Your selections of course would be better.....

Fans Perspective hey..!!!

Not really sure where when I started a post 'I think' I made my opinion out to be that of others... :blink:

Oh and if Everton, Newcastle, Watford and Bournemouth have been world beaters this year then I must have missed that?! So I'd say that describing the rest of the league as 'dross' this year outside of the top 5 is actually pretty accurate and a fair assessment (just 15 points separates 7th and the relegation zone as things stand).

And who's to say that a fans' team selection wouldn't be better than some of the ones Puel has put out? Most on here would have played what's widely considered our strongest team against City in the cup but Puel's rotational team with fringe players in it was the better selection for a quarter-final was it?

4 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Not really sure where when I started a post 'I think' I made my opinion out to be that of others... :blink:

Oh and if Everton, Newcastle, Watford and Bournemouth have been world beaters this year then I must have missed that?! So I'd say that describing the rest of the league as 'dross' this year outside of the top 5 is actually pretty accurate and a fair assessment (just 15 points separates 7th and the relegation zone as things stand).

And who's to say that a fans' team selection wouldn't be better than some of the ones Puel has put out? Most on here would have played what's widely considered our strongest team against City in the cup but Puel's rotational team with fringe players in it was the better selection for a quarter-final was it?

Which Fringe Players...?? 

So a  Major dross-calculation,is how many Points seperate Europe Position from Relegation....OK!!

All Players in the MC-qf,had quite a few games,and runs in the 1st Team. 

If you dont Like our Squad,say so!!  Dont Blame Puel, he had/has a mandate,it does not have to follow

the odd one or two forum-posters ideas of Automatic choice,or obvious selection/Formation/tactics.

World-beaters!! Every little gem of a Poster,expects every Team,to Keep an high Level of Form,and

Performance. I dont Know one League,where that Happens,how many varying Points are accumalated,

is definetly no marker.Is a League great because one Team runs away with it,is It better when

the bottom half Clubs get good Results,with fair Performances.

I am an old man,but Not a grumpy,I enjoy all the twists and Turns,that the Game Football gives us,

I Look positive towards Life,and Refuse to Join the Blame culture,on this Forum.

Sometimes,we are good/Bad/lousy/excellent,during any given season/period,

being miserable about it,doesnt Change,the Pattern of Football,or any sport,neither

our lives...

Edited by fuchsntf