Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mannyzlcfc

James Maddison

Just now, Molson Canadian said:

From Skysports Transfer Center

07:26

TOFFEES WANT MADDISON

Everton are leading a group of Premier League clubs keen to sign Norwich City’s player of the year James Maddison.

Marco Silva, confirmed yesterday as Everton’s new manager, is a known admirer of the midfielder, presently recovering from a knee ligament injury suffered at Sheffield Wednesday on the last day of the season.

A host of top Premier League teams continue to monitor the England Under-21's progress include Liverpool, Tottenham, Man Cityand Southampton.

07.26 old news, the sweet prince is a FOx somebody tell Sky to sort out their shit

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, AS78UK said:

Hakim Ziyech would be so much better 

This guy is awesome and we made a mistake not bringing him in during 2016 when we were linked. He's still 25, so plenty of room to get better and for resell value if that's part of our planning.

Sadly I think a transfer is no longer possible, and he will go to a top 5 club in one of Spain, Italy or here. 

Even if he were available, I think he would be a 40M+ player at Premier League prices, though maybe more like 25-30 for Spain and Italy.

16 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Only players to have more than 100 key passes in Europe this season:

Hakim Ziyech (143)

Dimitri Payet (125)

James Maddison (124)

Zinedine Ferhat (120)

Luke Freeman (113)

Kevin De Bruyne (111)

Also in Championship Team of the Season (no Grealish) 

£22m about £5m overpriced IMO, even in this climate, but probably paid extra to get it done quickly, which is understandable. 

Seems to me we should be going for Ziyech & Payet then lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ozvaldo said:

I swear Everton and us always go after the same players.

I guess we are pretty equivalent these days - both potential to make it to Europe, but not big enough to compete with the top clubs for the top top players. 

Just now, rachhere said:

I guess we are pretty equivalent these days - both potential to make it to Europe, but not big enough to compete with the top clubs for the top top players. 

I agree, to some degree, but Everton are the more attractive club to play for. 

I must admit I'm uncomfortable spending this much on somebody who has never kicked a ball this level, no matter what his potential is. It's not all about future profit but he'll have to be sensational for us to make any sort of money on him.

Like I said in the Grealish thread, it's absolute madness that a club outside the top league can receive this sort of money for a player who has scored 14 goals at championship level.

• Like 1

Good to see we’re replacing Mahrez sparrow legs ?

57D80C8E-E361-4AF1-B7AB-F71D9912EF58.thumb.jpeg.dcabf908b89f13dbd3362e17fb1da9c4.jpeg

In all all seriousness though this would be a fantastic buy! 

Edited by AjcW
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I must admit I'm uncomfortable spending this much on somebody who has never kicked a ball this level, no matter what his potential is. It's not all about future profit but he'll have to be sensational for us to make any sort of money on him.

Like I said in the Grealish thread, it's absolute madness that a club outside the top league can receive this sort of money for a player who has scored 14 goals at championship level.

It's not just about statistics. It's marrying that up with players passing the "eye test". Jamie Vardy's best season in the championship involved him scoring 16 goals, as a striker. But yes, any time you're spending big money it's a risk, irrespective of the league.

A young English talent doesn't need to be sensational for his value to rise. Harry Maguire had a "decent" season and is now touted as being worthy of a fee at least double what we paid, and we'd probably be looking for £20m + for Demarai Gray, who hasn't yet proved anything at this level.

Edited by martyn

5 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Good thing it's our Billionaire owner spending it then :P #pocketchange 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Good to see we’re replacing Mahrez sparrow legs ?

57D80C8E-E361-4AF1-B7AB-F71D9912EF58.thumb.jpeg.dcabf908b89f13dbd3362e17fb1da9c4.jpeg

In all all seriousness though this would be a fantastic buy! 

As long as he doesn't become the new Darren Eadie....

I hope we'll produce a video of him with some music that I can listen to, it's very distracting. I must get a "music off" switch for you tube installed ASAP.

Edited by norwichfox

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

Only players to have more than 100 key passes in Europe this season:

Hakim Ziyech (143)

Dimitri Payet (125)

James Maddison (124)

Zinedine Ferhat (120)

Luke Freeman (113)

Kevin De Bruyne (111)

Also in Championship Team of the Season (no Grealish) 

£22m about £5m overpriced IMO, even in this climate, but probably paid extra to get it done quickly, which is understandable. 

Impressive stats.  Welcome to Leicester you beautiful man.  X

• Like 1