Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mannyzlcfc

James Maddison

Very impressed with the highlight reel. Never seen him play before. Has an unreal first touch and when he does release the ball quickly it has lovely pace on it. He also appears excellent at finding space in tight situations and has a cracking burst of speed over the first five yards,  I think Vards is going to love running onto passes from him. If he is a level headed and mature as people say then this kid will be a fantastic signing for us. In many ways LCFC will be the perfect place for him to make the step up. Only negative I can see is his tendency to let defenders get too close to him before releasing the ball sometimes. It’s going to get him some pretty nasty tackles especially when he’s showboating which you can see he has a tendency to do. I see why he’s being tipped to play for England. Dare I say it but there is a little bit of the aura of a young David Beckham in some of his moves. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Hitesh said:

He's going to Everton or another unnamed Premier league club which I've been told is not us as they've met the fee demanded from Norwich. 

Maybe so but surely the player has a say in where he goes ??

Everton dont make much sense to me as they have siggurdsson in that creative area.  could be one of the top six teams and he is happy to be a squad player there. 

This is exciting. Good post from the Norwich fan on the page before. Sounds exactly what we need.

Puel goes up in my estimations if his first two signings are a CAM and attacking RB. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Walkers said:

Howcome people are keen to spend 20m on him when he's more or less only came to light this season but not so on Grealish?

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/113069/History/Jack-Grealish

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/137015/History/James-Maddison

Maddison has better stats despite playing fewer seasons than Grealish and is a year younger. Maddison looks the better buy to me.

si

12 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He'll have a few poor games and get slated just like all of our young players do on here.

similar with puel.  Getting judged on having no real transfer window or the fact half the team wasnt good enough.  Just puel out,puel out.  Everyone players and managers need time to be judged. Going by Diabate and ricardo we might be onto something.  Id suggest we could do with one experienced calibre player rather that two more youngsters to add to the vast amount we have already.  Id take Maddison and not both. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

si

similar with puel.  Getting judged on having no real transfer window or the fact half the team wasnt good enough.  Just puel out,puel out.  Everyone players and managers need time to be judged. Going by Diabate and ricardo we might be onto something.  Id suggest we could do with one experienced calibre player rather that two more youngsters to add to the vast amount we have already.  Id take Maddison and not both. 

Agree. I like to give managers a transfer window to see what they can do with their players. Puel trying to play football with players that can't, aside from a couple. 

4 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

si

Well, he was stubborn enough to cram the players that we have into a system they weren't not accustomed to and persisted with it and some dubious personnel choices for months when we were in contention for a fantastic 7th place in the table, even though ultimately his experiments led us nowhere but down in the standings.

But then again, that's just my two cents.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ncfc123 said:

Hi everyone, Norwich fan here in peace just thought I'd give you a bit of info about James Maddison. Our main journalist has tweeted that the deal now is agreed between our two clubs its just a case now of you moving Mahrez on. Think it's only a matter of time before this move happens as he's always very reliable (our local journo that is, no idea how reliable Mahrez is on Norwich City related transfer news).

Maddison has been an absolute revelation here this season. Before the season started Norwich fans were excited about the prospect of him getting more game-time, as he'd only been involved sporadically in the 18 months or so since we signed him from Coventry, and for half a season he was even inexplicably loaned out to Aberdeen by Alex Neil who had started to lose the plot. Scotland was too easy for him to be honest but in the handful of games he had played for us before last season you could see he had ability. He got his chance a bit fortuitously to be fair, due to Pritchard and Hoolahan, our main attacking midfielders, being out injured, and Steven Naismith being a fat Scottish ****. But once he got his chance he grabbed it with both hands, and without him this season we would've almost certainly been in a relegation scrap.

He's an attacking midfielder, and when he's played on the wing this season he's been pretty much anonymous, so if you're planning on putting him straight in on the right hand side where Mahrez played then it won't work. Play him as a CAM though and I'm sure he'll be a very good player for you. He likes to come deep to collect the ball and then look to either make a forward pass or drive into the opposition half with pace. You can tell at times he's been frustrated this season because he'll look to clip a ball in behind the defence but our strikers just aren't clever enough to make the right runs. But with a player like Vardy up top I think he'll have a field day. He won't usually try and force the issue. Some people will see that as a bit of a negative perhaps but if he can't see a run on then he'll play it simple and knock it 6 yards to someone close to him. If you can get him in that area though between the opposition midfield and defence then you'll really get the best out of him. Obviously I'm biased but I haven't seen a better player either in the Championship this season or in a Norwich shirt in the 25 plus years I've been watching us at creating something once he's in those positions. He has 15 goals this season and nearly all of them are 20-25 yards shots that he's placed inch perfectly in the top corner. Even if the shot isn't on as long as you have runners getting into the box he's very capable of playing a lovely little ball through or chip over the top to pick them out.

As you've probably seen on the highlights videos, he's very skillful. He's got a great ability to keep hold of the ball in tight areas and his set-piece delivery is outstanding. The thing that gives him such ability though is he has a massive amount of confidence. The first game of the season last season, despite the fact he'd made less than half a dozen first team appearances for us before, he was on every corner and free-kick, and you can tell from the interviews he gives that he's a confident lad. Not arrogant in the slightest though. He's been asked about his future several times this season and every time he's said that he's really enjoying being at Norwich and that he's not thinking about his future. I know I've literally just waxed lyrical about him in this post but he is honestly a really impressive young man and all Norwich fans will tell you the same, hence the reason he walked our player of the year. I know obviously its a big step to go from mid-table Championship to an established Premier League side, but I've never seen a player in a Norwich shirt more capable or more prepared to do it.

One thing as well to consider when is that he's got 15 goals 11 assists this season, despite playing in, what for most of last season, was a pretty poor side. Numerous times last season he would put chances on a plate for our strikers only for them to mess it up. If he had better players around him, say played for Wolves or Fulham for example, he would've got unbelievable numbers.

I think this is a really good move for all parties. All Norwich fans now are resigned to losing him due to our financial situation, and to be honest it wouldn't be fair on him to stop him moving on when he is far too good for the Championship. I think this is the perfect move for him. As much as it would look good on us selling him to a Spurs or Liverpool, he wouldn't get as much game time as I think he would want or need. Whereas Leicester are a well-established Premier League side now, and one that he can not only get plenty of game time with, but hopefully nail down a first team spot and really show what he has to offer. Really wish him all the best, and I'm sure a lot of Norwich fans will have an eye out for your games next season.

I hope he signs for you now at least or I've just typed all that out for no reason. I could always copy and paste it onto the Everton forum I guess. 

PS, you can mock the 6 fingers but this was a long old post and I typed it in about 45 seconds :thumbup:

Sold.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

si

I do think we need some experienced players to help Ian, Diabate, Gray, Chillwell, Barnes, Choudhury, Hughes and perhaps Maddison. Silva and Iborra look like they'll be most beneficial to the youngsters. I wouldn't mind signing another experienced CL player tbh even one in his late 20s.

Our team could be:

Ian Vardy

Diabate Maddison Ndidi Gray

Chilwell Maguire Someone Pereira

Kasper

Only Kasper and Vardy would be over 25... And I'm not sure they're the nurturing types...

Edited by Foxxed

8 hours ago, Ncfc123 said:

Hi everyone, Norwich fan here in peace just thought I'd give you a bit of info about James Maddison. Our main journalist has tweeted that the deal now is agreed between our two clubs its just a case now of you moving Mahrez on. Think it's only a matter of time before this move happens as he's always very reliable (our local journo that is, no idea how reliable Mahrez is on Norwich City related transfer news).

Maddison has been an absolute revelation here this season. Before the season started Norwich fans were excited about the prospect of him getting more game-time, as he'd only been involved sporadically in the 18 months or so since we signed him from Coventry, and for half a season he was even inexplicably loaned out to Aberdeen by Alex Neil who had started to lose the plot. Scotland was too easy for him to be honest but in the handful of games he had played for us before last season you could see he had ability. He got his chance a bit fortuitously to be fair, due to Pritchard and Hoolahan, our main attacking midfielders, being out injured, and Steven Naismith being a fat Scottish ****. But once he got his chance he grabbed it with both hands, and without him this season we would've almost certainly been in a relegation scrap.

He's an attacking midfielder, and when he's played on the wing this season he's been pretty much anonymous, so if you're planning on putting him straight in on the right hand side where Mahrez played then it won't work. Play him as a CAM though and I'm sure he'll be a very good player for you. He likes to come deep to collect the ball and then look to either make a forward pass or drive into the opposition half with pace. You can tell at times he's been frustrated this season because he'll look to clip a ball in behind the defence but our strikers just aren't clever enough to make the right runs. But with a player like Vardy up top I think he'll have a field day. He won't usually try and force the issue. Some people will see that as a bit of a negative perhaps but if he can't see a run on then he'll play it simple and knock it 6 yards to someone close to him. If you can get him in that area though between the opposition midfield and defence then you'll really get the best out of him. Obviously I'm biased but I haven't seen a better player either in the Championship this season or in a Norwich shirt in the 25 plus years I've been watching us at creating something once he's in those positions. He has 15 goals this season and nearly all of them are 20-25 yards shots that he's placed inch perfectly in the top corner. Even if the shot isn't on as long as you have runners getting into the box he's very capable of playing a lovely little ball through or chip over the top to pick them out.

As you've probably seen on the highlights videos, he's very skillful. He's got a great ability to keep hold of the ball in tight areas and his set-piece delivery is outstanding. The thing that gives him such ability though is he has a massive amount of confidence. The first game of the season last season, despite the fact he'd made less than half a dozen first team appearances for us before, he was on every corner and free-kick, and you can tell from the interviews he gives that he's a confident lad. Not arrogant in the slightest though. He's been asked about his future several times this season and every time he's said that he's really enjoying being at Norwich and that he's not thinking about his future. I know I've literally just waxed lyrical about him in this post but he is honestly a really impressive young man and all Norwich fans will tell you the same, hence the reason he walked our player of the year. I know obviously its a big step to go from mid-table Championship to an established Premier League side, but I've never seen a player in a Norwich shirt more capable or more prepared to do it.

One thing as well to consider when is that he's got 15 goals 11 assists this season, despite playing in, what for most of last season, was a pretty poor side. Numerous times last season he would put chances on a plate for our strikers only for them to mess it up. If he had better players around him, say played for Wolves or Fulham for example, he would've got unbelievable numbers.

I think this is a really good move for all parties. All Norwich fans now are resigned to losing him due to our financial situation, and to be honest it wouldn't be fair on him to stop him moving on when he is far too good for the Championship. I think this is the perfect move for him. As much as it would look good on us selling him to a Spurs or Liverpool, he wouldn't get as much game time as I think he would want or need. Whereas Leicester are a well-established Premier League side now, and one that he can not only get plenty of game time with, but hopefully nail down a first team spot and really show what he has to offer. Really wish him all the best, and I'm sure a lot of Norwich fans will have an eye out for your games next season.

I hope he signs for you now at least or I've just typed all that out for no reason. I could always copy and paste it onto the Everton forum I guess. 

PS, you can mock the 6 fingers but this was a long old post and I typed it in about 45 seconds :thumbup:

Fantastic post and I'll be gutted if we don't sign him now.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I do think we need some experienced players to help Ian, Diabate, Gray, Chillwell, Barnes, Choudhury, Hughes and perhaps Maddison. Silva and Iborra look like they'll be most beneficial to the youngsters. I wouldn't mind signing another experienced CL player tbh even one in his late 20s.

Well, that'd be Dragovic.

I do hope Puel is able to overcome his doubts and goes all in.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Walkers said:

Howcome people are keen to spend 20m on him when he's more or less only came to light this season but not so on Grealish?

It remains to be seen whether we actually pay £20m, be it in total or straightaway.

In the most likely case, it'll be something in the amount of £10m to £15m, plus some add-ons.

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Well, that'd be Dragovic.

I do hope Puel is able to overcome his doubts and goes all in.

Perhaps. I want it to be Silva. But if you agree we need a creative central midfielder and also agree Ndidi is the best defensive midfielder  then I can't see a place for Silva and Iborra in the startup, at least not in a formation with only two central midfielders...

33 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Well, he was stubborn enough to cram the players that we have into a system they weren't not accustomed to and persisted with it and some dubious personnel choices for months when we were in contention for a fantastic 7th place in the table, even though ultimately his experiments led us nowhere but down in the standings.

But then again, that's just my two cents.

Or by doing what you have said. He now knows his squad who can cut it who can't. By doing that he now buys what we need not our scatter gun approach from previous windows.

Europe this season would have been a mare. Qualifying with most of our squad not here. Making it a long season with little to no rest for most.

6 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Don’t know if posted ?

I've only seen yt clips but he seems much better than Graelish.

Only problem is, if the above poster is correct about Maddison, that he's not going to fit on the wing, that means bye bye for Sila, and our entire midfield and one striker are all 22 or under.

5 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Or by doing what you have said. He now knows his squad who can cut it who can't. By doing that he now buys what we need not our scatter gun approach from previous windows.

Europe this season would have been a mare. Qualifying with most of our squad not here. Making it a long season with little to no rest for most.

Makes no sense - the 2nd qualification round starts two weeks after the end of the World Cup. By then, most players will have returned from World Cup duty and/or holidays (for quite some time), and with already some training done.

And the opposition in that round would've been on the easier side, anyway. At least on paper.

Not buying the theory in which we allegedly threw the second half of last season because of the dangers of the Europa League qualification process.

2 hours ago, Hitesh said:

He's going to Everton or another unnamed Premier league club which I've been told is not us as they've met the fee demanded from Norwich. 

does "Ive been told" mean:

A) You read it on the internet?

B) you have no idea really but have just made it up in an attempt to look and sound knowledgeable?

C) someone who really has no way of knowing told you?

D) you have a direct source inside the club who is actively engaged in our sensitive transfer negotiations?

E) you have a direct source inside one of the other clubs involved in their own sensitive transfer negotiations?

F) you know the payer and/or close family directly?

If by chance the answer was above was "D" please keep us all informed :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Perhaps. I want it to be Silva. But if you agree we need a creative central midfielder and also agree Ndidi is the best defensive midfielder  then I can't see a place for Silva and Iborra in the startup, at least not in a formation with only two central midfielders...

Who knows? Iborra has stated before that he's not too happy at Leicester, so maybe he'll be allowed to go back to Spain, at least on loan.

That'd leave Ndidi as our starting CDM and Silva further up front, a diamond 4-1-2-1-2 with a proper left and right midfielder, a system that works very well on the counter.

Btw, what is it with Spaniards not liking it at LCFC? lol Hernandez was a similar case.

Just now, Foxxed said:

I've only seen yt clips but he seems much better than Graelish.

Only problem is, if the above poster is correct about Maddison, that he's not going to fit on the wing, that means bye bye for Sila, and our entire midfield and one striker are all 22 or under.

Probably be a 4-2-3-1 with Silva & N'didi holding midfield and Maddison behind the striker and between the wingers, fluidly rotating. King is obviously seen as surplus(had a good run), James, Iborra(maybe expendable) and Choudhury as the midfielders.

1 minute ago, SpazticChicken said:

Probably be a 4-2-3-1 with Silva & N'didi holding midfield and Maddison behind the striker and between the wingers, fluidly rotating. King is obviously seen as surplus(had a good run), James, Iborra(maybe expendable) and Choudhury as the midfielders.

Not impossible, but currently unlikely.

Despite his impressive stats with Norwich, I can't see Maddison being a starter already.

And let's not forget he's still out injured until late July and won't be fully fit for matches before fall.

I have high hopes for Silva, and I can see plenty of occasions where Iborra will be needed too - I think the idea is to have a squad with enough depth and variation, so we play a different team at home to Cardiff as opposed to Liverpool away. Maddison sounds like a proper prospect, I hope we land him.

• Like 1