Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

Do you watch this and think "what a great game"? Sky would like to think so

Sky care about 6 teams the rest of us are an annoying irrelevance. 

1 minute ago, Markyblue said:

Sky care about 6 teams the rest of us are an annoying irrelevance. 

We are just the filler required to make up the numbers. Don't be surprised to see a "super league" comprised of Europes top teams come about in the next ten years.

Think the league will be close from 10th down few injuries to Burnley they could struggle as could wolves. I thought at the start of the season Southampton would go down as well as Cardiff then could be close for the last spot. As much as West Ham have spent again it wouldn’t suprise me to see them struggle again and Newcastle are also another one if they go on a bad run will struggle to get them selves out of it.

3 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

Nah, Wolves will be fine and Burnley too. Huddersfield look as if the shine has come off too. 

I agree . I think Wolves will be fine but we will see the 8 to 10 team logjam at the bottom with  two or three losses in a row dropping a team to the bottom three.

Lets be honest, the relegation battle will probably be more exciting than the title race.

I thought Watford were candidates to go down at the start of the season - didn't end the season well, struggled for goals, and wasn't sure on their transfer business. Have started well though. But is it a case of Brighton by all accounts being very poor on the day and playing a Burnley side who didn't have a proper pre season and played 120 minutes a few days ago? Or could they do okay this season.

Edited by Kopfkino

You have to marvel at the style of football Pep has brought to Man City. You can see it’s a team effort. They all want to do well for each other. It’s clear.

However, what a massively unequal playing field. Imagine bringing on Mahrez and Sane as subs! And that’s without DeBruyne.

Its a little ridiculous really....

Predicted before the season started that Burnley would struggle this season because of the Europa league.  No way is their squad big enough to cope with playing on a Thursday and Sunday.  Even Dyche will realise the sooner they get knocked out the quicker they can concentrate on the premier league.

Early doors yes but 3 1 at home to Watford is not good.